Comments

• itisi, I agree. Sadly this is true.

Love the cartoon rollinstone.

October 14, 2010 at 7:28 p.m.

• Mike, check out the cartoon at the top of your post. That pretty well illustrates the tone I am speaking of.

I have not entered any information as fact. I stated my opinion just as you did.

I am sure my opinion is of about the same value to you.

October 14, 2010 at 7:25 p.m.

• Mike,
    Your viewpoint is well taken.

Healthcare, I disagree with your synopsis. Healthcare has done exactly what it was designed to, that was to drive up insurance cost, and put private companies out of business. Then we will be forced to buy government funded insurance. Obama has stated his dislike for insurance companies for quite some time. Pelosi stated she wanted insurance companies to go broke. Within 5 years, if this healthcare is not changed by congress there will no longer be private insurance companies.

As far as understanding the healthcare law, there is no way too explain over two thousand pages and summarize it, and speak on that topic for an hour. And walk away thinking you understand it.

Obama, got the dems drunk and sold them a bill of goods with no intent on repaying the favor, and Pelosi was pouring the whiskey, they bought it. Now they are fighting for there poor little political empires with no hope insight. Obama and Pelosi put there political party on the line for a law that was unpopular. The end result will be Nov. 2.

October 14, 2010 at 3:56 p.m.

• This is more to the point!

October 14, 2010 at 2:48 p.m.

• jbj Said "However, your opinion seems to include at least a hint of assuming that those who disagree are less informed or less smart, or just plain crazy.

I believe I stated that I could be wrong.... I believe I have pointed out some of the administration's mistakes, but I never questioned anyone's intellect.... Are you playing the victim card or are you seeing something that I never intended to imply?

October 14, 2010 at 2:21 p.m.

• jbj

I did not use " demonizing" in a historical way.... I concentrated on 22 months ;not condoning or justifying the demonizing efforts.

I don't think you complained when president Bush or the republicans operated on a gut feeling but again it is my personal point of view on how things should have happened....I did not say it was the administrations.

As I continue to say you don't know any more about what the American people wanted than I do... That is just your personal opinion that you are trying to state as a fact..... There are over 305 million people of different races, creeds, opinions, and they are scattered across the 50 states, of that number, 200 million are probably adults with varying opinions... I grant you, sometimes the loudest seem to be the norm.

You can and you will continue to think that the whole country plays the Sean Hannity and Keith Olbermann face-off game.... I don't think people care whether it's left to right in; they want results.

Anyway that's my opinion for what it's worth... I know, not very much to you.

Have good one.

October 14, 2010 at 2:10 p.m.

• I guess my main thought reading your post is that you have your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, your opinion seems to include at least a hint of assuming that those who disagree are less informed or less smart, or just plain crazy.

I try to base my own opinion of where this administration went wrong on what I think a majority of people believe or think. Now I am going to tell it like I see it as an uninformed but worried voter.

Demonizing did not start with the Republicans. Maybe from where you sit it did, but I first noticed it when Bush was in office. It was not even the entire Democratic party, but certain more liberal Democrats. It appeared to me, right or wrong, that it was the Democrats who failed to work with the other side.

The idea that an administration should go with a gut feeling and pass legislation without representing the voters is why we are looking at this 2010 election as having a negative outcome for Democrats. That is what happened with health care, and this was a hugely unpopular bill. This angered those who feel that this government is supposed to be by the people. This is what started a move away from those in office and turned the Republicans into a party of NO, based on feed back from their supporters.

Certainly the symptoms of this recession, especially housing and unemployment, will play a part in this election. But in my opinion, it is perception of a take over of this country by a government that is much more left than most Americans want, and along with it, the perceived limiting of the rights many take for granted, the promise of an increase in taxes, and the demonizing of opponents rather than the promoting of popular ideas that I feel is causing the support to move from the Democrats.

October 14, 2010 at 1:49 p.m.