Comments

• lol...It's a little bit funnier the second time around.

December 1, 2011 at 4:12 p.m.

• Tell me - do you have trouble telling the difference between Saturday Night Live and the debates?...... :-)

December 1, 2011 at 4:05 p.m.

• I've thought of that, and it reminded me of that old FedEx commercial, where one of the employees would look around and say " what's all this costing us."

And I've heard that this will be the most expensive election ever,more than a billion dollars. How nice it would be if just half of that money would make it to the Salvation Army or United Way.
    I will watch every one of the debates just to say " and that's not true either" or just laugh at the remarks.

December 1, 2011 at 3:59 p.m.

• Wonder how much all the worthless debates the Republicans have had cost - could have made a dent in the debt. Sorry to say I stopped watching - couldn't stand watching so called grown men and women make fools of themselves.

To get out of debt, I have to reduce spending and increase income - just wish Washington could get it.

December 1, 2011 at 3:52 p.m.

• This is another good example of a congresswoman, Michelle Bachmann, who sits on the House Intelligence Committee, saying something stupid when she said, " gay people do have the right to get married -- so long as they're planning on tying the knot with a member of the opposite." Her VP picks Rick Santorum, Jim DeMint or possibly Donald Trump.I can see why she left out Rick Perry because he thinks the election will be on November 12,2012 (it's Nov.6,2012) thinks you have to be 21 years to vote (it's 18 Rick) and that New Hampshire has a caucus...Iowa has a caucus, New Hampshire Hampshire has a primary.

December 1, 2011 at 3:38 p.m.

• Vet43

Good points... I can't see a Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Governor Mitch Daniels or other respected republicans (and I agree there are many) that will deny science, want to strip down the government down to the size of a Radio Shack outlet or not being willing to compromise. It's too bad they would not be able to win a primary because a contested race on the issues would benefit our country and restore trust in our government.

It's simple man, we will have to cut spending , and the cuts cannot be divided equally between the rich,poor, and middle class because that's how we got into this income inequality in the first place.

December 1, 2011 at 3:19 p.m.

• Newcowboy,

I agree with you and Mike on your comments. Regarding the issue of respected Republicans, ( and the are many) I think they are stepping back because of the pressure by fringe groups that are asking for things that can not work in this day and time.

Regarding those of great wealth, say $10,000,000 plus, if thier net income was cut by 50% could they "squeak" by on what is left to play with? Now let's look at the individule with a $50,000 income. How would the same % effect them?

I suspect most people only need so much bread (the eating kind).

December 1, 2011 at 2:59 p.m.

• Newcowintown

No argument there and you reminded me of when I was a young whippersnapper, who thought I had all the answers until I talked to that old veteran.

Your example also reminded me of a recorded movie I watched this weekend. It was in the roaring twenties called "Billy Bathgate" where Dutch Schultz told his fellow gangster " I don't care how much the IRS taxes me" as he threw some money at him,"I'll pay whatever they want,I just don't want them to tie me up in court or send me to jail." He knew there's more money to be had out there.

December 1, 2011 at 2:57 p.m.

• Mike, we have discussed various topics before and we don't agree on some, but we always agree to disagree.

Today - I so agree with you - I cannot believe that some respected Republican hasn't come to the front - frankly I am not impressed with any of the current candidates.

I do want to share something I heard today from a business man I respect. In our conversation we were discussing all the back and forth over tax cuts and increases and he really brought it home for me. He was saying that if Washington did increase taxes on the ultra rich - why do all the Republicans think that they will just stop making money. His example was even if making $1,000,000 meant paying $100,000 extra in taxes above what he is paying now - he would sure go after the $900,000! It isn't about what is good for America anymore - it is all about something I don't even understand.

December 1, 2011 at 2:37 p.m.