Comments

• Frm. CIA field officer,Bob Baer said that Israel is behind all the covert actions to provoke a stupid response from Iran like sending a missile toward Strait of Hormuz .  Oil would rise to $200 a barrel ,so Israel does not want to take the blame for that. Israel would then hit some key Iranian military targets and the world will  think they are justified.

January 12, 2012 at 8:20 p.m.

• "Iran’s official government reaction to the scientist’s killing on Wednesday was more restrained, saying that Iran would not be dissuaded from its right to peaceful nuclear energy and demanding that the Security Council investigate and condemn the attack. The Iranian ambassador to the United Nations, Mohammad Khazaee, said in a letter to Secretary General Ban Ki-moon that the killing was part of a campaign of terrorist acts against Iran committed by “certain foreign quarters,” an oblique reference to Israel and the United States."

Russia is 1500 miles from Iran.

January 12, 2012 at 5:32 p.m.

• Get Smart.

I think it is the CIA or the Russian intel. Why I put the Russia's ? Because a war on their backyard is bad for business.

January 12, 2012 at 4:30 p.m.

• Gansoblanco, this Paul supporter will vote third party or will not vote at all. By the way, I'm 36. I don't know if you want to count me among the young or old.

January 12, 2012 at 2:29 p.m.

• Some state GOP legislators put in some new voter ID laws that make it harder for young people to vote. They saw the 2008 demographics where Obama recruited all those young voters and decided it was time to put a stop to that by not accepting student ID cards.

Sadly ,young people don't usually vote.

January 12, 2012 at 2:02 p.m.

• Here's my question: Where are the Paul supporters going to go after he leaves the race? They are young and passionate but how quickly/or will they line up behind high dollar white bread? I figure the evangelical's Sermon on the Mount regard for Obama will compell them to put their support behind Romney the quasi Christian. But what will the firebreathing youngsters do?

January 12, 2012 at 1:47 p.m.

• Dale

I have seen the  liberal,moderate, and pretty much anything you want him to be Mitt Romney...Mitt now says that he is a conservative;that's for conservatives to decide.I agree,they are all part of the established Republicans...Ron Paul represents the
    Libertarian wing of the GOP. That's 25% of the party.

I respectfully disagree,I see the market at about 12,000 ,unemployment trending down,we are out of Iraq,but a 2% or less rate of growth is not acceptable but my choice for president,Barack Obama will narrowly beat Romney...The economy will recover but that is just my personal opinion.....

January 11, 2012 at 10:24 p.m.

• Mike, I too believe this is a "liberty movement" building year. But still Dole, McCain and Romney are still the same thing. The result will be the same. The only difference this time, our economy and dollar can not survive another four years of Obama, on top of twelve years by Compassionate Conservatives Bush Jr and Sr. With the exception of Clinton they have all bled us dry. And, so what if Romney won. Would there be any difference?

January 11, 2012 at 9:38 p.m.

• You've got to be kidding,the Democrats would  never dump Obama for Huntsman.
    He would lose to Obama.

He's losing in the GOP presidential race because he's running a bad campaign.

January 11, 2012 at 7:54 p.m.

• I love Huntsman. If he were smart and wished to be President this year then he should have run as a Democrat.

January 11, 2012 at 7:32 p.m.

• Several Iranian nuclear scientists have been killed in recent years, another was killed the other day... Coincidence? In last night's concession speech, Romney accused President Obama of being an appeaser... Does Romney have all his facts straight? Well ,he was using a teleprompter last night after bombing without one- in Iowa.

January 11, 2012 at 5:09 p.m.

• The pundits were throwing around numbers as if it was just monopoly money... There's a casino owner in Las Vegas that has about $20 million for Newt's Super PAC; yes that's the same Newt that was complaining about PAC money last week, when he didn't have any...Jon Huntmans's dad is a billionaire, so he's going to put in another $10 million in his son's Super PAC. ..... Romney is just using his pocket change right now but he still has Bain Capital Super PAC money at the ready...I believe he's already spent $3.7 million in S.C on day one...Rick Perry still has a lot left and he might as well spend it because this should be his last campaign...Poor Santorum,he's hoping to be anointed by the evangelicals and we know they have a lot of money. :-0

And that's just the GOP..The DNC Super PAC are filling their storage tanks hoping to recieve $1 billion by September.

January 11, 2012 at 4:52 p.m.

• I hope this goes on forever. I really love the little car when all the candidates crawl out. Get's me every time.

Any one have any idea how much money will be spent between Iowa and the convention? That could solve the national debt and give SS folks a nice raise.

January 11, 2012 at 4:22 p.m.

• Ron Paul coming in second was a boost for Romney because it neutralized Gingrich and Santorum.

Dale
    Speaking of Texas A&M... That's what this race is now reminding me of.... I'm reminded of the late hit on Colt McCoy by A&M defensive lineman Kellen Heard in the 2006 match up, after the game was nearly over. Newt is going to make Romney pay for those $3 million attack ads in Iowa, even if it means bloodying him up for Obama. Newt is about Newt.

If the evangelicals meet in Texas and persuade the also rans (Perry & Gingrich) to drop out and let Santorum go Mano a Mano with Romney, they might have a better chance. As it is, since Santorum and Gingrich didn't get 10% of the NH vote they allowed Romney to get 2 additional delegates...That's how it stood this afternoon.

Perry and Gingrich have a lot of money to continue making it harder for Romney to pick up easy delegates. It's equivalent to being down by two touchdowns with 2 minutes ago and you run out of bounds to kill the clock and use all your timeouts, turning those 2 minutes into 45 minutes. Who knows, Romney can fumble making it a one possession game and the two could recover the onside kick. CNN knows that Rick Perry is good for a gaffe or two so they stretch their own rules to allow him in their next debate .

I still don't think Paul has any notion that he'll win the presidency because he using a five caucus state strategy to acquire delegates. He wants to use the 400-500 delegates as bargaining chips at the GOP convention. I don't know what for. He'd practically bypassing Florida which has a lot of delegates but he knows that he doesn't stand a chance there because he thinks that Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional. I heard Rand Paul say that they will reevaluate their campaign strategy if Mitt Romney wins South Carolina because he agrees that it's pretty much over if he does that. I think Ron Paul is a message candidate and he's laying the ground work for his son Rand. That's probably the reason he won't run as a third party candidate...But who knows? I've been wrong several times before

January 11, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.

• Looks like Huntsman is outta the Hunt. Rick can get back to work on his TTC. Gingrich, he can go to work with his lobby firm. Santorum, just as I learned to spell his name, sppppp he is gone. Well looks like it is just Ron and Mitt (I wish I was a conservative Rep) Romney.

I am still trying to find out how 25% and 39% indicates Mitt (I ain't no Conservative) Romney could be called a clear cut wiener? It smells a lot like A&M saying "we are better that tu" just because the SEC invited us over for dinner. 39 percent is not a majority in any book. It just says to me, "let me hold my nose again". And getting McCain to give Romney an endorsement?

January 11, 2012 at 3:11 p.m.

• No big surprise ,Mitt Romney will win NH primary 36 % projected....Paul is 2nd with Huntsman close @ 3rd....Rick Perry @1 %

January 10, 2012 at 7:07 p.m.

• Lol,I remember that....Poor Romney he's feeling the heat today he said "I like to be able to fire people who provide services to me."

He's also trying to prove he's not an elitist..Good luck with that after telling everyone at the debate that his father told him to get rich before running for office and then left him a heft trust fund..Nothing wrong with that but own up to it..He's a 1% .

January 9, 2012 at 5:17 p.m.

• "Mitt Romney is a moderate Republican, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him come out wearing a tri cornered hat with tea bags hanging off the sides and reciting "America the Beautiful" when he heads to South Carolina"

"Corn counts as an amber wave of grain, right?" from the Romney Iowa montage.

January 9, 2012 at 4:55 p.m.