Comments

• Thanks Beakus

While the article did mention the 1,200 miles of wiring that went into the old Astrodome scoreboard; I can't remember if it listed the amount of concrete used for all the infrastructure.

As many times as I have traveled to , Houston, I can't remember a time when I didn't see road construction but that's a sign of progress or some might call it " milking a project."

August 30, 2011 at 11:20 a.m.

• Nice post Mike. Lots of good facts. I've recently wondered how many yards of concrete have been poured into the freeways/feeder roads/etc in the Houston area roadways? Or how many miles of the same? The mind can be a terrible thing.

August 30, 2011 at 11:11 a.m.

• ausari23
    Thanks for sharing.. A picture with the mayor of the nation’s 4th largest city is something to remember. Glad you had a great time, despite the heat.

August 30, 2011 at 10:09 a.m.

• I went to the celebration at Market Square Park in Houston on Sunday. It was a nice , but I guess the weather curved more people from attending.The food, music and people were great. I was able to meet the mayor and take pictures with her. She seemed so real and down to earth.
    The mayor said she would do something different by not just having a one celebration but having events for it during the whole year.
    Everyone was given signs to that read " My Houston is Here" and were told to visit the places that makes Houston so great and take pictures and submit to the website to be posted.

August 30, 2011 at 10:02 a.m.

• Thanks for the "thumbs up"Getsmart.

August 30, 2011 at 9:36 a.m.

• vet43
    You forgot the Houston Astros first World Series appearance in 2005.
    World champion Houston Rockets 1994-1995...:-0

A lot of memories; good and bad.

Remember highway 90---Victoria to Sugar Land, Gulf freeway exit Louisiana to downtown. My, have things changed.

August 29, 2011 at 3:43 p.m.

• "Houston, the Eagle has landed."

"Luv ya blue"

"Nolan Ryan"

Ah, good times!!!!!!!!!

August 29, 2011 at 3:25 p.m.

• Thanks Sugar
    All the credit goes to yesterday's Houston Chronicle,the paper put together a nice insert to commemorate Houston's 175th birthday...I'm not ashamed to admit that as I was reading all the facts ,I had to stop and pause and say to myself "I didn't know that."

Have a great one

August 29, 2011 at 11:58 a.m.

• 26. Once it has your heart, this city will never let go.

Thanx for a great post, Mike. Enjoyed it.

August 29, 2011 at 11:51 a.m.