Comments

• Itisi.

Why are you ducking and dodging the questions? Why is that?

Mr.J. Williams.

May 10, 2012 at 12:28 a.m.

• Born2beme, I’m going to explain it to like this. The individual’s first sentence of this blog the writer established a No Debate Zone. He is a very good writer, and articulates a given subject in a manner that always favors the writer’s opinion, so other words the writer prefers that you agree, therefore no room for debate. My remark that you choose to throw spit wads reflects that sentence. Nuff said.

May 7, 2012 at 2:31 a.m.

• itisi,

Bureaucrats have to decide who gets what because the deck is so stacked against the majority of people that this Country would cease to exist if it was every man for himself.
    The French Revolution comes to mind.

May 7, 2012 at 2:21 a.m.

• Born2me, the very first sentence in this blog said it all; you did not have to go any further. As for Labels, I suggest you look around your home there are labels after labels, but I’m just saying. It’s all in the translation…

May 7, 2012 at 1:39 a.m.

• Writen, at first I wasn’t going to respond to your social justice comment, but however after giving it some thought Obama’s economy is somewhat in the center of social justice. Whenever someone decries the lack of social justice, he isn't condemning any individual's rights being trampled, but the lack of a central authority deciding who gets what. Indeed, the ideal outcome for the social justice crowd is the type of society where the value one person creates for others is completely unrelated to the rewards that person receives. Bureaucrats would decide on their own terms in what proportion people should enjoy the fruits of their labor, if at all. How is that justice?

May 7, 2012 at 1:20 a.m.

• For the 3rd time I used the word economist as a "metaphor" for saying that we are in global economy and there things we cannot control or foresee...Get 10 economist in a room and it shouldn't surprise anyone if you get 10 different solutions.

It was never intended to be the battle of economist because I think people are interested in results not theories or the daily blame.

May 6, 2012 at 7:27 p.m.

• itisi,
    My favorite economist is Walter E. Williams and he is a conservative libertarian. Not sure if he is smarter than Mike's favorite, but I believe he is very intelligent.

May 6, 2012 at 7:12 p.m.

• Itisi.

First of all, I ask you to talk to me and Born2bme with some respect. Second, can you name anything of my economic ideas or plans to fix American problems? Can you name them? This is why a face to face debate is in order.

Mr. J. Williams

May 6, 2012 at 6:07 p.m.

• Born
    You got the message of the blog.."there is no truth certain" economic theories do not have the same impact on everyone....I saw a great example of that last night on a PBS show about a small town tire dealer from the state of Washington noticing that his big corporate tire dealer competitor succeeded while the small dealer  was fighting to survive.....BigJ has always advocated for higher tariffs on China,good idea but wait.......Jim's Tire had two stores employing 20 people who sold American tires (higher price) Japanese tires ( medium priced) and Chinese tires (cheapest)..The Obama administration did impose a tariff to help American tire companies....This action caused a 20% increase on Chinese tires which was Jim's biggest seller...The corporation laid off enough of their workforce but Jim wouldn't do that,so he cut his  salary and his wife's too and that's after  his health care costs rose 22%....Our economy is way too large to have one solution that will work each and every time and satisfy all.....This article stated that America is not a paper tiger and we will always  have built in advantages....You can't have the complete story unless all positions are known...IMO

May 6, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.

• itisi,

Truth? According to who? You?
    The problem with your statemet is that you are trying to label people and fit everyone into a neat little box by how "you" see them. Things don't work that way.

May 6, 2012 at 10:54 a.m.

• Born2me and writen, read the dang "HEADER" of this blog. You guys cannot stand the truth to be told...

May 6, 2012 at 10:42 a.m.

• I hear you but The trouble  with "common sense" these days is interpretation ...:-)
    Everyone thinks they own those words.....if you know what I mean

Have a good one .

May 5, 2012 at 8:18 p.m.

• Mike.

Please forgive me for my misunderstanding. I cannot argue with Reich’s and Krugman’s backstories, but I believe in that good ole fashion Common Sense.

May 5, 2012 at 8:08 p.m.

• I believe you misunderstood the meaning of the blog..I meant that this economy is finicky where all (left or right) economists have been wrong at some time in their predictions..

Robert Reich graduated from Dartmouth with an A/B summa cum laude and won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford.

Paul Krugman won a Nobel  in economics

That's not chop liver.....I would put my money on them against any poster....:-)

May 5, 2012 at 7:52 p.m.

• Itisi.

Remember during the Christmas holidays you emailed me about the “evils” of social justice? When let me say this to you now. You don’t have all the sense. It is evil for a man wanted to be respected? Is it evil for a man who is P.Oed because he couldn’t get hired because he has the “wrong” last name? Is it evil to desire that the poor man, the disaffected, and the least of these to get a break in life? But you refuse to see it because of your rose colored glasses. Your post is the least HONEST thing on here.

My economist is better than yours? Yes he is. Why because he doesn’t have an “ideological” agenda. He doesn’t wear rose colored glasses. He sees the world from his viewpoint and that viewpoint is based on his life experience. He has a strong B.S. Meter to filter out the daily crap. He tells it like it is despite of what many think or the THREATS he receives. That person is……me!!! My economic ideas are better than your conservative economist(s) who you refuse to name and that of liberals like Paul Krugman, Robert Reich, and others.

Mr. J. Williams

May 5, 2012 at 7:19 p.m.

• If you have to rely on a self assessment then you aren't really all that and if you were ;people would have already come to that conclusion with an affirmation.

The blog was just another view that's different for the daily gloom and doom predictions. ..It was not about ideology and except for my last paragraph it was not about government or political parties.

May 5, 2012 at 11:47 a.m.

• It was not surprising to read that a study by distinguished political science professor Keith Poole proved that with his analysis, that Republicans are to blame for the gridlock.

"Poole assessed all of the Republican and Democratic votes in the House and Senate from 1879 to 2011, and plotted both parties on a liberal to conservative axis. Poole’s study shows that beginning right around 1980, House Republicans began to vote in strict partisan lines considerably more than Democrats."

May 5, 2012 at 11:29 a.m.

• itisi,

That is the most asinine comment I've ever seen here.

May 5, 2012 at 11:17 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 5, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.

• Yes my economist is better than yours and this is why. One thing “we” self-described conservatives and libertarians are honest and up-front in owning the fact that they have an ideology and attempt to advance it, but realizes that one of the most amazing traits of most liberals is they are self-deceived to the point that they believe that liberalism itself is not an ideology, believe that they are simply pragmatists who attempt to do "what works," and believe that only those who disagree with them are ideological.

May 5, 2012 at 9:45 a.m.

• The quote was aimed at you, vet43, and myself. Like I said eariler, the sword cuts both ways. On a personal note, the quote isn't working. If that was true.....well I don't have to tell you.

May 4, 2012 at 4:04 a.m.

• writein

This is off topic but I have a question.

Now that I have your attention what was wrong what that biblical quote?
    To me it meant ...Not to bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you. But correct the wise, and they will love you.

Isn't that true?....Is it best to ignore them...I know that's not your style but just asking?

May 3, 2012 at 2:45 p.m.

• Mike.

LOL

May 3, 2012 at 2:36 p.m.

• writein

Here it is ,I met my "old timers" contribution quota for this week.... You might disagree with 99% of it and give me an "F" but I turned in my homework....:-)

May 3, 2012 at 2:33 p.m.

• Since we are in a FIRE economy and debt equals money, full steam ahead for the Obamites.

May 3, 2012 at 2:04 p.m.

• cattleman
    Excellent points I believe Congress is still on extended Easter break and every bill that is submitted will have a poison pill attached to it.

A congressional emergency meeting has been called to discuss ways ways we should handle the issue of the Chinese dissident ...That has economic implications that are not on any current spreadsheet.

The president (WH) gets involved just before reconciliation but house bills go to the senate to die and vice versa.

May 3, 2012 at 1:14 p.m.

• I plot my earnings on investments every couple of weeks - and they are continuing in the up direction. Right now since this is an election year I figure nothing is going to happen in Washington to jeopardize either parties chances of winning and figure the rest of 2012 should be pretty good.

My fear is that after the election the Republicans and Democrats will continue to point fingers and never do anything.

We have to get the budget under control - or - at least get a budget. I am no dreamer - it will take years to reduce the debt we have - but it will take both less spending and more revenue. And the President doesn't really control that, he can only recommend.

May 3, 2012 at 12:53 p.m.