Comments

• Mike..."Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all the radical Muslims wearing traditional American clothing when our country was attacked and during several failed attempts"

Mike, you are quite correct. But, then, until 9-11, I didn't know that I shouldn't trust them. Since they're cowards who don't wear military uniforms and they hide among the innocent and make war on civilians, there is no way to tell the good from the bad until it's too late. I don't care what people think of me -- I'll err on the side of not trusting anyone I know is a muslim until I know him to be trustworthy. I only know two muslim people and I'm not actively looking to meet more.

May 4, 2012 at 8:13 p.m.

• I am overjoyed that we are having multiple topics as we go from one to another. I would hope that it may brings us to realize that in most cases we are not that far apart on what we want for this country and for our children, etc. I can see us having a civil round table discussion. We must agree to disagree and still respect one another. This nation was not built on one belief but on the premise that we are independent thinkers in making the U.S. a greater nation. I wish congress would give this an honest attempt.

May 3, 2012 at 9:54 p.m.

• Not too late but some are really close to the edge...................

May 3, 2012 at 9:47 p.m.

• Too late.

May 3, 2012 at 8:34 p.m.

• On this remarkable blog discussing race I may have to recalibrate the degree of dislike I have for some issues or posters. I will not move to the dark side and embrace hate. Sorry.

May 3, 2012 at 8:20 p.m.

• What is the difference jn "disliking" a person and "hating" a person.

The degree of dislike? If a person says they "strongly dislike" someone is that close to hating them?.

vet wrote I have felt from the first time I heard her speak her core belief is based on "Me first".

That is strictly a personal opinion, and we all know what they say about them,

The several million who buy her books and watch her lectures and put their money where their mouth is evidently don't agree with this opinion. Their good opinion is making her a very rich lady.

I don't understand the reference to lottery tickets. People buy them in hopes of winning a much larger sum than the price of the ticket. I don't think the persons who pay to attend Palin's lectures and buy her books are not trying to win anything they are going to enjoy hearing Palin express her views on the state of the nation etc.

May 3, 2012 at 7:07 p.m.

• It’s truly amazing me how some people have this great love affair with this President.

They never talk about how this President has managed to create a 5 trillion dollar debt in 3 years; it took Bush 8 years to create a 4 trillion dollar debt.

You never hear about the 149,000 new government employees or why.

You never hear them say anything why Obama complains about oil companies when they employ 9 million.

Obama complains about the wealthy, and they need to pay more taxes, but you never hear them complain about the 49% that pay little or no taxes at all.

You never hear them say anything about all of the GREEN Energy failures that have cost the taxpayer hundreds of millions.

They complained about waterboarding, but not one word is said about Drones flying into other countries killing people and even a U.S. citizen.

But if someone cuts a tree down or puts a Cross up or someone pees in the water, they will go totally bonkers.

They could care less about our national debt and that we borrowing 40 cents on every dollar to pay for entitlements.

So if these folks want more of Obama they better dang well get ready to dig in their pockets books, because major tax increases are on the way.

May 3, 2012 at 6:56 p.m.

• vet43

That's a good summation on Afghanistan and we are still on course to withdraw more troops this year and the next. then we will go to what Joe Biden wanted all alone..A smaller footprint of special forces..The players who resisted that,secretary Bob Gates and General Petraeus (now at CIA) are no longer in a position to make a big difference...As I understand it, the 2024 commitment is not firm because it's continence will depend on the will of Congress,after all they still control the purse strings. And they will have that role in 2013,2017,2021 and beyond.

After reading "Obama's War" by Bob Woodward I have a feeling that this president wanted to meet face-to-face with those he was signing this important treaty with and take his own ground level assertion of how things were really going...His haters will always repeat the constant drip of negativity they see and hear from their filtered media.
    The republican leadership blamed the president for the low polls numbers on Afghanistan because he wasn't doing enough to sell it. The president didn't inform them of his trip,so now the underlings are scrambling around trying to find negative things to say because their leadership commended the president.

May 3, 2012 at 4:22 p.m.

• First, I must apologize to Bob for going so far off thread.

In a very real sense I hope everybody here at home looked into the faces of the young men and women reaching out to shake the President's hand. What race did I see? None. All I saw were brave American Service men and women in camouflage.

May 3, 2012 at 3:49 p.m.

• Just to be clear. I stated my dislike for Mrs. Palin based on her abandoning the elected office of Governor with the express purpose of monetary gain. I never stated I hated her or anyone else. That hate "thingy" (as my sweet granddaughter says) is some other folk's crutch.

As far as the many that feel the need to support her pay raise with buying books and going to the speeches please go in good health. But the fact is your hard earned dollars are better invested in lottery tickets.
    How about a $50 Rolex?

Regarding the Presidents trip and speech from Afghanistan, I feel that because of the 10+ years we have invested in the region it is our best option. There is no way the US and our allies standing with us can chunk everything in the back of a truck and "book" out of there. If we had stayed in Afghanistan and finished the job instead of catching the Chaney/Halliburton express to Iraq I think we would be home and have a few billion $'s in the treasury that did not need to be spent.

I am extremely proud of the young men and women in uniform that have given so much for our nation reaching out to the Commander in Chief in respect. God bless the men and women in uniform, our Veterans past and present, and the United States of America.

May 3, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.

• Like the Energizer bunny, it just keeps on going and going and going.......

May 3, 2012 at 3:30 p.m.

• Cattleman.

Please........!!!! The sword cuts both ways and you know it. You don't have all the sense.

Mr. J. Williams

May 3, 2012 at 3:01 p.m.

• Writin - since you are probably talking about me - I didn't quote out of context- it is very true!

I will put in my words:
    I refuse to match wits with an unarmed person.

May 3, 2012 at 2:58 p.m.

• Bloomington

Let me say ........ Politics is personal in some cases. Second, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. How many times on this God forsaken site, I was called racist, Marxist, stupid, illetrate, among other things for my views or my support of the President?? Huh can you answer that? Oh I though so......!!

Mr. J. Williams

May 3, 2012 at 2:57 p.m.

• No one said Palin was going to hell. They just had opinions.

I don't understand why someone would feel the need to take up the imagined offenses of a stranger.

May 3, 2012 at 2:47 p.m.

• Rebecca wrote" If all you are is an extension of your politics, then when people argue your politics, you think it is a personal attack. "Also wrote Not everyone is here just to fight about politics
    Right on Rebecca but many are on here to fight about political views. The hate expressed on here for Palin is amazing. Not only hate for her but hate and insults to her supporters and defenders. One described them as thousands of screw loose people .

Mathew 7 New International
    “7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. to you.”2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured

I don't know what measure was being used to judge Palin's resign as worst than Blogo felony offense. the measure being applied by vet on here is evidently complely different for a Dem or Rep. Of course he is being measured by Repub on here by the same type he applies to them

May 3, 2012 at 2:44 p.m.

• Vetl...I join you in the hope that American troops will be brought home safely and with honor. Where I have to disagree is that while, yes, presidents do visit troops in war zones, in THIS case, the re-election campaign cycle is running and the president didn't go over to visit with the troops and pass out medals. This was a campaign trip that included signing a pact with the Afghan president to make it official business. The pact could have been signed in Washington -- the two countries do have ambassadors. The television address to the voters was the main reason for the trip and it was a "re-elect me speech" delivered from half-way around the world.

And, what did the president say? He bragged that he was responsible for the killing of bin Laden. He also said that he was bringing the troops home -- except for those that will be in Afghanistan for yet ANOTHER DECADE. That is hardly ending our involvment. If anything, it places American lives in greater danger because the Afghans will be in charge of any fighting. How many more American servicemen and women will be wounded and killed by someone wearing an Afghan uniform? We cannot trust or depend on Afghan "soldiers."

May 3, 2012 at 2:43 p.m.

• Bloomington.

Since Mary Ann’s name have bought up. None of you know her, second she doesn’t engaged in Character assassinations like many of you on here.

Mr. J. Williams

May 3, 2012 at 2:34 p.m.

• I love it how people take the Bible quotes out of context.

May 3, 2012 at 2:30 p.m.

• Bloomington..."So Sen Obama sold out the ILL voters who sent him to the US Senate to move to a more lucrative street corner."

Now you're catching on. Yes, he found a better paying gig. The sad part of THIS deal is that, unlike Palin, we are ALL paying for BO's new hustle. At least Palin is getting her money from people who voluntarily send her cash.

May 3, 2012 at 2:08 p.m.

• vet is this a particular fund of which you are writing? Does this fund concern Palin? Personally I have never seen a fund to her? Have you?

May 3, 2012 at 11:18 a.m.

• Writein, I say this in a helpful way, meaning no harm: please read my words again, and work on your reading comprehension. I said, "Sorry, writein, my bad. I forgot it's always all about you."

Do you understand what I wrote? I said it is all about you. I didn't say it wasn't. You get it now?

Thank you for proving my point.

May 3, 2012 at 10:54 a.m.

• swww,

It truly is a sign of the Apocalypse where we agree on a subject. I do respect your position on many issues. What I find so saddening is the number of people that can't differentiate between campaign funds and simple procurement of wealth. Without question there are many folks with varying opinions and reasons for sending their hard earned money to a person or a group that promotes their beliefs. In this case these people are saying it is OK to turn your back on those that helped you achieve your status and here is money that says I agree with your behavior.

May 3, 2012 at 10:52 a.m.

• When I read one of Mary Ann’s posting I see her deep belief in her faith. The more and more I see of the postings of the true believing Democrats on here I see the same type deep belief in the tenants of the Democrat party. But there is no room for disagreement in these beliefs. Included in these Democrat beliefs are that no heretical views should be tolerated. Limbaugh, Reilly, Hannity and now Palin seems to be the latest heretic who must be totally denied. They are considered to be “False Prophets” and their views must be totally denied. The LW Democrats on here fear them and their views as the Spanish Inquisition feared heretics The true believing Democrats frequently post the results of polls but the ones they post seem to always agreed with which ever chapter verse of the Holy Writs of the Democrat talking points being talked about. Maybe they are unhappy with Palin because one poster very unhappy with Palin on here wrote something about her finding some Mother's load. Load of what was not specified

May 3, 2012 at 10:44 a.m.

• Proverbs 9:8
    Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you;
    rebuke a wise man and he will love you.

May 3, 2012 at 10:37 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 3, 2012 at 8:39 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 3, 2012 at 8:38 a.m.

• I'm a Republican, I haven't received any hate for that. If all you are is an extension of your politics, then when people argue your politics, you think it is a personal attack. Not everyone is a flat character. Not everyone is here just to fight about politics.

May 3, 2012 at 8:37 a.m.

• itisi,
    We all watch the Democrat love fest carried out here by the 4 or 5 members from the Victoria chapter of the RHC (Republican Hate Club).

Double standards obviously don't apply... in their minds.

This group has been recruiting for years, so far it's been a pretty dismal
    effort. When hate is the high point of a groups promotion, it's tough to find new members.

We all know who the president of this local chapter is right?

May 3, 2012 at 8:34 a.m.

• Vet, I just loved your comment…

“It is not an election fund. It is for her own use. I never said she lacked intelligence. I question the intelligence of people that send her massive amounts of money. Her agenda is to help no one but herself. Those people have got a screw loose.”

The humor of it; what about all of those melted emotions of donations that have been sent to president Obama? Maybe a little hypocrisy is in order for that comment. Then again just another liberal double standard…

May 3, 2012 at 7:39 a.m.

• So far as I know there is no "Make Sarah Rich Fund" Her funds are coming from speaking jobs,books(big sellers) TV shows, public appearances etc. As much as it hurt to have to admit she is a big star on that circuit. Talent agencies list her as one of their top people. She works in the land of produce or stay at the house. And you can slice it dice it or hang it on the wall she is still a big seller. And undoubtedly has the bank account to prove it. Just make some on here want to puke when they think and writer about how they are so much smarter than her. Sourest grapes in the history of man

May 2, 2012 at 10:59 p.m.

• Oh. Bazinger! Please continue to send your money to the "Make Sarah Rich Fund".

May 2, 2012 at 9:57 p.m.

• So Sen Obama sold out the ILL voters who sent him to the US Senate to move to a more lucrative street corner.

What kind of value system would not rate a conviction of a felony crime above a politician who resigned a Governor job.?

May 2, 2012 at 9:48 p.m.

• And now we know that there is a rating system for crooked politicians. I remember the first inducted into the hall of fame. Spiro Agnew. A real sweetheart.

Difference between Rod an Sarah is he was a crook and took money under the table. Sarah sold out her voters to find a more lucrative street corner.

May 2, 2012 at 9:19 p.m.

• Yeah Sarah Palin is the worst. LOL!

I guess no one ever heard of Rod Blagojevich? This clown Blagojevich isn't fit to clean Sarah Palins toilets.

Yeah, Sarah is a real mean nasty person. You people are funny.

May 2, 2012 at 8:52 p.m.

• Jason Bourne.
    No I wasn’t even in San Antonio. What does that have to do with the topic besides making yourself look important?

May 2, 2012 at 8:01 p.m.

• Sugar magnolia.

If it wasn’t all about me, then how come your friend made a blog with 3 sequels starring me? I’m just asking.

Mr. J. Williams

May 2, 2012 at 7:58 p.m.

• DANG!!! Stop the presses. Mark the calendars. I agree with Vet about Palin. Running for and being elected to the governorship of any state is a big deal, requiring much effort and, one would think, is something a person would want passionately. A person would need the backing of countless people and most of those probably gave you money because they believed in you. To simply wake up and decide she can make a fortune doing something else is beyond reprehensible. No one would have cared if she'd waited til her term was up and not run for re-election.. What she did is unforgiveable. Of course, with the amount of money she's made, I'm guessin' she doesn't care what people think of her. She can laugh all the way to the bank. I'm almost surprised she didn't take the milliion bucks to pose nekkid for...what, Hustler? Playboy?... one of the magazines that like to print pictures of famous women without their clothes.

May 2, 2012 at 7:05 p.m.

• LOL, that's a good one Rebecca, Bravo!

May 2, 2012 at 5:54 p.m.

• Vet, this solves the mystery of who is to blame for Legion's jammed washing machine.

May 2, 2012 at 5:13 p.m.

• It is not an election fund. It is for her own use. I never said she lacked intelligence. I question the intelligence of people that send her massive amounts of money. Her agenda is to help no one but herself. Those people have got a screw loose.

May 2, 2012 at 5:09 p.m.

• "" Lets just Whsay incapable of developing rational thought without a clue to understanding the logic and reasoning required for cognitive mental process."
    Mrs Palin has obviously developed enough cognitive mental process to develop completely thoughts that have proved to be completely rational about how much people will pay to hear her lecture, or buy her book

I am sure Mrs Palin will be be disturbed by this criticism in an obscure forum in a small newspaper from an anonymous poster. . Also by this one" Her fund is better known as her pocket book." What is lesser known name of this fund?
    Also Known by whom as her pocket book? Palin is not a candidate for any office. In spite of her detractors who constantly run her down because they don't agree with her views she is very much in demand and commands high prices as a speaker. No pretense of financing any election fund.

From ABC News
    “Since leaving office at the end of July 2009, the 2008 dumb ol girl eh Republican vice presidential nominee has brought in at least 100 times her old salary – a haul now estimated at more than $12 million -- through television and book deals and a heavy schedule of speaking appearances worth five and six figures.
    She reputedly got a $7 million deal for her first book, with the bulk of that money due after her resignation as governor, and will earn about $250,000 per episode, according to the web site The Daily Beast, for each of eight episodes of a reality show about Alaska for the The Learning Channel. She has managed to keep a lid on reliable figures for her earnings from a multi-year contract with Fox News and a second book deal with HarperCollins.

May 2, 2012 at 5 p.m.

• vet43
    I agree with your sentiments about the president's trip yesterday; in this election year it left the Republican Party stunned... What can they do go after the president and lose any hope of getting any independents?

I pay very little attention to those who use multiple aliases, and oftentimes to agree with themselves. They then sneak back until they are caught again. They try and poke fun at posters, saying that they take themselves too serious but don't look at their tactics of using multiple aliases.

I use our forum's alarm feature every time I get an email or a post on my blog. I got that alarm last night on my Tryvon Martin blog, looked that the posters name and immediately sent it to the wastebasket where it belonged without reading the contents...By your post, it was just more of the same.

As for Sarah Palin, like George Bush, she was not curious and I didn't get this anyone on the left, this came from their colleagues. Steve Scmidt,McCain's campaign manager, said this of Palin “if you look at, over the last four years, all of the deficiencies in knowledge, all the deficiencies in preparedness, she’s done not one thing to rectify them, to correct them. She has become a person who I think is filled with grievance, filled with anger who has a divisive message for the national stage when we need leaders in both parties to have a unifying message"

But her version of Paul Revere's ride was hilarious.

May 2, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.

• Bloomington,

Mrs. Palin turned her back on the people that voted for her out of pure greed. Her fund is better known as her pocket book. As far as her supporters intellect I think the rabid response encountered when anyone questions her integrity is a strong indication of just how brain washed the tea smokers have become. P.T Barnum had a saying regarding her followers. She hit the mother load because Beck dropped out of Fox's "A" team of dream weavers.

Maybe "stupid" was a bit harsh. Lets just say incapable of developing rational thought without a clue to understanding the logic and reasoning required for cognitive mental process.

Regarding Fox Communications I think the integrity of the owner Rupert Murdock speaks volumes. The poster child for corrupt publishing.

May 2, 2012 at 12:38 p.m.

• So Vet considers anyone who supports Pallin to be "gullible true believers" and are stupid. I don't believe Palin's compensation from Fox would be considered "fund raising" with Fox. She is a paid employee. Fox evidently thinks she brings in enough listeners, advertisers to warrant that pay. Would it surprise Vet to know that many on here probably consider his views to be "stupid"? The execs at Fox who hired Palin are probably many things but their record for having Fox No 1 cable shows that "stupid" is not one of them. "Palin scamming" people out of money with so called fund raising? First where is Palin "fund raising" and for what purpose is this fund raising purported to be?

May 2, 2012 at 11:40 a.m.

• I don't think Sarah Palin is a "nut job". I think she is a person that turned her back on the people that elected her to her office so she could scam "nut jobs" out of money. When I think of her "fund raising" to enhance her personal wealth from gullible true believers my first thought is "She has found a way to turn stupid into gold".

May 2, 2012 at 10:24 a.m.

• Mike,

I watched President Obama's speech with great pride for our military and our will as a nation to do the right thing. Out of curiosity I watched Fox News afterword and noticed they were somewhat subdued. There were several commentators that "hinted" at a political motive but I believe the GOP leadership expressed some positive comments regarding the trip and signing the agreement. I for one would love to see our troops brought out of harms way but I fear that in the world as it is today that will never happen.

I also have observed in the thread there are several posted that scream about being called "Racist" then tell a story of being called a racist name. They also seem to find every news article that portrays whites as always the victim and blacks the bad guy. For some reason they want to keep score on who did what to whom so they can prove they are superior to "those" people.

I would give anything if the planet would be invaded by little green men for outer space and all of humanity could finally become single source bigots.

May 2, 2012 at 10:13 a.m.

• Bloomington, be careful your posts are being saved for future use against you. LOL!

Some folks consider this opinion having very serious business.

I assure you with the comments that do not praise the efforts of our President, you are being targeted. LMAO!

BTW, I'm a racist.

May 2, 2012 at 10:07 a.m.

• I noticed that in Obama's speech in Afganland one thing that President Obama did not mention. Sure the President got a good reception from a room full of what were probably hand picked and had ORDERS to cheer the President or else. Been there. Done that

In his speech last night the president noted the more than a half-million Americans who've served in Afghanistan. But in remarks that Obama wanted focused on an optimistic end to the conflict, he failed to mention the 1,957 Americans who've died there since 2001, 68% of them during his presidency. And 93 in the last 122 days.

May 2, 2012 at 9:51 a.m.

• Mark?

May 2, 2012 at 9:38 a.m.

• Someone commented on Joe Biden's alleged flakiness by writing "He's has the respect of the president as a trusted ally "

Of course John Edwards evidently had the respect of the writer and the entire Democrat party. Palin a nut job? Depends on the view of which straight party view the beholder is sworn to uphold.. Nut job enough to capitalize on her fame and make millions from her so call nuttiness.

May 2, 2012 at 9:37 a.m.

• Writein

I wouldn't be scared if I saw someone from the Middle East wearing their traditional clothing getting on the flight I'm booked on because I have seen it before 911 and after... Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't all the radical Muslims wearing traditional American clothing when our country was attacked and during several failed attempts?.... We been all over that when Juan Williams said the words that unjustly got him fired at NPR.... In today's world, it is perfectly acceptable to be scared of the unknown because I understand that we are not all alike in our fears, anger, paranoia or whatnot.

May 2, 2012 at 9:31 a.m.

• vet43 said "jwharrison,So you consider yourself a duddihead? You must be proud.
    Yes he is because he has posted these remarks "0bama birth documented in Hawaii. Kind of like the ages of the Chinese Olympic gymnasts was documented. You can make up any paper you want after the fact if you want it bad enough"....So, not only does he embrace racism; he’s a "birther.".... I have never written anything that would embarrass me.... if it was re-posted.

According to dictionaries I looked at; a racist is "A person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all other"...Those are the people that cling to the accident of birth as their single greatest achievement...I standby by statement” I am not a racist."....Now, I have said that all of us are born with a bias and a prejudice (which is very different) of which I acknowledge, but I certainly don't embrace it...Racism is plain ignorance.

The president's trip to Afghanistan was something to see, the soldiers pushing their way to glad hand their Commander in Chief. I know that angered the haters, so they probably switched it to Fox so they wouldn't have to see that. These people weren't discussed when then lame duck President George W. Bush went to Afghanistan to sign the "Status of Forces Agreement" on Dec.14,2008,yep that was only 4 months after our financial collapse...I bet the 10 "Purple Heart" recipients were thrilled to receive them from their Commander in Chief... Of course, politics were involved because for the next six months every time the president eats a hamburger from Joe's Hamburger Joint, it will be considered political. The politics were remarkable because neocons like John McCain, Lindsey Graham, and Joe Lieberman applauded the president. What's Mitt Romney going to do, run to the right of a president who just announced a commitment until 2024?

May 2, 2012 at 9:15 a.m.

• Sorry, writein, my bad. I forgot it's always all about you.

I certainly won't make that mistake of talking to a brick wall again. I have better things to do with my time; seriously, I do.

May 2, 2012 at 7:54 a.m.

• Oh it wasn't the name calling that had me upset, it was that they were blocking the path to my seat.

Hey writein, were you at a sporting event in San Antonio this weekend?

May 2, 2012 at 3:59 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 2, 2012 at 1:54 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

May 1, 2012 at 10:44 p.m.

• Well I am glad that you had a good day and sorry that somebody made a racist remark to you .

May 1, 2012 at 10:41 p.m.

• You keep thinking thats made up if it helps you feel better redbull. I don't care. I was there and watched and heard it all.

It was great fun and confirmed some of those deep seated racist thoughts I carry around all day. LOL!

I didn't even think about that... Not a cuss word was uttered. I have to admit I thought a few of them.

Aside from that little issue, I had a fantastic day. I'm not about to let some piece of garbage ruin my day.

May 1, 2012 at 10:17 p.m.

• Jasonbourne took you a min to make that one up . Lol just don't sound rough enough for me no cuss words ? Are you sure they were black people are SouthAmericans acting black ?

May 1, 2012 at 10:09 p.m.

• Jw Harrison please !!!!

May 1, 2012 at 9:57 p.m.

• Thanks, jw for stepping up to the plate and clearing all the muddied water here. In life and this comment board it is usally those screaming "not me, I would never do that" that are the worst of the lot.

The other day I went to a sporting event in San Antonio. I stood behind a group of black folks for no less than 3 minutes waiting to get through the small entrance to my seat. They were just standing there talking and blocking the entrance. I moved from side to side saying excuse me and none of them even gave me a second glance. Finally one of them accidentally left a gap open enough for me to try and slide through. As I was sneaking through the 45ish year old man said, "Hey whitey, you going to cheat and cut in front of the black people". Please note that is an exact quote. My first thought could be considered racist. My response was, "Please ya'll go ahead". His reply, "You damn right".

I love it when chance results in me meeting another piece of garbage. Sadly, I think that makes me a racist. Darn the luck.

May 1, 2012 at 9:54 p.m.

• jwharrison,

So you consider yourself a duddihead? You must be proud.

May 1, 2012 at 9:47 p.m.

• SWWW,

The Presedent and Commander in Chief met with our service men and women and as I recall every President has in my lifetime (lived long but not so much profit) and I respect and support his actions. And it appears that a majority of the GOP agrees.

God bless the President and the brave men and women in uniform of the United States of Ameica and bring them home save and with honor.

May 1, 2012 at 9:42 p.m.

• Guy, you should embrace it. Racist is the new duddi head. The left is using the Racist moniker to try and quite criticism of their ideas. I love it. Call me a racist. They have finally played that card one too many times. I don't care anymore. If being a racist means differing from the current administration on policy, then I am a racist....

May 1, 2012 at 9:30 p.m.

• Waywardwind.

So accordingly to you and JasonBourne that we should all embraced our prejudices? We all have prejudices, but that doesn’t mean we should embrace those feelings. No, I am not scared of a group of Muslims in traditional wear in a bus, a plane, or walking down the street.

May 1, 2012 at 8:56 p.m.

• Writein...the last time I was on a jury (I was foreman) we convicted a pregnant crack dealer in what the ADA said might have been record time. I like being on a jury. It is one of the few times, other than voting, that citizens are able to participate directly in government.

I don't hate all muslims. I know two and they're fine people. I readily admit that I am prejudiced against ALL muslims in the middle east. I have been since September 11, 2001. I do not apologize for that. I'll tell you what, J; if you get onto a bus, train or airliner and there are a half-dozen guys with their four-day beards, dressed in traditional muslim clothing and these guys are getting onto the same bus, train or airliner as you and you don't feel nervous, I'll admit you are a better man than I, Gunga Din. I, on the other hand, might decide to take the trip the next day.

By the way, thank you for reminding me about the idiot basketball player. I honestly had forgotten all about him. I'm NOT surprised that it still eats at your craw, though. I do have serious doubts about the sincerity with which he holds (held?) his purported religion as I also have doubts about the sincerity of probably 99% of the people in the U.S. who claim they are muslum but were not born into the faith. Note here, J, that this is MY opinion. I make no claims that all those people are not actively sincere, but I state categorically that is my opinion. Remember, j, opinions are like certain bodily orifices -- everybody has'em. But enough of this muslim brovo sierra.

Honestly, I believe everyone has some prejudices in them whether they admit it or not, they're present. Even YOU, J. GASP! Say it ain't so. Yeah, J, even you have your prejudices.

Oh, and J, you don't have to hint around in your posts about me. I know you meant me in your post to Mike. Heck, Mike knew, so you have my permission to use thewaywardwind instead of hinting.

May 1, 2012 at 8:31 p.m.

• Big Horny called somebody what ? Maybe it's another Horn but I see Mike is still here after all these years .

May 1, 2012 at 8:29 p.m.

• Waywardwind.

Uh oh, nothing. What is more threatening is that someone, like you, serving on a jury.

You can keep that “I don’t know” cluelessness to yourself. There is a difference between making up an opinion and making up facts. Everything you said what I said is very true and I still hold those feelings. You don’t understand why a person get mad? How clueless can you be? If someone said “I hate this group of people”, don’t you think someone would get mad? When you talked about Muslim American soldiers, which is not just some random opinion. That is an opinion to brush everyone who belongs to that group as evil, as terrorist and criminal. You should be ashamed of yourself. Don’t act cute with me and try to play victim. Those were your words, not mine or anyone else’s.

May 1, 2012 at 8:04 p.m.

• Writein..."Wait a second, how can you talk about things not affecting you, but this is???? Come on….this is a prime example of what I am talking about."

I don't know what you're talking about. I write about things all the time that don't directly affect me. The killing in Sanford doesn't affect me, but I wrote, expressing an opinion. That's what this forum IS, J. A place where people can express OPINIONS, whether the topic directly affects any or all of us or not. What I don't understand is why YOU get so mad when someone expresses an opinion with which you don't agree. Heck, you've told me to shut up and told me that you hate me, and all because I expressed an opinion you didn't like. I find it funny that YOU complain about people wanting to have you banned. I've never read a comment like that, but, I'll accept your word for it.

May 1, 2012 at 7:52 p.m.

• Mike.
    I can only think of two or three posters who made that statement about grouping all Muslims, one of them just mention the President’s visit to Afghanistan. Here is another double standard I see. How can one person writes a blog condemning a Dallas Basketball player for bashing White America, but yet he does the same to Muslim Americans? You see my point? Yet people like them play victim, when someone said enough is enough to the crap.

May 1, 2012 at 7:46 p.m.

• Writein..."People better be careful because what they say will be used against them."

Uh Oh. Is that a threat? Are you gonna play the comment history card, J?

May 1, 2012 at 7:40 p.m.

• Waywardwind.,

Your whole purpose much like JasonBourne’s to distract the discussion. First of all this has nothing to do with the topic. Second signing a agreement and security Pact is the business of the American people, whether you like it or not. Why won’t you take the time to write a blog. Wait a second, how can you talk about things not affecting you, but this is???? Come on….this is a prime example of what I am talking about.

May 1, 2012 at 7:38 p.m.

• Sugar.

Ok Sugar. I am also trying to making a point and people on here think I am playing the race card. Do you see the double standard? I do. That double standard is based on naiveté, their prejudice, and lack of honestly.

Since when bringing up an issue in a nearby county is stirring the pot? Since when bringing up the fact that one person’s mistrusts of All American Muslims is considered being anti-American? Since when being anti-Israeli foreign policy makes one the Anti-Christ? People better be careful because what they say will be used against them. I will NOT apologize to any man, woman, or child for calling people out for their offensive statements. In order to be bullied, one party has to be 100% innocent. Most I wrangled on here with are dishonest pure and simple.
    While you are thinking about answering my questions above allow me to answer yours. I find it silly to say “is it the white half or the black half that I want voted out come November”. Here is an example of the victim card, “my problem is that because Obama is half-white and half-black (or have we so soon forgotten), when I disagree with him, which half am I disagreeing with?”

Let me say this too. I do not have a problem with you Sugar, but your friend and ally I do majorly. No woman, no matter how bad or good she is, deserves to be called the SALLY HELMINGS OF VICAD. You know which person who was referred to as that. But according to you I am a “minor” problem for pointing that out. That is like shooting the messenger.

May 1, 2012 at 7:31 p.m.

• Mike..."... his most important function is Commander in Chief where he has enormous discretion."

Yeppers...he flew half-way around the world and stayed seven whole hours in Afghanistan to give a campaign speech to the folks back home. BUT, so that it would billed as an official trip and not a campaign trip, he visited with the president of Afghanistan and signed an agreement stating that we would still be there ten years after the last of the troops are pulled out. By doing that, the taxpayers will pick up the cost of the trip and not the DNC because it was official and important government business, dontchaknow.

"He ended his lightning visit with the speech delivered straight to the television camera — and the voters he was trying to reach back home." http://www.chron.com/news/article/Oba...

What? He couldn't make a speech from the Oval Office or the East Room? He certainly had no qualms about opening up the Situation Room to
    count coup over the Bin Laden killing. Look how much money it would have saved. Oh, wait. He only wants US to cut back on travel and unnecessary spending. It doesn't bother HIM to spend our money like it was water. He tells us to not go to Las Vegas and HE goes to Afghanistan for a campaign whistle stop.

May 1, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.

• There are also an even smaller number of people that have extremely overactive imaginations.

You can think whatever you want... or maybe based on your last post it's not really good to be thinking right now.

Here read it again without trying to read anything into it that doesn't exist...."I figured Munoz got called a racist by someone and in an effort to show how silly it is to be called racist, I pointed out that many have been called that just for disagreeing with the President."

If I were a guy like you that tried to bully other commentors by telling them you will show everyone their old comments, I would probably have an overactive imagination too. There is nothing there bashing the President, nothing there bashing you, and nothing there bashing racisits.

You take care now and try to have fun

Everyone is a little racist, saying you aren't may make you feel better but deep down inside where people can't see, we are.

May 1, 2012 at 5:49 p.m.

• i'm not referring to anyone specifically, but i think the whole of Southern Texas is a pretty racist area of the US (homophobic, too).

May 1, 2012 at 3:56 p.m.

• writein

I agree we have to face reality at one time or another or else we have to admit we live in a superficial country. We can police ourselves or masquerade as something else in this forum but we have ~310 million people in the U.S. and about 170 million of them are eligible voters; we are but a small part of a national problem..... It's no secret as to why Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are campaigning for the president in West Virginia, North Carolina, and parts of Ohio and Pennsylvania, if you can read between the lines.

I don't have to get defensive about being called a racist because I'm not..End of story.

Do you remember when a poster said that he grouped all Muslims as one, unless they collectively and actively condemn the terrorist? What if that was reversed?

As I stated before, Bob Munoz, used 393 words to introduce himself to the forum and reiterate that he's not a racist and not one of the 393 words he wrote included the president of the United States. It’s a shame that he felt he had to do that because it’s obvious he is not a racist. This thread went in to immediately discuss President Obama..Why?

There will always be a small percentage of people who want to stir the pot but they can’t force us to pay attention to them. Some people like to jerk your chain and see you react. It’s their way of having fun but you have the ability of denying them of that.

May 1, 2012 at 2 p.m.

• Writein - how am I playing victim? I am most definitely not a victim, nor have I ever portrayed myself as such.

I'm simply making a point. I'm posting here on Bob Munoz's blog with my take on things. I'm sure if he doesn't want me here, he will let me know. Otherwise, I'm sure I can post where I please.

Reporter? I have said nothing about a reporter here.

I don't even understand what I said that may be construed as silly. Could you enlighten me? If it was the pink with purple polka dots, yeah, that's a little lighthearted, but I'm serious in saying that I really don't care about the color of a person, but am interested in their viewpoint, and will agree or disagree with a person based on espoused beliefs, not on their color.

How much clearer can I make that? And how is that playing victim?

May 1, 2012 at 1:38 p.m.

• There were many reasons I voted for President Obama. The 2 at the top of the list were:

1. John McCain is honorable but I feared his health might fail.

2. Sarah Palin.

May 1, 2012 at 1:06 p.m.

• Sugar.

Some of your comments are downright silly. You are playing victim and for what? Is the problem, the general issue of the President and race or is it your general dislike of a certain VicAd Reporter?

I have questions which no one wants to honestly. Alot of folks, even those who are Republican, can see B.S. in certain words. First...the issue is he's not a citizen, then its he forcing Islam on America, next they said his wife said F the American flag, then they attack his kids, and now he doesn't deserved credit to knock off Osama. I like others have drawn a conclusion based on those factors above. It has nothing to do with his politics. You take it or leave it, thats how I feel.

Mr.J. Williams

May 1, 2012 at 1:04 p.m.

• Mike.

Thank you for the history lesson. Some of these fools on here think I voted for Obama primarily because he is black. It doesn't matter if the three other candidates were Black because I can't stand either one of them. I find it interesting that this blog is now about President Obama's race rather then the real issue of BIG HORN calling the writer racist like a coward.

Mr. J. Williams

May 1, 2012 at 12:45 p.m.

• And, yeah, yeah, I know it should be "I COULDN'T care less" for the grammar and spelling nuts out there (and I freely admit I am one!)...Point is, I really couldn't give less of a flying fig what color a person is. Any point of contention (or agreement) with a person, at least on my part, is not BECAUSE OF THE PERSON and certainly not BECAUSE OF THE COLOR. When people attempt to paint a person as "racist" or "prejudiced" just because they may disagree with a person of another color or culture, I believe that characterization is disingenuous and suspect from the start, so I cannot possibly take anything else they say seriously.

May 1, 2012 at 11:42 a.m.

• That was exactly my point, vet43, although made in a somewhat facetious way on my part.

I could care less what color our current president is, what his racial background may be, or what he eats for breakfast. When I disagree with him, or really anyone, I hope that people would realize it is a disagreement with one's politics, views, or ideology etc. and not with the PERSON.

You have succintly expressed the gist of my post.

May 1, 2012 at 11:31 a.m.

• SugarMagnolia,

I do not know you so I can not comment as to your feeling regarding being a racist. While the blog is about being racist maybe we all need to stop identifying a person as being a _______, ________, ________ and stick to just he/she is a person with a opposing/agreeing position.

May 1, 2012 at 11:06 a.m.

• butwiser

It is true, most vote straight ticket and only about 6% are truly independent. For example, your party's nominee is not well liked by the base or the established republicans but they will vote for him based on ideology and they trust that a GOP Congress will keep him in check.

The president does not submit bills, Congress does but his most important function is Commander in Chief where he has enormous discretion. For example,if Obama wins and the GOP retains the house and overtakes the senate;the president will have limited power except for his role as Commander in Chief. ..If he a strong charismatic person with high approval ratings,then he will have strong coattails to set an agenda.

What the person stands for and damage they will do is always subjective.

May 1, 2012 at 9:32 a.m.

• writein

I understand where you're coming from but those black candidates,Cynthia McKinney,Alan Keyes, and Al Sharpton were all unelectable from the get go. Ms McKinney belonged to a minor militant party, Alan Keyes was just a white Rick Santorum, and Al Sharpton reminded me of Newt Gingrich; along for the ride.

In 2008, the democratic primaries went from Iowa, to New Hampshire, and then to South Carolina. Hillary Clinton had the black vote up to the last date of the primaries in Iowa. African Americans in South Carolina were supporting Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama because they didn't think Obama was electable. Barack Obama won Iowa (95% white) he then had new hope in South Carolina. Remember how Bill Clinton got all the flack from the black voters in South Carolina by saying that Jesse Jackson's victory there was insignificant...Point is, I think people vote for people they are comfortable with and stand a chance of getting elected.

May 1, 2012 at 9:17 a.m.

• See, jasonbourne and vet43, my problem is that because Obama is half-white and half-black (or have we so soon forgotten), when I disagree with him, which half am I disagreeing with? Because, truly, I have been called "prejudiced" for disagreeing with Obama, even though if he were pink with purple polka dots I would dislike his policies all the same. I wish somebody could tell me, because I'm danged confused now. According to so many, I simply cannot be disagreeing with his policies or his stance. No, it all comes down to race.

So, is it the white half or the black half that I want voted out come November? Even though he appears black on the outside, he sure parallels one of our whitest prezes, Carter, in ideology. Jeez, I'm so perplexed....

I wish I knew what half I was racist against, if I am racist at all.

May 1, 2012 at 8:25 a.m.

• Butwiser.

I cannot see myself voting for Joe Biden for President. In fact, I can’t vote for anyone who been in office years in Washington before I was born. In 2008, it would have between Obama and John Edwards. Thank God, that slime ball (Edwards) never became President.

May 1, 2012 at 1:38 a.m.

• Waywardwind.

Here is the answer. Yes I will support president Obama for a second term. First Osama is dead; second the American Traitor in Yemen dead, not going to with War with Iran, his College loans agenda, and that he P’ssed off the same people I hate (Glenn Beck, Michael Barry etc). Does that answer satisfy you? I strongly doubt it.

May 1, 2012 at 1:29 a.m.

• Writein,

I don't agree that Sarah is nut job. Irritating yes. Sort of like finger nails on a chalk board, but smarter than most giver her credit. You said you dislike Joe Biden. You support Obama because he is a democrat and that is how you vote. Disliking Biden as you claim, would you blindly vote for him if Obama stepped down? I am not trying to put you on the spot. I am just addressing the rest of my comment. Most people of both parties vote a straight ticket no matter what the person stands for or how much damage they are doing to the country.

April 30, 2012 at 10:55 p.m.

• Butwiser.

Mike is right though since Joe Biden have more experience than Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin is a nut job pure and simple. I don’t like Joe Biden either, if you were here in 2008, I strongly voice my reasons in not voting for Obama because of Joe Biden. I believe Mike can testify on that, I wanted Republican Senator Chuck Hagel for Obama’s Vice President as well as Texas Congressman Chet Edwards and General James Jones. If I wasn’t working during the local 2012 Democratic Conventions, I would have offer up replacement candidate for Vice President with Harold Ford, Hagel, or some southern conservative Democrat.

April 30, 2012 at 10:37 p.m.

• Hey Big J: I see you're still around. This wrangling has kept me off this fine site.

April 30, 2012 at 10:24 p.m.

• Now, J, I said "perhaps" it makes you a racist. I didn't lie about you. It seemed to me that it was perfectly logical that the the possibility exists that you support Obama simply because he is the first black president. IF that is the case, then I would call that a racist stance. You say you're not but you don't say why you support him. Why do you support Obama for a second term, J? ANSWER THE QUESTION!!! Seems kinda silly doesn't it?

April 30, 2012 at 10:02 p.m.

• Joe Biden is very capable after serving as head of th Armed Services Committee and he brokered the debt limit with Mitch McConnell...He's has the respect of the president as a trusted ally and along with Bill Clinton will be sent to campaign in the battle ground states...Please,he's 100 times better than Palin could ever hope to be..Palin is just dumb and Binden had 32 years of experience.

April 30, 2012 at 9:52 p.m.

• I think having Joe as VEEP is scarier than Sara. What if Obama stepped down for some reason and Joe took the ticket? Yes, the loyal party voter would vote for good ole Joe. That is where much of our problem lies. People vote party first and not for the person that will be doing the job. Most vote straight tickets and sweep out many good people while installing losers they don't know anything about. That goes for both parties.

April 30, 2012 at 9:31 p.m.

• WAyWardwind.

Please spare me with the same old tactics. It is not going to work on me and you know it. If what you stated is true can you please prove that fact? It is hard to prove that fact, when I voted for John Edwards over Al Sharpton in 2004, gave money to the GOP candidate running against Sheila Jackson Lee, and that I have major hatred of Al Sharpton and to some extent Jesse Jackson? Lets not forget Alan Keyes ran for president from 1996 to 2008, he will never get my vote. Why because he is a loony Right wing nutjob. Neither will Congresswoman from Georgia who ran on the Green party ticket because she is a fool and a marxist.

Do I have bring up those past blogs and comments to prove your comment are nothing but a downright lie? Do I have to, Waywardwind? I only listed two things I disagree with the President on. Two things doesn’t add to everything on his platform. If John McCain was President now we would be fighting the Iranians right now and you know it. If john McCain was President it would be a scary thought of having Sarah Palin as Veep. That was my reasons for voting for Obama. You can take it or leave it. Next time you lie about me I will repost the ill-advised comments you made.

April 30, 2012 at 9:16 p.m.

• JasonBourne.

You could be Bighorn for all we know. When a man’s character have been drag though the mug, then people should be called out on it. I blame the Victoria Advocate for not removing the problem to begin with in 2008 and 2009. You only been on here for what a year or so, I been on here since 2006 or 2007. There are too many people who got away with murder on this forum. I could go ahead and name names with COMMENTS and BLOGS they made. The Hispanic Woman who was call the S-word by the person in question, the old man from Port ‘O Conner suggesting Germans are better than everyone else, and the Rabid East Texas hunter who believe we should use 50 Caliber guns to mow down Mexicans . A crazed Christian from Jackson County who makes anti-Catholic comments . I could go on and on and on, but enough is enough.
    Victoria Advocate should have done its job, both online and on the Editorial column, not to mention their style of topics they choose to write about. To you this is funny; to me it is not. Angry teenage posters, I could understand, but from people who are 40, 50, 60, and 70? Where is the wisdom with age? I don’t see it. I do know what wisdom is.

Mr. J. Williams

April 30, 2012 at 9 p.m.

• Writein..."I am against the President’s Budget and his HealthCare Plan, but I am his supporter. What does that make me?"

Well, J, perhaps that makes YOU a racist; one who supports the president BECAUSE he's black and for no other reason.

April 30, 2012 at 8:56 p.m.

• JasonBourne.

You could be Bighorn for all we know. When a man’s character have been drag though the mug, then people should be called out on it. I am blamed the Victoria Advocate for not removing the problem to begin with. You only been on here for what a year or so, I been on here since 2006 or 2007. There are too many people who got away with murder on this forum. I could go ahead and name names with COMMENTS and BLOGS they made. The Hispanic Woman who was call the S-word by the person in question, the old man from Port ‘O Conner suggesting Germans are better than everyone else, and the Rabid East Texas hunter who believe we should use 50 Caliber guns to mow down Mexicans . Enough is enough.

April 30, 2012 at 8:50 p.m.

• Yes, everyone here has a comment history. Some take their silly little jabs at others then while lost in their own arrogance talk about others doing the same as if it were wrong. Some whine about the criminality of others commenting offtopic while it seems to be perfectly OK for them, Strange how some people are.

I was waiting for the 4th horseman of the apocalypse (born2bme) to arrive before replying but hey I don't have all night like you retirees.
    Yeah no one ever called anyone a racisit for disagreeing with Obama, Ok sure. If you want to act like it never happened well thats fine with me. I don't loose sleep over this sillinesss like you folks do.

writein, I don't know anyone named Bighorn or Little Horn.

Anyway, I figured Munoz got called a racist by someone and in an effort to show how silly it is to be called racist, I pointed out that many have been called that just for disgreeing with the President. Big deal. Apparently it is a bid deal to "Team Sensitivity" here. LOL!

So someone is or isn't a racist. Who cares? if they say something that sounds racist and they are right, who can argue?

Did he say he counted 393 words? LMAO!

April 30, 2012 at 8:09 p.m.

• JasonBourne/David Webb.

I am against the President’s Budget and his HealthCare Plan, but I am his supporter. What does that make me? Try to say something smart. See your statement smells like pig manure in old motor oil as anything else. You can ran and tell that to your friend Little Horn.
    Are you listening BigHorn?

Mr. J. Williams

April 30, 2012 at 7 p.m.

• I looked through the 393 words Bob used and he never mentioned our president,besides 53% (69 million voters)voted for this president but there was and will be about 20% who will never like this president because of race... ....What are we going to do if Mitt Romney loses,will it be those who don't like Mormons?

People can & do disagree with the president's policies all day long and racism is not the first thing that comes to my mind. ...Some people have a comment history.

April 30, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.

• I know. I disagreed with the former President and no one called me a racist. But I did not find fault with his mistakes because of the color of his skin. Not sure the same could be said for the majority of President Obama's detractors.

April 30, 2012 at 2:52 p.m.

• Do we really need to talk about this? LOL!

At least half the country instantly became racist when they disagreed with our new President.

April 30, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.

• I wonder will BigHorn man up and apologize to Bob? I ain't holding my breath.

Mr. J. Williams

April 30, 2012 at 1:51 p.m.