Comments

• PILOT; "The WIND IN THE EVERGREENS" got my blood pumping. The U.S. Forest Service required us summer crews to take hour lunch breaks so we'd be rested in case we were dispatched to a fire which might last for days. Many of our lunch periods were spent lying in the shade of orange barked Ponderosa Pines enjoying the gentle updrafts on an Idaho mountainside. The usually clear skies were at times violated by smoke from major fires down south of us. Some were as far away as Mexico. BUMMER no matter where they were.

July 7, 2011 at 10:44 p.m.

• Goading is a great word

July 6, 2011 at 7:23 p.m.

• itisi - what on Earth do politics have to do with this blog?

July 6, 2011 at 5:45 p.m.

• Mike I'm a little PO! Why would your president ask for a stay of don't kill.... We have an express lane here, what in the heck is the problem???

July 6, 2011 at 5:18 p.m.

• Thank you for reading arlewill.

A mile from the road is the wilderness, according to my wife... To her,anything that's more than six blocks from a convenience store is the wilderness ..:-)

July 6, 2011 at 9:33 a.m.

• Mike
    I enjoy the quiet also and turn the radio off when I get in the car. We moved away from the noise and live about a mile from the highway and railroad. I can only hear traffic when the wind is in the north and not blowing very hard.
    I found that I am not a hermit because after a few days of quiet, I get lonely for the sound of my wife and son, even when they are shouting and argueing.
    Good blog and I enjoyed.

July 6, 2011 at 6:30 a.m.

• My coworkers used to say that music relaxed them but why were they so tense?

When I drive through big cities like Houston and Dallas, I usually turn off the radio, so I can concentrate on the traffic around me but my children say their music relaxes them in heavy traffic....I guess it boils down to,whatever gets you through.

I love Pandora.

July 5, 2011 at 11:10 a.m.

• Very nice. When I was a teen I always had music playing, but now I enjoy the silence. I think it's because I'm not scared to be alone with my thoughts...

Now, playing Black Eyed Peas while doing very boring housework helps me get into a groove... In fact, I should probably sign in to Pandora. =P

July 5, 2011 at 10:52 a.m.