Comments

• Politics aside, initial jobless claims was 429,000, this week, an increase of 9,000 from the previous week of 420,000. But continue.

June 26, 2011 at 7:43 p.m.

• For those that don't how a "delaying tactic" like adding 100 amendments works; I will try to explain it:

The July 4th recess is upon us and in this case the senate has a lot of bills they would like to see debated before they go for an up or down vote.

The senate has a limited time(normally) to hold hearings, debate issues, and conduct votes.

A single senator or a minority party can block full consideration of a bill or have the right for every amendment to be heard or stricken.... So unless you have a monolithic party, the majority doesn't necessarily get to pass legislation.

I think it is a mistake that some schools no longer require civics to be taught.

June 25, 2011 at 12:56 p.m.

• It's about parliamentary procedure;LIKE 60 votes, which the senate democrats(51 dems) do not have, and it still has to go back to the House of Representatives where it would not likely pass without massive cuts attached to it.

That was a rhetorical question because I think everyone knows the politics of agreeing.

Blame everything on the Dems and Obama but the country knows better.

June 25, 2011 at 12:32 p.m.

• The jobs are awaiting Senate passage of bills passed by the House. And who controls the Senate?

June 25, 2011 at 12:17 p.m.

• lol..vet43, the media reports bad news no matter who's in office.We know that.
    The selective memory crowd forgets unemployment was at:
    6.8% ..Oct 2008
    6.9%... Nov 2008
    7.3%....Dec 2008
    7.8%...Jan 2009
    8.2 .....Feb 2009
    The high unemployment in 2008 according to republicans was the fault of the democratic Congress, now it's the fault of president Obama. In the meantime, the GOP recently stalled a jobs bill by adding about 100 amendments to it....As I understand it,the GOP will never bear any fault even though they control the house representatives with an overwhelming majority.... Funny how that works...:-)

It's been over 5 months since the GOP took over the house;where are the jobs?..lol

June 24, 2011 at 10:42 a.m.

• Right on, vet43!
    BO's sinking poll numbers are all a fabrication of the "lamestream" media. The media did all it could to keep BO from getting elected. They sucked up to Palin so much that it made me sick!
    Now the media is sucking up to Palin again, publishing her emails in an attempt to get her elected in 2012.
    The media is so biased toward conservatives that it makes me sick.
    I'm getting tired of "The Man" keeping BO down!
    Let's start government regulations of the media now!

June 24, 2011 at 10:38 a.m.

• (something)stinks: I thought the "lamestream" media was too far to the left to attack President Obama.

June 24, 2011 at 10:24 a.m.

• I'm sick of the news, too, dadgummit!
    Mean old media picking on poor ol' BO!
    Man, I bet those jobless numbers and national debt numbers are just media propaganda!

June 23, 2011 at 5:57 p.m.

• I was thinking the same thing vet43. Why would anyone want to be president?

I feel like I'm at a tennis match when I'm reading the news. Some republicans are saying he is withdrawing too many troops and democrats are saying it was not enough.

The president gets chastised by the republicans every time he talks about green energy and then recently, Al Gore, said the president has not led on climate change issues. I guess he forgot that he was vice president for eight years and we're still on fossil fuels.

The president led the fight to repeal " don't ask don't tell" now he's getting criticized by the gay community for his inaction on gay- marriage issues.

Today, house minority leader Eric Cantor and his cohort senator Kyl left the " debt ceiling" committee, until the president gets involved in solving the tax issue. It doesn't matter that vice president Biden is president Obama's delegate. Erick Cantor is against raising taxes but if you call it revenues; then he agrees we need some revenue. How can you deal with someone who thinks like that?

June 23, 2011 at 3:42 p.m.

• It would seem that if President Obama ended war, hunger, illness and gave away free gumdrops there will be somebody that hates gumdrops and want's to see him impeached.

June 23, 2011 at 3:17 p.m.

• Mike.

You are right. I mainly watching the Republicans shooting themselves in the foot with the redistricting mess.

June 23, 2011 at 2:32 p.m.

• Writein
    Who can blame you? As they used to say; if it wasn't for bad news; there would be no news at all.

June 23, 2011 at 2:26 p.m.

• Mike.

Well I have been out of the loop. I have been ingoring the news etc. I am just sick of it.

June 23, 2011 at 2:24 p.m.

• I don't think you'll get the wrath of the Victoria Advocate for posting your personal opinion.

69 million people voted for president Obama for a variety of reasons but ending all the wars in the Middle East in a mere 1,024 days is just a pipe dream.... They are probably defending him because they have seen the alternative.

June 23, 2011 at 1:06 p.m.

• Then there are those who want our troops to exit Afghanistan faster than a staffer from the Newt Gingrich campaign..... :-)
    How are you doing Writein? It's been a long time.

June 23, 2011 at 12:53 p.m.

• BRING ALL THE TROOPS HOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 23, 2011 at 12:31 p.m.