Comments

• Good comments everyone and appreciated. Have a great week.

November 27, 2011 at 7:04 p.m.

• Let me save you at least half the Hotel tab.

Get 1 room with two beds. Mom and Dad in one bed, kids in the other. Look so far we saved you approximately $370.00 on your next trip.

Even better, Dad in one bed, Mom in the other and the kids on the floor. LOL! Don't laugh, I'll go even further to save $370.00.

November 27, 2011 at 3:19 p.m.

• you're complaining about the cost of the baseball tickets, but for $56, you're sitting in some of the best seats possible. sit in the bleachers for just a few bucks and take a train/bus into the stadium to avoid the parking fees. if you don't have the kids with you, you can find some bars that offer game shuttles so you can get your drink on without having to buy stadium beer.

November 27, 2011 at 2:53 p.m.

• Forget College and Pro's. They are both on TV and that is the only way you can afford them.

Corpus has the Semi Pro team and a great stadium.

High school has excellent football right now with the playoffs going on. This is the last year that HS Football playoffs will be held a Dallas Cowboy Stadium and the tickets are CHEAP. Something likw $15.00 for three HS Games. Yes the concessions are outrageous. A bottle of water was $5.00 last year.

I will question your "modest" hotel. I've stayed in hotels all across this country and I can still find a very nice room for under a $100.00 a night without even trying. That includes all the taxes and fees.

Modest to me = Comfort Inn... and I guarantee you they aren't charging $185.00 a night for rooms.

I need to provide you with the jasonbourne handbook on being cheap and saving a fortune. You have to make a few sacrifices but hey, you'll save some money.

You need to take a family of 5 on a week long ski trip in Aspen. LOL! That is a real wallet destroyer.

November 27, 2011 at 1:57 p.m.

• Staying home and watching an event at home is really the best seat you will ever have with replays and commercials that you can use for grabbing a quick break. Besides look at all the savings. Sometimes the fans make games special, but I am having second thoughts about attending.

November 27, 2011 at 10:52 a.m.

• WOW!!! Didn't realize it was THAT bad!

November 27, 2011 at 8:29 a.m.