Comments

• Yes I am ...funny indeed,Fox is great at getting people to Ffight and Newt is fring back at Chris Wallace...lol

August 11, 2011 at 8:31 p.m.

• Mike-
    Are you watching the debate? This is great!

I think they may actually be attacking Obama less that they are attacking each other.

Can't wait for the GOP Convention.

August 11, 2011 at 8:27 p.m.

• Get out of the sun; it's making you delirious...:-)

August 11, 2011 at 2:38 p.m.

• Rick Perry will be President unless Ron Paul is elected. Right?

August 11, 2011 at 2:33 p.m.

• What duh?

August 11, 2011 at 2:06 p.m.

• Is that before John Kerry said I said that before I said that????????

August 11, 2011 at 2:05 p.m.

• Writein

I know you hate liberals but I will use the pundits name because she deserves the credit for the idea..... Rachel Maddow came up with a good idea last night.

She said that at the time of the stimulus, several hundred republicans requested some of that money for their districts... I've already reported that over 120 republican representatives posed for pictures at the site of the economic stimulus projects; that they voted against.... Anyway, there are still several hundred requests that have not been filled. She suggested that president Obama aknowledge those requests because they have the cost amount and an estimate of how many jobs they would create. I think Michelle Bachmann and Jeff Sessions have some that would cost millions of dollars but they said he would create thousands of private sector jobs. Would they tell their unemployed constituents that we couldn't afford it? The president could do this at all the republican districts. They could call it the GOP job initiative plan, it doesn't matter but if it doesn't produce results, then it was based on their projections.

August 11, 2011 at 2:03 p.m.

• Poor Mitt Romney. It seems he lobbied S&P for Massachusetts by promising them that he would have a balance approach(tax increases) in reducing that state's debt. Tonight, he will tell us how dumb that is..lol...."It's what I say, not what I did."

Watch the GOP presidential debates on Fox tonight 8:00PM
    Count how many times you hear middle class;I bet they mention Ronald Reagan a lot more..lol

August 11, 2011 at 1:44 p.m.

• That's your opinion; not a substantiated fact.

Have a good one

August 11, 2011 at 1:38 p.m.

• As I said, whistling past the graveyard. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. You will be walking, ad infinitum.

August 11, 2011 at 12:09 p.m.

• Writein

I will answer your question from my previous blog on this blog because is much easier to navigate.

You said"The reason why they kept blocking Elizabeth Warren is because they are scared of her. They can’t handle her."... Quite the contrary, they defeated her, but I understand what you mean. They did come after her, and it did make the news.

You also said"However, President Obama and every Democrat on now on should reach inside for that inner LBJ and apply some “treatments” on Michelle Bachhman, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, WOAI, etc."

The inside circle of the Obama Administration will tell you that he's not a " in your face" he's more of a mediator. You can't make a person into something he is not.

I don't place any importance on Bachmann,Beck,Hannity or an AM radio station from Texas. LBJ was a tough cookie, but he had the majority of the house and senate, so he could take away committee chairmanships, promise pork, or promise not to campaign for a congressman. LBJ was a long time legislator who had a lot of favors he could call in... That's the reason John Boehner couldn't corral the tea party. The republicans made a pledge against pork. The tea party doesn't care about future committees, and their pledge to Grover Northquist meant more to them than anything Boehner said.... I agree the democrats need to get a spine, but their concessions worked for them for NOW...According to a Gallup poll the dems have a 47% approval in the debt talks,47%disapproval,the GOP has a 33% approval and a 59% DISAPPROVAL.

This national discussion is about the role of government... You will see every right-wing Republican continue to talk about the debt. That's because the less money the government has, the less they can spend on the safety net and entitlement programs. The other side is just playing defense.... They need to go on the offense. Yesterday, I heard that the White House may look at a plan that Chris Matthews brought out, but again, president Obama does not like in your face Chris suggested that they do like they used to do in the old days. You remember the bridge collapse in Minnesota don't you? What if,Obama suggested using the job infrastructure bank to repair some bridges in Minnesota. Do you think, presidential candidates Michelle Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty would disapprove? How about a high-speed rail in Virginia? That's what I like to discuss, not the same old " and you're another one" arguments.

August 10, 2011 at 9:35 a.m.

• Mike.

You know what my solution is, but this time I won't bother you by repeating it. LOL

August 9, 2011 at 10:37 p.m.

• Mike,

I totally agree with newcowboy, it’s time to get to work…

Like you, I had to a take blood pressure pill as the market was headed to the pits of he$$ one more time.

At some point the President has to take some responsibility. When he walked up to the camera yesterday, all he needed to say. “I apologize to the American people, my policies have not worked, and it’s time to get to work on something that will work.” But as you and I watched, he went on to criticize everyone else; he failed to take any blame for his polices or even his lack of leadership in any capacity. As the leader of the greatest country in the world as he stood before those cameras he did not display leadership or integrity, dignity, and pride, he only showed a displaced attitude of angry. I have never been as disappointed in one of our leaders as I am with this man. Mike this is not a partisan issue, he has to put quality in his leadership, you cannot stand before the American people and continue to blame others they will lose absolute total confidence in you. If he can’t even get this half right, it is truly time for him to resign. Mike be careful times are about to get real hard, civil unrest may be on the horizon.

P.S.

I hope yesterday didn’t hurt you to bad… I dumped everything before 10:00 am…
    Good luck
    Victore

August 9, 2011 at 3:57 p.m.

• Social Security is in pretty good shape. Its long-term finances could be improved even more with some minor tweaks that most folks probably wouldn't even notice, but there's no crisis, the system isn't going bankrupt, and if policymakers decided not to do anything for a while, that'd be fine, too. The more the White House reminds folks about this, the better.

August 9, 2011 at 3:48 p.m.

• I firmly believe that Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid will be around for many generations to come, because Social Security can be made solvent with just a few fixes. It all depends on what route to take, but we should have been increasing taxes to pay for those programs all along.

Ponzi scheme is just a talking point use by the right that wants to eliminate or privatize the programs.

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to separate investors, not from any actual profit earned by the organization, but from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors.

It's certainly not an investment operation because the previous generations received more than they paid in... I certainly didn't mind my company taking out 1.45% for Medicare and 6.2% for Social Security, to ensure that the elderly were taken care of.
    The congressional Budget Office and many, many top economists don't think that the entitlements will bankrupt the country, if we work on the reforming the system. Doing nothing will bankrupt the country.

August 9, 2011 at 3:21 p.m.

• Does anyone capable of rational thought think that anyone 45 years of age will even HAVE Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid 20 years from now? These Ponzi schemes will either be radically restructured or, in 20 years, they will have bankrupted the country. To argue that tinkering around the edges can fix the problem falls in the same category as wishful thinking and whistling past the graveyard.

August 9, 2011 at 2:54 p.m.

• Newcowboyintown

You summed up in one post, what took me 3 hours to write.

It's time to get beyond the political rhetoric because everyone should know where the political line in the sand is.... There are still some rare bipartisan legislation like the new trade bills and some revenue neutral ones that can be passed.

It's time to say that if you don't want to be part of the solution; don't get in the way.

It's highly unlikely that we will see the results of any jobs program in the short term future but if we can get a trend going in the right direction; it will snowball.

August 9, 2011 at 11:22 a.m.

• Well said - time to roll up the sleeves and go forward. I have just about tuned out the media because I am just plan tired of hearing what the other guy isn't doing or that it is all the other guys fault.

Let me know Mike if something important is ever said - I might want to go to the archives and listen.

I do agree with removing the point where you stop paying into SS - and I plan to work well past 62 or even 65. I also agree that there needs to be tax reform - but first someone has to really state what the truth is. Some say the top elite pay all the taxes, some say the middle class carries the burden, some say the lower class pays a disproportionate amount - just depends on what point and what line you are trying to support. I know what I pay - and that is the only real fact I can attest to.

As soon as the politicians start telling the truth and stop blaming someone else - let me know - until then - nothing important will happen.

August 9, 2011 at 11:06 a.m.