Comments

• gansoblanco

I 'm a little slow help me out...Why is the establishment clause of the 1st amendment being used?

October 12, 2011 at 3:50 p.m.

• Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

October 12, 2011 at 3:31 p.m.

• Mike.

The point isn’t one having political aspirations, the point is that there is the same ole, same ole cycle of used and reused talking points that is not getting us anywhere. AND IT NEEDS TO STOP. I was born during the early part of the Reagan Era, yet we are still talking about the same ole issues before there was a “me“. Even you said it yourself , when you told Holein1 about the Affirmative Action cupcakes story. Those issues and nutjobs are getting in the way of progress and what should be done.

I am not the only one who see the lunacy. Check out Bonni3’s comments from http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/...
    “I think that it is ridiculous that people are on here complaining. That is the exact reason that this group needs to be started because all Americans do is sit around talking crap but doing nothing about the severe issues in our nation. We the people need to stand up against the corruption of our big government and against Wallstreet and demand that justice be had instead of sitting around on the internet patronizing a for a being a true American! Thank you Jennifer Janak for being a leader in this community and in our country as a real American citizen! To all you complaining, your just hating cause you didnt think of this idea and cause your too lazy and scared to actually stand up for what is right!”

I will not apologize for any statement I made.

Mr. Williams.

October 12, 2011 at 12:46 a.m.

• Mike.

Maybe you should apologize. If you read more closely, you would know who (and what group of posters) I am talking about. It is unfair for a group of men, who do NOTHING attacking a young woman who is trying to do something. You tell me….where is the responsible adult context in those critical statements? You have a man, who spends time complaining about his Social Security and calling for a revolution rather than calling his congressman and senator. All awhile using social media to spy on someone and his/her personal/political ties? You tell me Mike, is that an action of a responsible adult? It is responsible for a grown man to stove pictures of aborted babies in people’s face, but yet never helped out at a crisis shelter? How about a grown man praying for a storm to knock down bars? These are not examples of wisdom, but craziness, loony, and irresponsible. They are not making things better, but making it worse. I know little children who act better than this.

Second let me talk to you about Hope, Faith, and Charity. Anyone with common sense and the insight should know what I mean. Even you Mike should know what it means because I said after it faith in ourselves and in America, no where I said anything about God or religion in the other blog. I do not know what are you talking hero worship here.

A point isn’t one having political aspirations, the point is that there is the same ole, same ole cycle of used and reused talking points that is not getting us anywhere. AND IT NEEDS TO STOP. I was born during the early part of the Reagan Era, yet we are still talking about the same ole issues before there was a “me“. Even you said it yourself , when you told Holein1 about the Affirmative Action cupcakes story. Those issues and nutjobs are getting in the way of progress and what should be done.

October 11, 2011 at 11:31 p.m.

• Thanks counttx

I will consider the petition because 46.2 million people are in poverty, that comes out the 15.1% of Americans or one out of every six. What's really said is that 22% of that number is children who did nothing wrong. The media income today is $49,445; that's the lowest since 1996, yet people believe people should work for less wages.

The wealth is concentrated at the top as it was in the Great Depression. The wealthy can only consume so much, then they use the rest of the money to pay politicians, to keep it that way.
    Tavis Smily said that at tonight's Bloomberg's GOP debate, which is on economics', the word poor will not be mentioned. It's not a partisan issue because in the 2008 debates between McCain and Obama, the word poor was never mentioned.

I saw where the Koch brothers said that they will pump $200,000,000 into this campaign.

October 11, 2011 at 9:46 a.m.

• writein

I could write a blog about unicorns and lollipops and some would find it offensive because it's not in line with their views. I can live with that.

you say we have three major problems and lack of understanding, wisdom and faith. I believe you could combine wisdom and understanding into one, but I'm not sure of how you're using the word faith.

You go on to say that every problem can be solved with hope,faith, and charity but that is just empty rhetoric unless you're able to prove it. I keep my politics secular, and so I don't really understand what you are saying.

It's funny that you should mention understanding because on another blog and elsewhere in this forum you continue to blast those who are not joining a group or taking part in the political process. You discount voting as an important part of that process. You worship your super heroes because in your eyes ,they get involved. I'm not into hero worship, and I don't speak for the older posters and I'm nothing special but I bet each and every one of the older people you continue to blast, worked and paid their taxes, so they have every right to state their views. They don't have to be compared to what you call" stepping up" and running for office or getting involved. I fulfilled my military obligation, worked in the private sector for 40 years, paid my taxes, consumed, sent my children to school, so now that I'm retired, I think I have every right in the world to post my opinion. This is my hobby because I don't have any political aspirations and I'm not that presumptuous to think my ideas would be embraced by Washington. I'm just a lowly poster with an opinion without obligations to be FAIR and Balanced....I'm retired.

I answered you in my personal blog but I'm sure you will continue to include me in those 60 year old plus people who never have solutions. A solution is a plan that fixes the problem or states with certainty on how to fix a problem. I would be willing to bet that we will never pick up the local paper and read where a local poster's idea was accepted by Washington. We're all just posters that have opinions, nothing more nothing less.

If I am wrong in assessing your view, then I will apologize but you did paint with a broad brush.

October 11, 2011 at 9:12 a.m.

• Itisi.

The problem in America and in the world isn’t a religion, an ideology, or a class. There are social issues that should be resolve long before I was born. The problem is a strong lack of UNDERSTANDING, a strong lack of WISDOM, and a strong lack of FAITH !!!!!

Every problem in this republic can be solved. It can be solved with HOPE (Yes I DARE TO SAY IT), FAITH, and CHARITY. It is my hope and my prayer that people who have actual solutions and is apart of something will meet and fix things in this area and in other areas.

October 10, 2011 at 10:53 p.m.

• Just a question for clarity, itisi--

If you do not support the protesters, does that mean that you support corporate gluttony, the corporate ownership of politicians and massive job cuts while CEOs earn huge bonuses?

Just want to make sure, in all of this, what your exact position is.

October 10, 2011 at 10:40 p.m.

• Mike,

Your article started out with some objectivity, and I due mean some, until you get to the last paragraph… You have continued to promote a very liberal agenda, and the Obama agenda… As requested by Vic/Ad, I will not make any personal attacks… I’ll ask you this; do you read your own post? If you support the Wall Street protesters, which are flying signs of socialism… Why? I think it’s time to give it up…

October 10, 2011 at 10:21 p.m.

• I totally agree, that's why I went to website and signed the petition at www.getmoneyout.com.

October 10, 2011 at 9:37 p.m.

• counttx.

If we don't do anything about it ,Congress might as well wear blazers complete With corporate logos....pay enough money,you can get legislators to get rid of the EPA,SEC, or anything else...Imagine,telling a candidate,"if you want to run,you need to raise $5 million and that might be enough ."

October 10, 2011 at 7:33 p.m.

• Are you familiar with the drive to "get money out" of politics? I think that's what it's going to take for "the people" to be the focus of government and not the current situation of being beholden to the corporations that finance the outrageously expensive campaigns.

October 10, 2011 at 7:05 p.m.