Comments

• I guess I won't get an answer.

June 8, 2010 at 9:44 p.m.

• Victore.

Do you have any proof of that he is stopping Senate candidacies? You want impreachment because the ballot box didn't go your way.

I guess I shouldn't respond to your comment because I am on your "Threat bulletin".

June 8, 2010 at 4:17 a.m.

• Mike,

I know that I’m on your ignore list, but regardless, I do agree with itisi on some of his/her subject matter, Obama is still in campaign mode and is blaming Bush for most of what is going today. When will it stop? If you’re that inline with this President, I would think you might be a little more concerned about the right and wrongs that are going on in his administration. Although you have made your self totally transparent that this President does nothing wrong.

In the next few months Obama will have to answer to some very serious questions, about these political favors about offering jobs the Chicago way. But (IMO) his is no better than the former Governor of Illinois that tried to sell Obama’s seat to some one else. The fact of the matter is, you sound just like any other left wing blogger that is kissing his you know what with out coming up for air…

June 5, 2010 at 6:03 p.m.

• Mike, I’m going try paraphrasing in reference to your blog, and be objective.

You claim to be inline with the President either by ideology or the direction his is taking this country.

Empathy, I don’t believe President Obama has the ability to understand the needs or feelings of another person or the people of the United States; he comes off far too often with an attitude of arrogance and anger, because someone may disagree with him. He talks down to people, he doesn’t speak on the same level as everyone else, he expects those to whom he is speaking to, to come up to his level.

As an example, the police officer and the professor, he shot his mouth because of arrogance; he was not presidential at all. He had no business getting involved in that matter or even the perception he knew the facts.

Healthcare, it was over whelming that there were more people against his Bill than for it. So he done an end around and catered to congress to pass it, again with no empathy for those that disapproved.

The AZ law, instead of showing his arrogance, and addressing the governor and having a conference, and work towards a solution, he choose to try and show the governor was in contempt by passing and signing it into law.

BP, he went after them as they were the enemy or a bunch of criminals. When all he had to do was address the American people and the State of Louisiana, we will provide every available resource to stop the flow of oil and stand with BP until there is a fix. Once again his arrogance was applied. Then he can take what ever action that is necessary, be legal or fines.

President Obama is not showing leadership, instead he acts like a kid in a candy store, which was told “no” you cannot have that, and then throws a tantrum.

He is not a big supporter Israel; his head of state has condemned Israel for their action on the high seas, should have waited until all the evidence was in, instead loose lips by Hilary.

I don’t know why it took so long for a news conference, maybe it’s because of that ding teleprompter that he can’t seem to do without. When he speaks it’s with an empty heart and no compassion. He is a lot like Woodrow Wilson, which was a very arrogant President.

June 3, 2010 at 8:44 p.m.

• We eliminated about 75% of Al Qaeda and its leaders in our first invasion of Afghanistan;we had al Qaeda on the run,hundreds of interpreters, and our Allies to really make a difference in our fight on those that actually attacked us. We should've stayed with that mission..... Oh I never said we would not have issues with Iran but they would have Iraq to worry about because they thought Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

Iran does not like the Taliban of Afghanistan nor the Sunni Al Qaeda. They are natural enemies, that is why they offered to help us in the initial invasion of Afghanistan.

Iran is in the middle of Iraq and Afghanistan..... When we attacked Iraq we took that natural barrier away. Now, we we weaken Iraq ,so Iran was free to create havoc in Iraq and a forgotten Afghanistan.

Colin Powell, the secretary of state at that time, thought Saddam Hussein was in a box where he couldn't do any harm. He told the president this but remember Judith Miller and Curve Ball fed Colin Powell all those lies he submitted to the U.N. Council. They came from a tortured detainee.

June 3, 2010 at 5:24 p.m.

• Go ahead and answer Mike, I wasn't directing the question to you but what ever.

1. How do you know that we don't consider taking them out?
    2. Exactly the way a lot of things are done in government.
    3. Yep, if we had left Saddam alone, we wouldn't have the issues we have with Iran right now.
    4. Your opinion. Care to expand on how you came to that conclusioin?

June 3, 2010 at 5:03 p.m.

• The better question would have been, if the American people knew Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and did not possess WMD , (without even mentioning that we would lose 4.000 troops, spend billions of dollars, and open a can of worms,) how would they have voted?

June 3, 2010 at 4:46 p.m.

• Holein1 said "Code, do you agree that Saddam was an evil man that needed to be taken out? "

Oh,I used to love that question...

1. There are many dictators around the world that are evil but we won't consider taking out.
    2. That calls for an "the end justifies the means" foreign policy.
    3. Actually , Saddam Hussein was a natural deterrent to Iran... Remember Iran helped our effort in our initial invasion of Afghanistan.
    4. Iraq turned out to be our country's worst foreign policy blunder,ever.

June 3, 2010 at 4:38 p.m.

• Holein1
    You are absolutely right, I should have been more clear because if one poster misunderstood , there were probably many others.

I am just too political because it fascinates me how we can determine how it is, and then a few days later the opposition paints another picture. I love to get in debates on the finer points of a piece of legislation or the constitution.

I don't say it much, but I admired the way President Bush could do so much with so little; by just being absolute. I admired the way President Reagan couldn't get ruffled by his opponents.... I have said this before ,if George W. Bush had 59 senators, he could pass anything he wanted to, using all the tricks in the books and make the democrats look like whiners for complaining. I saw eight years of this..... On the other hand, I saw president Obama make the house republican leadership look like schoolchildren in the televised health care summit. This president does not have a vice president to counter the charges of Sarah Palin. Michelle Bachman, Beck & Rush. The republicans are more monolithic. ..IMO

June 3, 2010 at 4:29 p.m.

• Code, do you agree that Saddam was an evil man that needed to be taken out?

June 3, 2010 at 4:09 p.m.

• Sorry I misunderstood your reason for the post. Perhaps you should have been more clear.

My mind is not made up about you, or anyone else for that matter. I try to keep an open mind.

It seems you were offended by my statements, and if that is so, then I apologize, as it was not my intention.

What a President says and what actually goes on behind the scenes are often two different things. If you believe that not to be the case, then who is being naive?

I disagree with a lot of things the presidents of the past, and the current president, have done. They all make mistakes, some bigger than others.

June 3, 2010 at 4:07 p.m.

• Hictoria
    I have been calling for people to be held accountable for the past eight years.

You said" I personally think the current president is failing and should be held accountable. Simple as that.".... That's a pretty vague statement.... As long as we have left and right perspectives; yes there will be failures but people can't just sit on the fence; thinking they are above the fray.

I think you gotta make specific charges, with credible evidence and have a solution.

June 3, 2010 at 4:01 p.m.

• The way I see it pointing fingers back and forth puts you both on an even plane. The left and the right have both screwed up in the past and the present. Those who fail at their jobs should be held accountable left or right.

June 3, 2010 at 3:51 p.m.

• Holein1
    Yes Bush was prone to spontaneous decisions because the relied on his gut, as he readily admits.

I remembered the decision to allow Dubai to run our national seaports ,choosing Harriet Miers to be his Supreme Court nominee and Alberto Gonzales to be his second choice. I imagine if you give me a little time I can come up with plenty more.

The title of my blog was meant to be rhetorical not a free unresearched defamation of my character.... Oh I was asking a question of what is expected of a president. Different perceptions.... You went on to give your honest assessment of what you thought of me,so I wanted others not to go by your assessment and advised them to check my comment history. I knew you had your mind made up.

June 3, 2010 at 2:44 p.m.

• Also remember that the desire to engage Iraq was the motive for starting the intelligence gathering in the first place.

As Bush's Treasury Secretary, Paul O'Neill said: “From the very beginning, there was a conviction, that Saddam Hussein was a bad person and that he needed to go".

June 3, 2010 at 2:38 p.m.

• Mike, you are right, I'm too lazy or too busy to go back and read all of your comment history. That is why I ask you questions. So you can make your points without me having to do the research. Not everyone has the freedom of retirement.

Why is this post not for me? Perhaps you shouldn't ask the questions if you do not like the answer.

"Double standards, backdoor deals,feinting empathy, are all part of what we call American politics. That is why it is not for the moral superior,weak at heart and naive people that think that everything needs to be on the up and up and there is only one way of governing." I couldn't have said it better myself.

June 3, 2010 at 2:33 p.m.

• Holein1 said "Bringing up Iraq is weak. That was a decision that Bush did not make on his own. This decision was based on information that at the time they believed was factual. Fault the information, not the decision. "

I don't want to rehash the Iraq war but and perhaps you should go back and read what the Senate Intelligence Committee phase I and II reported. It basically reported that the Bush administration relied on information from a tortured prisoner and were not forthcoming with intelligence that contradicted their beliefs. They were very dismissive of contrary evidence. I still remember that only about 4 to 6 senators ever viewed the contrary evidence. Today you will hear Colin Powell and others tell us how the Bush administration was determined to go to war.

You can disagree with the president all you want but it is my belief this country needs a RESET...Financial reform,new energy policy,immigration reform, campaign finance, and a clean separation of government from BIG OIL etc....Yes,we need change.

June 3, 2010 at 2:25 p.m.

• Holein1

I know you're not much on research but a quick look at my comment history would tell you that I have always been a follower of Keynesian economics, Health Care reform, an alternative energy, and using more diplomacy instead of constant war. It was not hard to align myself with Barack Obama. I certainly do not need to apologize for that because I see the uptick in our economy, Health Care was passed, the president is making a push for alternative energy and we are currently killing more of al Qaeda leaders than ever before. Mistakes were made in the Fort Hood shooting, Christmas day failed bombing, and the recent market square failed plot and steps were taken to correct them...Director of National Intelligence Admiral Dennis Blair tendered his resignation,to boot.

If you would ever bother to check my comment history ,you would see where I criticized the president when he was a candidate because he opted out of public financing. I also criticized him when he came back and voted to give the telecoms immunity from prosecution, in their role of domestic spying. I have been equally critical because we still have the Patriot Act, Guantanamo Bay has not been closed, the secret dark prisons are still open and he allowed people like Karl Rowe to escape prosecution for his role in politicizing the Justice Dept.

Double standards, backdoor deals,feinting empathy, are all part of what we call American politics. That is why it is not for the moral superior,weak at heart and naive people that think that everything needs to be on the up and up and there is only one way of governing. Those people forget how they stood up for President Reagan during Iran- Contra, and George W. Bush during Katrina, and Bill Clinton during his scandals.

This post not really for you because you will ever be convinced but others may take the trouble to find the truth.

BTW Like President's Obama's last two escalations of troops to Afghanistan,they are his decisions...The ultimate decision rests with the commander in chief.... Obama acknowledges that.

Bush repeatedly said "We will stay the course" until the Dems defeated the GOP and made him change course.

June 3, 2010 at 2:11 p.m.

• Is that what you perceive?

I try to hold myself up to the highest standards, sometimes I fail. I don't know what standard you hold yourself up to, you have to be the one who determines that.

You asked the question of whether perception is reality. I was trying to answer it.

You said, "Like it or not, a presidential decision are rarely spontaneous." Agreed. I would go so far as to say they are never spontaneous. You also said, "President Bush after several days of being aloof, came back and gave what many think was a great " bull horn moment" but he still made that mistake of sending 150,000 troops to Iraq." Making is sound as if Bush was a president prone to spontaneous decisions.

If people don't agree with the choices this president makes, "This is part of the change America received..."

Has there been a choice or decision made by Mr. Obama that you have not supported?

June 3, 2010 at 1:57 p.m.

• Holein1
    You are basically saying is that I'm an empty suit without any values, will lie instead of facing the truth and you hold yourself up to a higher standard...Correct?

June 3, 2010 at 1:13 p.m.

• Lol, slam dunk, codearchitect..... Lesson here, never go to battle with a wordsmith, when the best you can do is make a handmade sign for a tea party rally.

BTW Code, remind me not to get all your bad side.:-)

June 3, 2010 at 1:07 p.m.

• Some would say that perception is very important. In a lot of cases, perception is reality.

I perceive that you will support President Obama, no matter the circumstances. You will use double standards to suit your arguments and support your cause. In your eyes, Mr. Obama can do no wrong. His mistakes are actually not mistakes but misperceptions.

June 3, 2010 at 1:07 p.m.

• Ed's beautifully written romance post evokes similar feelings of D(ebonair)ubya discreetly wiping a tear from his eye as he flew over New Orleans wishing, so desperately, he could have spent more time with "Brownie". How he wished he could tell Laura of the purely platonic love he had for this bulwark of a man. What a heck of a guy he was. As Air-force One flew into the horizon and with a heart that ached so Presidentially all he could hear in his lovestruck mind was that line from Peggy Lee classic - "You give me FEMA when you kiss me, FEMA when you hold me tight..."

June 3, 2010 at 12:46 p.m.

• Wow, they just made a clean cut but to this untrained eye, it looks like the oil flown is coming out faster than before.

June 3, 2010 at 11:40 a.m.

• Lol... Jealousy and sour grapes will get you nowhere.

June 3, 2010 at 11:26 a.m.