Comments

• Writein

I'm going to make one attempt to clear up some of your misconceptions and why I think you're giving off different vibes.

In one post you said you were not a warmonger because you're against Benjamin Netanyahu but in the recent post to WWW, you posted "As for Iran, I would threaten to sale a couple of B52 bombers and an aircraft carrier to the Israelis."... A threat is provoking and if taken seriously, Iran might attack prematurely...Hence, warmonger for that and suggesting that South Korea should've attacked North Korea last year. I didn't really accuse you of being a warmonger because I know you're not; I just said you're beginning to sound like one. Big difference.

In several post you have stated that global warming is a hoax, yet now you say I refuse to see an agenda. Exxon may have an agenda. What I know is that carbon dioxide has been deemed to be a pollutant and we know it's a heat trapping gas. Emitting carbon dioxide emissions is one of the causes of climate change, so why is your only proposal for energy "drill baby drill?"... You do know that if we make an announcement to drill our way to prosperity, it will take years to see that oil...OPEC will saturate the market with cheap oil, causing the oil companies to stop drilling and probably buy that cheap oil to sell to us, because they are about profits. China recently saturated the markets with solar panels when we started gaining stride in that market. We probably have more natural gas than anyone, it burns cleaner, so that might be a more viable option until we find a better alternative fuel.

I've seen where you posted several times where we should just start drilling, mining, and forget the environmental concerns of the environmentalists. That's where I put you in the company of the Koch Bros. and Rick Perry. That's their belief.

This is my main point: You stated "The main point is that there is no longer a middle ground where leaders and their people can engaged themselves with the other side." Yet you keep posting "But main blows of my disagreements are those conservative and liberal organizations and groups over the past 30-40 years." You have to have everyone at the table before you can find middle ground.

November 7, 2011 at 4:31 p.m.

• Mike.

True, President Obama or even Bush could less of what I said. I realize for a long time I am lowly young nobody in this world. However, a few nobodies have become somebodies. That’s why there is a occupy movement, the civil rights movement etc. ;)
    If I am an isolationist, then how come I favor America’s membership in the UN, NATO, and others? I firmly believe that we should not be everywhere in the world. I also believe that other countries should give “us” money for hosting them at the UN.
    I believe in climate change too, but you refuse to see an agenda. How come you never hear about the disagreements among the scientists who compiled the report? 30 years ago, there was talk about an ice age. Where is the ice age? For you to assume I am anti-science is a misnomer. I have a problem with science when there is no general and honest consensus over an issue. Climate change isn’t just man made. Many scientists refuse to mention sun spot activity and the warming up of each Planet in our solar system.

I am a Democrat, but I am also a person who can speak for myself and can think for myself rather than political ideology. To say I am in agreement with the Koch Brothers, Rick Perry, and Hate Talk Radio, I find that sad. The Koch Brothers Rick Perry and others want Neo-Feudalism where they control people and property through crony capitalism and the Good Ole Boy Network.
    You said I am blaming the President. Yes I am for some of the mishaps. But main blows of my disagreements are those conservative and liberal organizations and groups over the past 30-40 years. The main point is that there is no longer a middle ground where leaders and their people can engaged themselves with the other side.

November 7, 2011 at 12:19 a.m.

• Writein
    You are also an isolationist ,climate change denying,misreader of history and it's meaning...And President Obama and Bush could careless about your criticism ...The Iraq war was unnecessary and a terrible misjudgment but that's all....

I certainly believe in climate change and all your name calling won't change my mind....And why should it,your ideas have never made any sense...lol...The Green Party and liberals are to blame,You are beginning to sound just like the radio hosts you criticize.

Choice,do I believe in science or a local poster?You are siding with the Koch bros. who want to dismantle the EPA...You better read about the cause of Galveston sea level rise or you continue to go along with Rick Perry who tried to censor the TCEQ report...Never mind ,your mind your mind is made up;it's the liberals and Obama's fault..

Have a good night,there's just so much I can stand in one night.

November 6, 2011 at 10:39 p.m.

• Mike.

Please Re-read my statement. A warmonger I am not. How can you say that when I voice my anger and dislike of the current warmongering Prime Minster of Israel? If you want the source of the problems of today read General Eisenhower’s Farwell Address in January 1961……

“In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.”

“Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of scientific-technological elite.”

Those two quotes should be studied and taken heed. Labor unions, Liberals, mainly in the liberal wing of the Democratic Party and the entire Green party want us to stop drilling for oil at home based on a false science model of global warming. Conservatives, Neo-Cons, and others used that in invading, guarding, and shipping foreign oil, which help create these monsters we are seeing. It makes no sense for a President who is supposed to fix this economy would target domestic oil drilling that would help a poor person to drive his car an extra 25 miles to get a job. It makes no sense for a President to use a national crisis (9-11) to create a global crisis (ie: Iraq War). Yes I am now criticizing President Obama as well as President Bush.

If neither of this action had happen, among the actions of every President since Nixon, we wouldn’t be in this pickle. I use to play poker, there are times you must bluff and there are times you fold and walk away. Today neither is the opinion. I would like to see the US walk away or call bluff on Iran, North Korea, or China and still be safe.

November 6, 2011 at 9:56 p.m.

• Writein
    You need to read the 1953 Mutual Defense Treaty of 1953...You would get all your answers....Then read at the destruction a nuclear weapon can produce...The fall out alone would stretch to Japan and elsewhere.

You are beginning to sound like a warmonger calling for all these attacks.

It would take Israel 2 weeks to take out supposed Iran's nuclear program since they are scattered all over deep unground and in the mountains of that huge country. ..And we still don't know for a fact that they have them.....We are the only country that can do it but we won't.

November 6, 2011 at 8:14 p.m.

• Mike.
    If South Korea was smart they should build their own missile defense shield and move their capital to the southern part of the country.

November 6, 2011 at 7:49 p.m.

• WWW.
    Good question. There are two things that can be done. New York State, New York City, and even New Jersey should both file a law suit (Liable or not) against the United Nations for disputing traffic and commerce in New York. As for the United States as a whole, the answer comes from our domestic policy and not foreign policy. If America drill in North and South Dakota would there be funding for terrorist groups in the Muslim World? If America would remove itself from the WTO, use the power of tariffs, and pay at least 10% of its National debt, China wouldn’t be a problem. As for Iran, I would threaten to sale a couple of B52 bombers and an aircraft carrier to the Israelis.
    Any people who use Linda Lovelace in this topic have nothing better to say but be a troll, stalker, and a troublemaker. Such a person shouldn’t be taken seriously especially for those calling for revolutions and not solutions. This is not towards you, WWW. I hope will understand that. Now you might be on to something, but I would go a step beyond that. ;)

November 6, 2011 at 7:42 p.m.

• Writein...I'm just wondering, without military confrontations, how would you force Russia, China and Iran to do anything, much less pay their UN dues? Hell's bells; they won't even pay their freakin' PARKING TICKETS.

By the way, what's wrong with Linda's movies? She had a great talent and wasn't bashful about displaying it to the world. Make love, not war. Hey, maybe we could hire a bunch of Linda Lovelace wannabe's for the State Department and THEY could persuade the leaders of Russia, China and Iran to do what we want. This could give the face of diplomacy a whole new look. :)

November 6, 2011 at 9:14 a.m.

• Writein
    I was a civilian on January 1968 when That happened but I do remember the tension....South Korea knows better,you don't attack an unstable regime that has nukes....Millions of lives would be injured or killed in that region.China is about the only country that can deal with North Korea because the latter couldn't survive without China's help.

November 6, 2011 at 7:26 a.m.

• Mike.
    Then I assume you were stationed in Korea during the USS Pueblo incident? Since that we are on North Korea, it appears that there is an internal struggle in the North Korean leadership with Kim’s 20 something year old son who is groom to take over. I am a bit surprise that South Korea didn’t counter attack the North over last year’s shelling.

November 6, 2011 at 12:26 a.m.

• Pilot.?
    Linda Lovelace? You watch that kind of movies? If America wants to be respected then it must get out of the WTO, end NAFTA, return to Bi-metallic back dollar; and force Russia, China and Iran to pay their UN dues.

November 3, 2011 at 10:43 p.m.

• Writein
    That's my point too,if Bush turned them down because of the extra  dangers it places on our troops,that situation is still there...The fight won't just be between Iran and Israel...We now know that Iran was killing our troops in Iraq at a much higher rate than was first reported...An attack on Iran would seriously disrupt our oil supply from Saudi Arabia and now Iraq...Take a look at that Persian Gulf region.

I was stationed in South Korea in 1966,we switched out companies along the DMZ every month...The DMZ is not that heavily fortified ,it's more of a geographical line that North Korea knows it must not cross or it has to answer to us....The only strong movement that matters is the pentagon and President Obama....Those troops are not coming out...The 28,000 troops cannot stop North Korea but there are a deterrent ...North Korea wants to live to see another day.

I guess we will see

November 3, 2011 at 9:02 p.m.

• Mike.
    The situation is different now. Israel (or should I say the Pro-Israel lobby) feels threaten by President Obama. You proclaim North Korea would never attack the South. North Korea knows we are moving some of our troops from the DMZ to the Southern and central parts of the Korean Republic. Plus they should know there is a strong movement to return all of our troops from foreign soil.

November 3, 2011 at 8:24 p.m.

• Writein
    Even President George W. Bush wouldn't let Israel bomb Iran because we still had troops in Iraq and Afghanistan....We still do...Dick Cheney was the only one that was for Israel attacking Iran.

North Korea won't attack South Korea because we still have 28,000 troops there,so they don't want us to retaliate.

We don't know ,a message to Netanyahu may have already been sent...I't not something that we would publicize...He's a hot head but he's not dumb...Then again,he might go rogue.

November 3, 2011 at 8:09 p.m.

• Itisi.

The CIA briefs every major Presidential candidate.

November 3, 2011 at 7:43 p.m.

• Mike.
    If President Obama would have told Netanyahu to back down every nut-job would pressure Congress to bring up impeachment charges.
    Those within the Israeli government need to understand a few things before doing this. First of all they have no bombers. The 1982 Iraq bombing was done by 30-40 F-16’s and F-15’s. Second should Iran go to war with Israel, North Korea its ally would use this as an excuse to attack South Korea. China, have already had been caught violating UN agreements arming Iran with weapons.

November 3, 2011 at 7:41 p.m.

• Mike,

Nation building or fence building? There is no GOP foreign policy other than US companies manufaturing on the cheap overseas and taking the profit (swag) and laughing all the way to the bank. (That taxpayers bailed out).

November 3, 2011 at 6:24 p.m.

• Writein

I too am worried,Iran is a huge country....Obama Administration needs to call  Benjamin Netanyahu i to the White House and let him know his foreign aid,military jets,etc, will be cut off if he does that.

November 3, 2011 at 6:05 p.m.

• Vet43

You're right it's not that difficult...Are they for nation building or is the 2014 Afghanistan withdraw date a good thing?..Will we blindly back up Israel if they decide to attack Iran?Is the North Korean policy working out or would they do something different?How will they handle the Arab Spring?

They are throwing rocks,rumors, and allegations at each other for second place because Romney will eventually win out but at least I know his plan for now ,but it's always subject to change.

November 3, 2011 at 5:57 p.m.

• I am more worried about rightwing nutjob and warmonger Ben Netanyahu trying to start World War 3 with Iran.

November 3, 2011 at 3:47 p.m.

• Mike,

My point was the GOP's forign policy is blame President Obama and tune up the weapon factory.

What part of War in the Middle East is bad does the GOP not understand. A Nuke here and a Nuke there and pretty soon you have a real problem.

At least one good note. As long as the candidates are throwing rocks at each other it keeps them away from the red button.

November 3, 2011 at 3:25 p.m.

• Vet43
    Obama went to Europe to Mamet heads of state and Afghanistan & Iraq to meet troops and generals as a candidate...He also enlisted the help of Colin Powell and others...They should be able to read papers and know what they would differently if elected and not say something stupid like Cain....Cain told Bill O'Reilly that he would direct war ships near Iran...Oh,yeah and then what?....The neoconservaties dictated the GOP foreign policy in the past....

November 3, 2011 at 12:53 p.m.

• GOP foreign policy? "I don't know what it is but I'am agin it!" seems to be about right.

November 3, 2011 at 9:32 a.m.

• Republicans and foreign policy… Debates, there has been the lack of questions on that particular issue… no nominee thus far… Let’s see what the President brings to the table.

Republicans all over the map on Libya… Democrats have been all over the map on that issue as well… President Obama, on the hand has been pulling the trigger on missiles all over the map…

Cain and China vs. Obama and 57 states… Was Obama under a lot of pressure after making that comment during his campaign? Maybe a little fairness should be in order here…

Foreign policy, who ever the GOP nominee is, it will come as soon as there is clarity.

Last paragraph, the candidates are not privy to the same type of information that Obama has access to, so that would be a loaded question. There would be no clear answers, due to the lack of intel…

November 3, 2011 at 7:51 a.m.

• From what i see it seems limited to proving Obama was born in Kenya and which candidate will borrrow the most money from China to give Israel.

November 2, 2011 at 3:46 p.m.