Comments

• Victore...You have a Mod 88 Queen Air? Very cool! Congratulations on owning a very rare airplane. Until I did a little research because of your posts, I had always thought the Duke was Beech's first pressurized piston plane. Again, very cool.

March 31, 2010 at 7:27 p.m.

• What about the conservative Mink Coat Mob of the Early 1960's?

March 30, 2010 at 9:27 p.m.

• The DHS should be abolished. They are labeling everyone a terrorist. Disgusting!

March 30, 2010 at 8:38 p.m.

• "The Capitol police,who also arrested a individual for spitting on Congressman Emanuel Cleaver but he was immediately released because the congressman refused to press charges."

This statement is completely false:

1. Cleaver walk up the stairs and got as close as he could to the yelling demonstrator. In fact he intentionally stuck his face right in front of the shouting demonstrator - LBJ would have been proud.

2. He waved his hand across his face feinting that some saliva got on him.

3. There was no reaction from the police woman who was right behind him - there was no arrest.

4. When someone spits in your face you don't just wave your hands and walk away leaving the spit just hanging there - good grief. Your first reaction is to get it off - shirt sleeves are good for this, whatever.

I will conclude this study by saying "spitgate" is a crock and it's time to stick a fork in it - let's all just move on, we need to concentrate on saving our great nation from liberal, left wing, socialists.

March 30, 2010 at 8:01 p.m.

• Mike,
    this is the best time of the year to fly with me to Vegas, we will take the southern route it’s not hot, so it want be a bumpy ride. Beautiful view from FL250 a great view of the mountains of southwest Texas, a stop in Phoenix top the fuel make turn up toward Carson city and Vegas here we come… Oh we don't need no stinking parachutes we will be pressurized.

March 30, 2010 at 7:16 p.m.

• "The last time I was in Las Vegas I was going to take a Helicopter ride inside the Grand Canyon but a friend of mine told me that the pilots were all Vietnam vets prone to flashbacks.They tend to nosedive thinking the tourist are the enemy..:-)"

You missed a fine ride. That is the best way to truly experience the magnitude of the Grand Canyon.

March 30, 2010 at 6:54 p.m.

• Mike...your blog....Bovine Scatosorus!

March 30, 2010 at 6:50 p.m.

• Whatever label is put on any of these "groups", be they the Hutaree, labeled as a right wing Christians militia, Al Quida, labeled as Islamic Extremists, the protester that show up at every G8, or environmental meeting, and riot, labeled as just anarchist, Timothy McVeigh and his one or two cohorts, labeled as militia movement sympathizers, or Charles Manson and his little band set on starting a race war,they have one thing in common... they have their own little view of reality.

The same could be said of Jim Jones, Heavens Gate, Hare Krishna, Davis Koresh and the Branch Davidians, and the group that attacked the subway system in Japan.

They ALL have one thing in common, a belief that their way is the right way, their "prophesy" of the truth, most times self fulfilling, and a certain amount of either brainwashing or self induced hysteria.

These groups believe in their mis-guided truth come He77 or high water.

I would not put all of the tea party group in the same boat, (all because loose cannons can be found every where),as the other groups mentioned.

The tea party group,except for a few loose cannons, does not carry the same religious zeal or anti-capitalism theme the other groups have.

I would tend to view the real tea party movement as actually pro government,the government outlined in the constitution, tempered with compassion, but not over stepping the idea of the greater good.

March 30, 2010 at 6:03 p.m.

• Oh no,I couldn't trust my parachute release..:-)

March 30, 2010 at 5:58 p.m.

• Ding Mike, I was going to fly my Beech Queen Air into Victoria pick you up and head out to Vegas for a little fun for a couple days, but I guess that would be wrong we would just argue for 4hr. &45 min….

March 30, 2010 at 5:42 p.m.

• John

Wing nuts come in all stripes and I don't stereotype but I don't take lightly when someone wants to assassinate policemen and their families; but you're you're getting off subject; I think.

I am a Christian but I don't wear it on my sleeve..
    I respect other religions and their beliefs.
    I keep my politics secular.

I am not that vain. I don’t think I am able to feed the anti-Christian agenda.

This blog was not about Christians; the one example I gave was in support of the Homeland Security memo.

March 30, 2010 at 5:35 p.m.

• On a final note, I would imagine God has been in need of a good laugh; “there appears to more liberals each day“.

March 30, 2010 at 5:34 p.m.

• A duck can call himself a fish, but he is still a duck.

Mike, if you “live” as Christ Jesus taught, then you are a Christian. More so than those who live by the written words, but yet, do not have the living words written on their heart.

Prayer is life, because Life is the word of God. In living a life adherent to the will of God, we are in communion with him.

Telling God I am not one of yours, even though you live according to the living will of God…is just funny.

I asked God once did he think that was funny, then I saw a liberal guy trip over and started laughing; he was laughing too. When I asked him what was he laughing about, he said he didn’t know, it just felt right.

In that moment, I believed God gave me the answer.

A fish can call himself a duck, but he is still a fish; eventually however both could end up apart of each other, ironic huh?

March 30, 2010 at 5:31 p.m.

• Mike,
    I have seen the video and read any everything, the arrest is a complete fabrication by CNN. Look at the Video Mike, make your on judgment … There was no arrest or release of this individual… I pointed out the facts at the beginning of your blog…

March 30, 2010 at 5:29 p.m.

• There is no wall between the people and God, except those that others want you too believe. The difference between Islam and Christianity is simple to clarify. While I have the utmost respect for my Muslim American brothers and sisters; can they say with all sincerity before Allah, that if any Islamic state were to be in the position of the United States of America, things would be the same or better?

I would argue no, because “Christianity in this country” was founded under religious persecution; this institutionalized the desire for tolerance and inclusion. Recently, Liberals have hijacked the position of tolerance and respect for people of difference.

No, it’s inconceivable that over 200 hundred years, of overwhelmingly Christian Conservative religious tolerance, would be hijacked. Faith can not be coerced, it is simply, freely accepting the will of God. The very nature of Christian faith makes this impossible.

Stereotyping Christians, because of the words and actions of those who do not act as Christians, is simply feeding the “anti-Christian” agenda; and empowering those against Christianity.

March 30, 2010 at 5:20 p.m.

• Because Congressman Clever did not press charges..READ

March 30, 2010 at 5:06 p.m.

• Mike why don't you just pull up a chair at MSNBC, or maybe start another Air America.

BTW, no one was arrested for spitting on that congressman...

March 30, 2010 at 5:05 p.m.

• What if I'm not Christian?
    Would I have other options?

March 30, 2010 at 5:03 p.m.

• Rome sought to discredit, imprison, and execute Christians into compliance or extinction; for hundreds of years, after a while they saw the folly in this. I’m just saying be leery of what you hear and see, because as a blogger, you know everyone has an agenda.

Be certain that your agenda serves the will of God. I am constantly telling people that if one serves God’s will faithfully, regardless of their sins; then who can stand against them. Mortal death, is the vindication of the righteous, because their reward is eternal life in the salvation of Christ Jesus. In the same context, mortal death is to be feared by the deceivers and unfaithful, but as long as they have life there is hope for salvation.

Love the sinner not the sin; whether you be Christian conservative or liberal, truth is truth, and can not be denied with all sincerity.

March 30, 2010 at 5 p.m.

• John

I think that paramilitary militia group hijacked Christianity for their own purposes much like the Islamic extremists hijacked the religion of Islam. We mustn't forget that Christian or not, this group was fixing to assassinate a policeman; go to his funeral and kill civilians hoping to start a revolution. How do we know that? The FBI infiltrated that group and decided to stop them before they could carry out their mission.

The will of the people is subjective and I've made that quite clear… The Tea Party types don't represent me just because they are protesting.

I don't see the government as an entity but more of” we the people” I can see why opposition doesn't feel that way. The government has not taken away any of my freedoms; I felt this way ,40 years ago, 20 years ago, 9 years ago and today. I'm quite content.

March 30, 2010 at 5 p.m.

• Lol..Do a little research & reading;that way you won't always be wrong.

According to the federal complaint against him, Norman Leboon of Philadelphia has admitted making some 2,000 videos that contained threats. A sampling of his "work" reveals rambling incoherent videos that mix pseudo-religious incantations with random warnings and threats. In one video he addresses President Obama, Vice President Biden, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid by name and says, "Your punishment is coming, the swine, it will be severe, and you will beg for mercy to your god, it will be severe, you will know god's swine, god has warned you." (Some conservatives are already chortling over the fact that Leboon contributed to Obama's 2008 campaign, though it's not clear what that's supposed to signify.)

One of these days you will find out that Fox,Beck,Hannity love gullible people like you.

This guy is a nut case period...Cantor was just his latest victim..If you want to keep score ;fine put that in your column but it is still wrong.

BTW not that it will sway you but just a while ago Chris Matthews slowed down the tape of the spitting incident and it clearly shows Clever wiping off the spit as he climbing the steps of congress.

March 30, 2010 at 4:44 p.m.

• Mike,

There are a lot of choice words, positioned in your post; like trip wire. Quite masterfully done, I’m impressed, really.

An excerpt from your posting:

“I could go on and on but I think we are on the verge of a minor civil war much like the civil rights protest of old. The old-timers know what I’m talking about, although it was relatively peaceful in Victoria; we saw the violence on the nightly news.”

Your summation discredits your whole case, regarding your civil war scenario; not going to happen. The disenfranchisement at the heart of the civil rights movement, went beyond lost of faith in ones government, it was conflict with the social institution at the time.

Society itself was the cause of one populations suffering and disempowerment, the actions of the government was simply the manifestation of those “norms”. Have you not learned in all your years, that it is society that affects “real” change in government; not the other way around. Governments throughout history only maintain their authority, as long as the norms of society allow.

“The will of the people” is a Tour de force, because at its heart is the hand of God; whether you want to acknowledge it or not. This is why, the civil rights movement succeeded. The social norms that opposed the civil rights movement, were themselves artificially created and supported by groups within the people. Despite this, the will of God will not be denied indefinitely.

There is nothing to fear or hate, the will of God will work within the American people to foster responsible government, because it serves him to do so. Those who would seek too manipulate or obstruct the will of God will fail. Jesus Christ conquered the world and sin, and all he had to do was die. No blood other than his own was needed, and now here we are.

Don’t be afraid or seek to foster fear, fore that does not serve the will of God. The will of God is like a clean stream, there is no place for one drop of fear or hate. You will know them by their deeds and beware false prophets.

True Christian Conservatives defend themselves; but do not violate the rights of others intentionally. Do onto others as you would have done unto you, is the creed of True Christian Conservatives.

March 30, 2010 at 4:42 p.m.

• On the left:
    Federal authorities have arrested a Philadelphia man and charged him with threatening to kill House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and his family.

Norman Leboon will be charged with two federal counts: threatening to kill a member of Congress and interfering with his federal duties, and posting video online containing such threats. He is scheduled to appear in federal district court in Philadelphia on Monday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/...

March 30, 2010 at 4:33 p.m.

• I knew you wouldn't look up the info because you don't want to know the truth ;it's so much easier to be superficial and in the dark.

I figured you would not look it up,so i will supply it.

This the Oath Keepers oath

OATH KEEPERS:
    Military, Veterans, and peace officers who will honor their oaths to defend the Constitution, will NOT “just follow orders,” will stand for liberty, and will save the Republic, so help us God. Our motto is:

"Not on Our Watch!"

Doesn't sound threatening but watch one of their YouTube vids...They are on the list.

March 30, 2010 at 4:03 p.m.

• That's ok Mike, you alone put the right wing tag on your blog. You will be the center of my golf game tomorrow.

enjoy the rest of the day

March 30, 2010 at 3:59 p.m.

• Victore

That memo was a DHS threat assessment report initiated during the administration of George W. Bush,: The report suggested several factors, including the election of the first black or mixed race President in the person of Barack Obama, perceived future gun control measures, illegal immigration, the economic downturn beginning in 2008, the abortion controversy, and disgruntled military veterans' possible vulnerability to recruitment efforts by extremist groups as potential risk factors regarding right-wing extremism recruitment.

Shortly after that memo, a man was arrested in Pittsburgh for threatening the life of the president of the United States. He was fully armed…. Then there was that right extremist that went on a killing spree at the Holocaust Museum.
    What is it about the word “threat assessment or “several factors” that bothers you? Read about the Oathkeepers because they are actively recruiting ex-police officers and soldiers.

In the early Bush years, left-wing radicals like Code Pink were being monitored.

I don't know if it was in the comment section or in a blog, but I remember saying Code Pink should never have been allowed that close to Condoleezza Rice as she was walking away from giving her testimony in a congressional hearing.

I don't think the Department of Homeland Security needs to go around walking on egg shells.

That is just your Sean Hannity way of trying to make the subject about me disliking the troops...That has never worked and never will. That's so superficial.

March 30, 2010 at 3:44 p.m.

• Mike,
    Even if you are a vet, I find the blog even more disgusting for you to write something so degrading of our returning soldiers coming home from “WAR”…

March 30, 2010 at 3:32 p.m.

• The "MEMO" Mike... ref;vets by DHS!!! Your first sentence...

March 30, 2010 at 3:16 p.m.

• Rollingstone

I mentioned that there were left-wing radicals but this blog is about March 2010 and beyond. In my last blog I mentioned the DNC riots in Chicago and the riots by the environmentalists but this blog is about March 2010.

I would never condone violence from any group; I didn't even condone violence in Miami after the 2000 the Supreme Court decision to stop counting the votes .Nor did I condone the Watts or Detroit riots.

This is not about Republican or Democrat but I think party leaders should make it perfectly clear that violence will not be tolerated.

The left and right-wing radicals do not support a political party; per se, it's mostly about their agenda.

Think about it; what if Jesse Jackson would have used gun-imagery like rifle cross-hairs to target Republicans and used the words “reload” to fire up the base? Mainstream and right wing outlets would have been incensed… Especially in today's climate.

I thought we were headed in the wrong direction when AR15s were allowed within 1000 feet of where the president was speaking. The Secret Service should have prevented that.

All I’m saying “ we should go after the fringe element” and tone it down a bit before it escalates.

March 30, 2010 at 2:16 p.m.

• Bingo Shadow,exactly my point but they did with the ballot box in 2006 & 2008, not with violence.

March 30, 2010 at 1:56 p.m.

• Victore
    I am also a veteran and I made no references to war veterans; unless it was the quote of Glen M. Gardner Jr., the national commander of the 2.2 million-member Veterans of Foreign Wars, when he said he could been worded differently but it was indeed appropriate.

I know that the right wing is depending on cell phone and video cameras limited filming as evidence of omission but John Lewis is a respected congressman who doesn't have a reason to lie, and Candy Curly does not either. The capital police did make an arrest on the spitting incident but released the man because of congressman Cleaver did not press charges.

/politics/AP-US-Health-Care-Overhaul-Cleaver.html

March 30, 2010 at 1:53 p.m.

• "but I don't know of any left-wing groups that are doing that today. I cannot name one Democrat who is trying to urge their supporters by using incendiary language".

Gee Mike, I wonder why that is? Hmmm...could it be because the left wing is having everything their way right now?

March 30, 2010 at 1:27 p.m.

• Mike,
    You most certainly have a strange way of looking at things.

As far as the spitting ordeal with the congressman, CNN is incorrect, there was no arrest made. The video showed the individuals hands were cupped, in a yelling position and there was a capitol police female officer with in a few inches of the congressman. The congressman turned to his left and walk away from the person in question after words were exchanged by both parties. The police office never confronted the person in question. Videos don’t lie… Congressmen do…

The right wing extremist comment is a way to hell off base. Please do not insult us war veterans with your left wing crap… I wish you would remove the bolg it’s over the top…

Have a great day

March 30, 2010 at 1:02 p.m.

• You're right Mike, we all remember the radicals rioting at the Chicago DNC Convention and radicals bombing the Pentagon. And then there's always the big shootout in LA with the SLA. And who can forget radicals spitting on soldiers returning from duty in Vietnam.

Yeah, those right wing radicals were hell to pay back then weren't they, Mike.

March 30, 2010 at 12:58 p.m.