Comments

• That was a rhetorical question but I appreciate the answer.

I keep my politics secular because the country, government , and constitution is for believers and nonbelievers.

I'm 66 years old, so I've been through the ups and downs before, but every Sunday I join in with fellow parishioners as everyone prays for our country and especially ALL our elected leaders so they have the wisdom to lead, whether it's for war conflicts, domestic issues, or for providing a civil environment to discuss the issues.... I can't say it worked but it has become a ritual.

Have a good evening.

January 3, 2012 at 5:06 p.m.

• I don't think God supports an American political agenda - He only supports His agenda.
    I do believe we need to be praying for our country and especially ALL our elected leaders so they have the wisdom to lead us out of the current situation of an economy that is languishing - and stagnent.

January 3, 2012 at 4:52 p.m.

• Tonight's caucus is a waste of time because "Christian conservative leader Pat Robertson says he has a secret straight from God: He knows who the next president of the United States will be...Let's see God told three of the GOP candidates to run for president;we know he was kidding one because he's already out...:-)

"I think He showed me about the next president, but I'm not supposed to talk about that so I'll leave you in the dark -- probably just as well -- but I think I know who it's gonna be," Robertson said Tuesday on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club."

Robertson then went on to recite the message he claimed to have been told by God. According to Robertson, God doesn't support President Barack Obama's agenda and says that only "overwhelming prayer" can bring a new leader who will stop the country from "disintegrating":

God supports an American political agenda?

January 3, 2012 at 4:36 p.m.

• born2Bme

Tonight, the first vote will be cast in the Iowa Caucus kicking off 11 more months of the 2012 presidential campaign. This election will be about the economy and where it stands in September. The two parties are entrenched, so it will up to the independents as it was in 2008. We could be involved in another skirmish ,elevating our foreign policy issue.
    It looks like the GOP will rough up the eventual winner Mitt Romney before President Obama ever gets to him... Newt Gingrich just called Mitt Romney a liar on CBS TV. Friday and Saturday's GOP will be quite a circus event. It'll be Perry vs Santorum and Bachmann vs Paul on the undercard then Gingrich vs Romney in the main event.

January 3, 2012 at 9:07 a.m.

• The bad thing is, anything the GOP has lined up so far, would be so much worse.

January 2, 2012 at 11:21 p.m.

• You know if I were you, I would worry about the BO re-election... Nuff said...

January 2, 2012 at 10:17 p.m.