Comments

• Mike.

Jon Huntsman is the only reasonable candidate in the field. Heck I could vote for him. With the rest of the field it seems that Huntsman is in the wrong party. If he really wants to make an impact in this election, then he should run as a Democrat.

November 11, 2011 at 7:20 p.m.

• I agree, the conservatives are so scared that he will govern as a moderate, just like he did in Massachusetts. In a little less than a year out, Romney is pretty much head to head with President Obama, in the key battleground states. In 2008, Mitt Romney didn't win a single state in the south.

Yesterday I heard former President Bill Clinton say that in the last 500 years of a financial crisis, it normally takes five years to recover but one of this magnitude will take a few more years than that. I think he knows more about the economy than most people.

November 10, 2011 at 1:50 p.m.

• Mitt is trying to court the middle class because he knows that is where the votes are. I just don't believe he can go against his whole party on that issue and I hope the voters know that. He might want to, but the President can only do so much, as we have learned during the past 3 years.

November 10, 2011 at 1:36 p.m.

• I laughed throughout the debate, you have 8 people that hate the government, yet they wanna be elected president. Some of them are or have been in government.

Rick Perry fooled me, in the 10 years he was governor, I never knew he was that dumb.The Dept. of Energy (the one he forgot but wants to cut) is also responsible for the safe handling of nuclear material. They wanted to eliminate all those departments but not necessarily the responsibilities because they would be merged into other departments. Their plan of doubling the load of the already overwhelmed departments would make them that much more inefficient... It's called a self fulfilling prophecy.

Jon Huntsman seems to be the only sane candidate. I would love to see him face Romney in a one -on- one, just to see what Romney knows. Right now,Mitt Romney looks like a school teacher and the rest are just waiting for the bell to ring.

November 10, 2011 at 1:32 p.m.

• I almost jumped out of my chair and cheered when Perry stumbled last night. The rest of the Country got to see what I've known for years about him. The only way he got elected governor as many times as he did was because he was a Republican and he knew how to smear anyone who went up against him "in Texas".
    The national scene is a little different, as he is finding out.

November 10, 2011 at 12:03 p.m.

• Last night's debate ensured Romney chances of securing the republican nomination. I would like to see a two man debate between Jon Huntsman and Mitt Romney. Jon Huntsman can't get above 5%, so New Hampshire is do or die for him. Jon was right about our 40 year relationship with China. If we raise tariffs on them, it will only escalate a tariff war.

Rick Perry should do the right thing and donate his $17 million to the RNC. He's toast after last night, leaving the door open for Newt Gingrich to take the number three slot for now. Newt will move up when Herman Cain stumbles in the polls.

People like Herman Cain try to hide their ignorance by making stuff up and using a one sided hypothetical... His whole plan relies on growth but he doesn't have a plan that will get us growth.

November 10, 2011 at 11:11 a.m.

• Mike,
    What are you going to do when there is no money left pay for anything, that is, the government is broke? What are you going to do when there is no more America? Where are you going to go? What are you going to do when “you” can no longer pay your taxes? How will you feed your family? Do you have a plan? I doubt that you have an answer to any of those questions. Just how long do we continue to give out of our own pockets until there is no more to give? Do we come knocking on your door, probably not, because you want have a dang thing left to give, or maybe a little wisdom, but that want buy you a cup of coffee now will it…? I’ll tell you this, if President Obama is re-elected, you can probably bet that this country will lose sight of the horizon… Just a thought from someone who cares for this country and what it stands for… By the way, our constitution has stood for over 230 years; your President says it’s flawed, but that’s only because he’s a “socialist”, which he has never denied… Only to say “I have been called a socialist”…

November 9, 2011 at 5:39 p.m.

• I remember flying into Kansas in the 60's and seing a huge banner on the Koch building that said, "Impeach Earl Warren". They made no bones then about their racial overtones.

November 9, 2011 at 3:12 p.m.

• Thanks to the unions, taxes will have to go up!

November 9, 2011 at 2:41 p.m.

• Virginia did not have an issue vote of overreach.

November 9, 2011 at 12:01 p.m.

• How did the vote turn out in Virginia?

November 9, 2011 at 11:38 a.m.