Comments

• I am going to express some thoughts here and they are not necessarily those of my own, but just some ideas regarding the decisions being made in our government in the past few years.

When Bush was in and he did some things that I didn't agree with, it bothered me not just from a standpoint of not agreeing with him, but because I felt he was not acting in the best interest of the people. This is happening now with Obama. It seems that with so many decisions he has had to make, he has come up with the least popular option with the majority of the people.

I like to see good politicians on each side. I wondered where the Democrats were that I have known all my life and why I was not hearing objections to many of the moves I was seeing from Washington. Yet for the most part, I did not hear much criticism. Until recently, there seemed to be agreement. The more I learned about some of the bills that were being passed and some they planned to pass, I wondered if some of the Democrats were asleep at the wheel.

Now it seems that some are waking up. Maybe the health care bill was not the best thing this administration has done. Maybe there are some things in it that are not in our best interest. Maybe bail outs and so much money to the unions are not the way to go. Maybe there is money not so well spent and maybe those black panthers should have been held to the same standards the rest of the population is held to. Maybe there are some unfair taxes and some unexpected expenses in this plan Washington has for us.

What took so long? For one thing, I honestly think that those in charge actually thought they had the full support of most of the people. And maybe they did for awhile. But right now, it appears that unless some changes are made, there is a slow but sure adjustment to the right by some who had been hanging a little left. The tides are changing and unless someone at the White House wakes up, that boat won't be floating.

So what seems to be spoiled Americans may just be a country waking up to reality. And those in charge and their most staunch supporters are seeing the turning tides as a threat to an ideology they thought was more popular than it is turning out to be.

September 9, 2010 at 6:22 a.m.

• Mikey, Mikey here we go again. Mr. Obama can not live on blaming Bush. He was hired to do a job and he is not doing it. He is following the same path that Bush took with the economy. Bailing out the big banks? that was a mistake for those banks did not turn around and decimated the money like they were supposed to but they sure gave themselves some nice bonuses, shoot over 1000 got a million bonuses for failing? The scary part about this, the other option is the Tea Party. Mr. Paul here in KY has no clue what to do but yet he is leading because he has the endorsement of the Tea Party, scary. Gov Brewer, no clue and refuses to debates and I wonder why, maybe she has no plan. There is no honest politician out there and the ones that are (Ron Paul) have no clue and live in their little bubble world.
    Obama is doing what Bush did in Iraq, we will have a government in Afghanistan that will have the Taliban. Our mission now is to not have a government that is against America. The whole country is a mess, the whole region is a mess. Obama inherited this but he knew when he was running what he was getting into and he needs to stop blaming Bush. Bush did what he thought was right and whether right or wrong, we are there and there might be Iraq or Afghanistan.
    I still believe that those terrorists should have a military trial, Mike, you have to trust our military, WE DONT have an agenda, they will get a fair trail and not put the people of NY through a painful trial. Bringing these terrorists to a civilian court would mean having secret intel that can not be divulged although Wikileak is doing a great job. Anyhow, Republican will make tremendous gains this Nov due to the wrong reasons but as Obama, they will have two years to deliver and to be honest, they are not. Full of hot air. Yes, the Bush tax breaks have to be repeal, they have done nothing but at the same time, we need to be more cognizant on how we spend the money. I will go with the Keynesians for now but giving the money to the banks is not going to work, rather see welfare than corporate welfare that is making the rich richer and the poor, well you know the rest...

September 6, 2010 at 7:08 p.m.

• every body wants to live off the government. Spoiled

September 6, 2010 at 2:55 p.m.

• Ah....yes Mr. Wader now you have gone and done it publishing negative comments on Mike's blog without his permission. You are going will be ridiculed, reviled and rebuked and lucky if you are not deleted. Humble yourself man before it is too late.

Now about your comment, I would like to pile on before Mike returns for not even mentioning the Frank n' Dodd financial reform bill. This is probably the most evil piece of legislation since the Smoot Hawley Tariff . This bill will establish several autonomous, self regulating federal agencies that will answer to no one. They will determine what any financial firm can do, which will survive, which will fail, which will be bailed out and which will be taken over by the agencies.

If I may Mr. Wader offer a prediction. This will usher in a wave of corruption and graft that the world has never seen, greater than even the Russians and Greeks could ever imagine. It will be almost impossible to reverse and it may well prove to be the end of our free enterprise system as we know it - now Mr. Wader I hope you are happy.

September 6, 2010 at 12:39 p.m.

• "but the economy will continue to grow at a slow pace but in late 2011, it might accelerate"

Blah, I wasn't going to commment on your latest waste of space but here goes. Do you read the Wall Street Journal? Do you read what the companies are saying about their profits and that with the forced health insurance, etc., their profits are going to be so much less than before that they may not be able to operate?

Obama is killing businesses, which kills employement, which kills the economy.

America is spoiled?

I'd say that those on welfare who do nothing but sit on their butts and collect checks are the ones that are spoiled.

The rest of us work for a living to spoil ourselves.

I'll never understand the thinking of liberals; you make good money, you need to share that money with those who do not.

September 6, 2010 at 8:55 a.m.

• Sorry for the back-to-back post. The no pillow or bed comment was in reference to world wide.

September 6, 2010 at 6:59 a.m.

• The tendency to want more and more stuff has been around since the beginning of human existence. I have to admit, we are spoiled here. Many many people have no bed or pillow.

I think an answer that help our economic problem is going local. Yes, the internet is available to find the cheapest prices if you like anonymous interactions when you spend hard earned money. The Prius problem is different. I say "local when appropriate." Sometimes you cannot find it local, so going outside is necessary. But I think if people would spent a little money here rather than elsewhere, it would change out local landscape.

September 6, 2010 at 6:58 a.m.

• “Lately, I’ve been thinking a lot about the mood of the country but this morning's column by the liberal columnist of the Washington Post, Eugene Robinson, put all the pieces together for me. Of course, I'm not talking about you and me because it's all about the other guy. If you are a conservative, then it's" I'm doing everything right but the liberals want to take it all away from me and give it to the lazy, worthless, out of work people." If you're a liberal, it's about squeezing that last dime out of the top 2%. Somewhere in the middle, no one is listening to the working middle class but they're not without fault or responsibility because the direction of the country will be in their hands, so they need to stay informed and not allow special interest and big money to take over.”

Eugene Robinson is an elitist/socialist/leftwing nut job, although he maybe a Pulitzer prize winner. He is not the guy that waltzes into the bowling alley on John Stockbauer and steps inside the bar to have a beer with you or anyone else for as that goes. He is the individual that will walk into a bar on Wall Street with a book or newspaper under his arm seat at a table and have a warm glass of brandy. He does not know the mood of this country, but only by what he reads, not from what he has learned from the other guy. He believes that Obama should have cleaned up 30 years of Ragannomics, he hates the right and any form of conservative context. If you believe Mr. Eugene Robinson has put all the pieces together for you, may the force of the covenant you two have formed be with you.

September 5, 2010 at 11:44 a.m.

• Well yeah, pass the civil servant examine, join the union, and it is almost impossible to get fired.

September 4, 2010 at 4:43 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

September 4, 2010 at 4:39 p.m.

• If anyone is "spoiled" it is the card carrying members of the public unions. The workers in the private sector have become their de facto slaves. They are paying more and more and getting less and less - a day of reckoning cannot be far off.

September 4, 2010 at 4:16 p.m.

• Immediate gratification?

That seems to be the cause of congressional gridlock AND voter dissatisfaction.

September 4, 2010 at 3:03 p.m.

• Mike,

You didn't misunderstand my post, I just didn't write it to cover all aspects. There is no way that I can cover everyone.
    My point is that until more jobs are created, either by public or private sector, then unemployment benefits, Welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, lunch programs at schools, cannot change.
    Some people on here think that it is a choice to be lazy and have their hands out. In today's economy, IT IS NOT FOR THE MOST PART!
    For those who will not take a job when one is available, then those should be removed from the "lists". With all of the jobs available to immigrants, those jobs can be made available to those who are on public aid in exchange for their various forms of public aid checks. Think of it as a form of community service. That will make the hirers a little more honest. When they are no longer able to pay under the table to hide from paying taxes, it will help all of us.
    Until things get better over here, our country needs to take care of it's own citizens first. I know you and I don't agree on this matter, so lets just leave it at that.

September 4, 2010 at 2:37 p.m.

• Mike, I am spoiled and I agree with thewaywardwind. Only I will never get social security because I get teacher retirement.

You and I probably disagree because I think about 18% of those in America like the progressive movement, and about 12% go along with it because they don't know much about it. You think about the same numbers are true for the Tea Party/Republican. The thing is, both of us are probably not sure how those in the middle feel, and this may be a surprise to either or both of us.

I think there is a chance that if Republicans get in things will get better. Then is 2012, either Republicans will win or the group in the middle will think Obama is right after all and swing it his way. If we have a gridlock, who knows what will happen?

I am putting my marbles in the Nov. elections right now because I do oppose the movement toward the left, not because I myself want lower taxes, but because I feel our country is heading in a direction that will bring debt and loss of rights. If we can't stop it now, either I am wrong, or we will be in a place most of us will not want to be. Right now, the first step is the Nov. elections.

September 4, 2010 at 1:57 p.m.

• Yeah, I'm spoiled. Living as an American citizen is the best there is and best there ever has been and that will certainly spoil a person. As a nation, we've worked hard for more than two centuries to make the American way of life the envy of the world. I'm not so confident about the future because of governmental policies and governmental neglect. But, pardner, until I see the dukes and earls in Congress and the crown princes in the White House begin to change their life styles of the rich and famous, and begin to live more like the people they govern, I'm not planning to make any changes in my rather modest style of living.

Congress critters work(?) Tuesday through Thursday and travel home on Friday and back on Monday. To my way of thinking, they don't earn the very nice salaries and perks our taxes provide them. When those in power in government begin to sacrifice, THEN I'll do the same. I'll let them lead by example. Let them live under the laws they pass. Let them have a Social Security retirement rather than the plan they have now. Let them live with Obama Care for their health care needs rather than what they have now. I guess mike would accuse me of throwing a temper tantrum, and maybe he's right. All I know is that I'm mad and the government is who I'm mad AT.

In three-and-a-half years I plan to retire and I hope to collect every dime of Social Security benefits that I've earned (and paid for) by my tax contributions since 1968. Should I live long enough to collect more than I paid in, I'll consider those payments interest. Yeah, I'm spoiled and I like it.

September 4, 2010 at 1:17 p.m.

• jbj
    You need to put things in perspective...IMO

In the last general election about 150 million people voted but in an off year election, about half of that amount. Your putting all your marbles on the upcoming November election. There is a high likelihood that the GOP will take over but it is highly unlikely they will make any inroads because of gridlock, pay back, and parliamentary gimmicks, that will allow the democrats to regain control in 2012.... The 2012 election will actually be about the issues because the democrats that will not show up in November will come out in droves come 2012. A presidential election brings out the vote.... I believe there are more democrats than they are republicans but neither party can win without the independents.

Bottom line, democrats cannot turn around that high unemployment number by November(they lose) but the economy will continue to grow at a slow pace but in late 2011, it might accelerate.

Right now prominent republican leaders are talking about issuing many subpoenas, shutting down the government if necessary, repealing all reforms, and defunding Health Care Reform... We will see how popular that is.... The country is not where the 18% Tea Party is.

September 4, 2010 at 12:53 p.m.

• born2Bme

This is a point where we disagree somewhat.

The companies already contribute to employees unemployment benefits whether they ship their jobs overseas or not... I believe we should take back some of the tax incentives the companies received and still shipped their jobs overseas.

Many people that were laid off, had high paying jobs, a mortgage, were paying off an automobile loan,and they were trying to put their children to college. If they take the menial job at a little above minimum wage, they would lose their house, their car, and their children would have to drop out of college. That's why many are relocating and waiting for a job that will not take them too far away from their past lifestyle. An engineer does not want and load and unload furniture but he might be able to take a entry job into another professional field. I think looking at it from a it "beggars can't be choosy" point of view, does not give you the broader picture. Where will the next college graduates go ? McDonalds or Joe's construction?

Maybe I misinterpreted your post.

What we need is a lot of infrastructure jobs to repair bridges but the right looks down on any kind of government projects. We need some more grants to innovators so they can come up with the new green jobs but the votes aren't there.

September 4, 2010 at 12:39 p.m.

• Mike, if the Republican party and the tea party do not work together neither will survive.

I don't think the Democrats are examples of how to compromise, and this is a huge part of the gridlock we are seeing now. Maybe when they do not have a block they will work better and make the system work.

I am not forgetting there are non believers within our population. However, I did not pull those words out of the air. We should be protected by our Constitution and the idea that we are endowed by our Creator ... does not mean that non believers cannot believe what they want. They are also protected by the same amendment. We have a right to believe our Creator gives us the rights and they have a right to believe other than that. I think that the majority still believes this. Until it is changed, this is what we live by.

I did not get the comments on racism from this article. I got it from outside of it and used it as an example of part of the problem facing Democrats. I know most of them are not saying it but their wingers will do the same damage as wingers in the other extreme who misuse terms and use non facts.

If anyone has said, "its my way or no way" it is the Democrats. And actually they have said, "its my way or my way, period." and that may be their biggest error. Left wing moves that have been highly unpopular are health care and the up and coming cap and trade, card check, and the tax increases that will come with the expiration of the Bush tax cuts. If the Democrats want to spend more, they need to spend wiser. The stimulus was not something that helped them, and health care even more unpopular.

Hey this is just what I see, I may be wrong. Let's see what the voters say.

September 4, 2010 at 12:18 p.m.

• For all of you who want to wean people off of aid programs, that is not the first step. The first step is to get the jobs back to America and the second step is to "make" Americans do the jobs that are now going to immigrants, or lose their benefits.
    There are 6 unemployed for every vacant job out there. Those people will need a way to support themselves before a change in entitlement policy is even possible.
    That issue goes back to companies that moved their operations overseas. They shouldn't be allowed to sell their products over here if they cannot help support the American worker, or they should have to contribute to the maintenance of the unemployed that they created. They should not be able to have it both ways.

September 4, 2010 at 11:54 a.m.

• itisi

"I didn’t place a label on you, you done that all by yourself."

I know how you think that saying you are conservative gives you some kind of instant superiority and credibility but I will never back down from my left wing roots and and I I'm not ashamed of my beliefs. It's all in your previous comments since day 1.

Have a good safe Labor Day weekend

September 4, 2010 at 11:52 a.m.

• I didn’t place a label on you, you done that all by yourself. Maybe you just didn’t read the second sentence.

My recollection of 9/11 is warped? I don’t think so; this President has taken these issues in a very unpopular direction. You maybe all for civilian courts, I happen to disagree. I really don’t know what difference makes at this point in time anyway. The President and Eric Holder are too damn busy suing the state of AZ, and a Sheriff for doing there jobs, which is protecting their citizens.

Have a safe Labor Day weekend

September 4, 2010 at 11:30 a.m.

• jbj

I don't know what I have to do to pound this message... But you keep misinterpreting my message.

It's not about the majority or the minority opinion. It's that just that you cannot possibly talk for a population as large as ours that is spread across 50 states. You keep saying the American people think this or that.No,it's what you think this or that.
    If all those tea party candidates win; the GOP will have a civil war within the party. Senator DeMint will be the de facto leader of the tea party caucus. As you should know, it only takes one vote to block legislation in the senate. i.e. Rand Paul and Joe Miller could block every piece of legislation they deem unconstitutional. They are libertarians; they think everything is unconstitutional. It's gonna be quite a show but they will have a six year term. In the meantime Congress will be in gridlock; nothing will get done and in 2012 the voters will vote the democrats back in. You seem to forget that the democrats can become the party of NO and president Obama has that veto power, which will take 66 2/3 to override....Message: it's better to have legislators that know how the system works and know how to compromise.

You said "We are spoiled. We have been told that we have rights given to us by our creator, and that the government gets its power from the people."... Are you forgetting that this country is also for Agnostics, Atheist,Jews and Muslims?

Eugene Robinson is not the leader of the left; he is a paid columnist to give his opinion. I won't dignify your take on race and president Obama. Talk about out of touch.

No one ever said that Americans were stupid nor did they do not have a reason to be angry but if they want to turn out incumbents that will compromise for right wing ideologues that will not; then that is what I call temper tantrum spoil brats. " It's my way or no way at all."

You keep talking about left wing policies that have been passed...Are You talking about the minimum wage, the equal pay for equal work, extending unemployment benefits? I'm proud of those bills.

September 4, 2010 at 11:27 a.m.

• Amen Holly1

I have often said that insurance companies will go broke because they can't do anything about our lifestyle and the amount of our sugar intake,just to name one. You get a kudos for realizing where the problem starts.

I am in the opinion that 80% of us will be self reliant for the most part but a prosperous country like ours should be able to afford to lend a helping hand to the 15% of the 20% who will always be poor for one reason or the other. I don't believe in that broad brush but more on a case- by -case.

I don't join you in thinking that we don't need public jobs.

I think all of us have been in that 40% at one time or another but I considered myself lucky to have been in that position... It beats the alternative.... I just don't think we should look down on others just because they were forced into a low paying and menial jobs or god forbid public assistance.

I saw the Beck rally as just another tent revival with little meaning. It gave a platform for Glenn Beck , nothing else. You got to choose a better leader if you gonna send a message.

September 4, 2010 at 10:54 a.m.

• born2Bme

That's a very good point you made because if we keep doing what we used to do and expect better results, we will be in another bubble.... After the financial crisis, consumers started saving more, paying off their credit cards, and it shows up in a lack of retail sales. People have advocated buying local but that work both ways, the locals in must be able to compete in their prices and customer service.i.e..... I had to buy my Toyota Prius in Corpus Christi because it really wasn't about price; it was about availability. I didn't want to wait six months.

I will take your statement about the local economy and double it on this country.... The world is not waiting for us to make the first move in alternative fuels.

September 4, 2010 at 10:30 a.m.

• jhnsn283

I agree with you.

I will be put to the test if the bipartisan commission on reducing the deficit comes out with a recommendation of making cuts to Social Security and Medicare...

September 4, 2010 at 10:19 a.m.

• itisi

I don't represent the liberal, progressive, or democratic philosophy... I just represent Mike, you can interpret my words as you wish with a label of choice. Let's go on to what I meant.
    I have never said being rich is evil but I have emphasized many times that they will do well without help from us. That top 10 richest legislators list is irrelevant... I believe every democratic lawmaker on that list will vote against extending the tax cuts to the top 2%. It's how they vote; not their bank account.

Your recollection of history and 9/11 is pretty warped..... I believe 72% of the country approved of the initial attack on Afghanistan.... You can't get a 72% approval without liberals progressives and democrats being part of the mix. President Bush had the backing of the whole country until he made that detour to Iraq... Then he lost the majority of the country and our Allies.... I don't believe wars are about ideology or political parties(per say) because I'd be willing to bet that there are many democrats, progressive, and liberals who have died for the defense of our country..... I have a lot of confidence in our justice system; that's why I am not scared of trying terrorist in the Federal Court system. If that's unpatriotic to you; so be it.

If blaming the previous administration, is a sign of weakness, then we've had a slew of weak presidents. I can remember Reagan blaming Carter for many years and Bush blaming Clinton just for a start. They all do that.

I have no idea what you meant by "The game of baseball, sacrifice, there is no physics to backup a risk that it will work, not even 50% of the time."

Pulitzer prize winner, Eugene Robinson, did not reach you with his message; nor was he expected to.... His message, don't turn out good senators like Bob Bennett for amateurs just because you're angry. How do I know this? I heard him explain his article on the Friday morning "Morning Joe."

September 4, 2010 at 10:14 a.m.

• I have thought about this some more and would like to add my feelings about someone who would call this current attitude of the American people a temper tantrum staged by spoiled Americans.

This article is a very out of touch reaction to a move by American people to stop what they feel is a governing too far to the left after a campaign that suggested a clean up of government, an improvement of the economy, and a change we could believe in. Now some of the left are calling people who are unhappy "racists". That is not only wrong, they know it is wrong. After this country elected a black President and he started out with a very high approval number, we have shown that this is not about skin color. And it is not because Americans are spoiled. If it is about a temper tantrum, it is being staged by the left who thought they had been successful in spreading their ideology and have now found that it may very well be voted down.

Americans are not stupid. They are reacting to the broken promises of this Presidency. Transparency, no raising of taxes on the middle class, health care that will help those who need it without changing coverage for those who like theirs, but mostly they are reacting to the spending, the debt, the attitude that if the Democrats think it is good for us, we are going to get it even if we don't like it. That last part probably was the final straw and it probably will hurt the Democratic party for years to come unless they turn around.

September 4, 2010 at 8:51 a.m.

• It's also pretty funny that the first to show up for a hand-out or complain the loudest of unfair treatment or rush to call a lawyer to sue someone also comes from that 30% group that has never, nor will ever pay a single penny in taxes except for sales taxes on things like smokes, beer, wine , soda pop, fast food every night and lottery tickets all of which came from the same Taxpayers that foot the bill. IMO America will never return to greatness with out a major shift away from the path of ruin we are heading down already. The Govt at all levels need to slowly and painfully wean this country off the dependency on govt checks and force a return to the self-supporting, independent way of life we knew before welfare and entitlements became the huge monster it is today.

September 4, 2010 at 4:32 a.m.

• Yes Mike WE are all SPOILED.

Our modern comfortable lifestyle and pampered exsistence has Turned us all into fast food junkies. We are for the most part a country full of overweight slobs. If my memory serves me correctly, almost 60% of ALL americans are at least a little on the chubby side, with an alarming figure of 30% being extremely overweight. That fact alone will cost us billions in health care costs sooner than later.

A strange thing is also happening at about the same levels as above. This is roughly the same 60% of the population now either work for the government, collect retirement in some form from the govt or are in the ranks of the 30% of the population who are now and forever dependant on public assistance money.

The worst part of the deal is not only are we spoiled, we have also become soft, lazy, weaklings unwilling to do a full days work for our money. We call in sick over every minor sniffle and then run to the ER for a bottle of pills. The ER is THE MOST EXPENSIVE way to see medical help, that for the most part could have waited another day to allow cheaper ways to be available.

Now Mike please dont jump all over my case here but I also have to mention the rest of us 40% of the population. We are the ones who bear the burden of PAYING the bill for the 60% listed above. We are the ones who are either under-insured or just plain un-insured that never seek medical services because of the high costs. We are known as the TAXPAYER.

Ah yes the Taxpayer, A miss-understood , over taxed and under payed bunch of people who support this bloated welfare state we have become. Of which a large number just finished having a little get- together with a man called BECK in D.C. To exersize Their right to assemble PEACEFULLY to speak their minds with the hope those in power would listen.

IF THEY DONT START HEARING soon come november their will be a lot of them from both parties who will be looking for a new job.

September 4, 2010 at 3:55 a.m.

• The malls are not as full as they used to be because of internet shopping. You can save gas, taxes, and get exactly what you want within a few days, and you can find all the good deals without leaving your home.
    I know, it's bad for the local economy, but it's a trend that is not going away any time soon. Local businesses are going to have to find a way to get in on this trend or they are going to lose, bigtime.

September 4, 2010 at 12:02 a.m.

• Reading your post, Mike, you make it sound like people are pretty desperate to vote for some of the Republicans you mention. Maybe that is the case. They are that unhappy with those in power and want to change it the only way they can. Anything, in their mind, is better than what is happening now.

Several times you have countered that my comments do not represent the feelings of a majority, and maybe they don't. If not, then the Democrats will keep their majorities in Nov. But from where I sit, it appears that many citizens are unhappy with health care, not just the legislation but the way it was done. They do not agree that a tax that makes energy bills skyrocket will get us using alternative fuels any sooner. They do not want legislation passed that was not read and they don't want people in Congress who do not represent their wishes. They think there is too much spending and too much debt. But maybe I am wrong. Maybe the majority do not feel that way.

G. W. Bush would not have remained popular if he had passed legislation that made energy bills go up. Remember when he father said, "read my lips..." and then did not keep his promise?

We are spoiled. We have been told that we have rights given to us by our creator, and that the government gets its power from the people. Many of us feel that someone in Washington has forgotten that.

From where I sit, consumers I know are holding onto their money if they have any, because of the economy. It is not psychological that the phone does not ring as much in businesses, the mall is getting emptier even in Victoria where the economy is not as bad as other areas, and more people are either out of work or working fewer hours.

I may be seeing a different crowd than is a true representation of the population. But from what I see, if more people had paid attention to more than just what is on the news, we would have had more people moving away from the Democrats long ago.

September 3, 2010 at 10:09 p.m.

• Mike,

I have to give you credit where it is due. You most certainly have an elegant way of writing the liberal philosophy. “Big Money”, the top ten wealthiest in congress, seven of those is Democrats. Which I’m sure you already knew that, I just wanted to make sure to let you know the Republicans aren’t the only ones with big money.

9/11, never before has an enemy attacked the continental Untied States right dead in the heart of the financial nerve center of this great country. How soon do we forget? The liberals would have rather G. W. Bush done nothing. I for one think not, it is never easy for a President to send our soldiers to war. We could not as a country set idly by and do nothing. FDR had to prove himself in WWII with the Dolittle raid on Japan after Pearl Harbor. This administration has failed to do that, one reason, the President has no back bone, the evidence is proof positive from the liberal stance that has been taken on the terrorist trials, and all the way to the our borders. By laying blame on the republicans, and continuing that blame, which is sign of weakness in leadership, great leaders lead, they don’t blame others.

Mr. Robinson, must be the other guy, he has no concept of the big picture. The public is a lot smarter and more educated then days gone by or the “past”, he’s completely out of touch, because it was certainly a self conceived opinion, no facts to back up the tantrum as he claims.

Good blog from a liberal stand point.

September 3, 2010 at 9:47 p.m.

• I think we ALL are in some way or another...I'll be the first to admit in many ways, I am VERY spoiled! It's really all in how you define spoiled, but in general, Americans are as spoiled as they come. NO other country compares to our spoiled ways! That's my opinion!

September 3, 2010 at 9:09 p.m.