Forgot your password?
Type your email address below and click the sign up button to create an account.
Perry has done such a poor job? I guess that's why so many California companies are moving to Texas.
Secondly the air pollution that Texas emits from burning coal has been reduced by the EPA. They have forced several coal fired generators to shutdown. Now Texas is strapped for generating capacity - rolling blackouts anyone?
And I should point out the reason we are burning so much coal is because environment wackos have blocked the development of nuclear power - instead we are trying to force the square peg of wind energy into the round hole of reliable electrical generation.
BTW wind energy will be even more unreliable without the smart grid which the TTC was suppose to make possible - oh well what's a few hours or days without electricity in South Texas during the summer?
One good thing about Perry, he's no Bill White.
If you read the Chronicle, Parker has cleaned up up tons of mismanaged Houston Dept.s, although she gets blamed for them.
The MTA train buying kickback fiasco, the port of Houston kickback fiasco, the investigation and prosecution of wrong doing in the HPD by the HPD itself.
It seems Mr. White left a lot of clean up to his successor Ms. Parker in Houston. Just think if he would have won the last Gov. election, the enterprise fund would have been even more abused. lol
Think Progress is at least as legit, if not more, than Fox News and I bet you watch them.
So, since you have not provided any stuff to show where this information is inaccurate (after two tries), I'll take it that, while you disagree with me posting Perry's dismal recosrd as governor of Texas, you agree that these are the facts. These events did, indeed, happen.
Feel free to post your list of his accomplishments.
A quick trip to http://thinkprogress.org/ shows a list similar to the one posted in the thread. The commenter on this board should get in touch with them and have them refrain from stealing talking points. ThinkProgress is tied to Center for American Progress, hardly middle America. Another George Soros funded enterprise! Imagine that.
I asked you which points were not true. You gave me your opinion of the Race to the Top funds and why you think it is not a good idea.
Do you even know why Perry didn't apply? I didn'think so.
But, Texas continues to rank at the bottom in education. Whatever--doesn't take a good education, I suppose, to work those minimum wage, no benefit jobs, does it?
2. Race to the top. Signing on to this program (race to the top) would likely produce less than $700 million in funds for Texas, but cost taxpayers billions in the costs of new textbooks and course materials, not to mention the recurring costs the program requires even after the federal dollars have dried up. The Feds don't hand out money without strings attached.
Thank you! That is quite a compliment since I am not a liberal!
Call 'em what you want, tafoer. They certainly are talking points, but these are the reality of Rick Perry. I'll be happy to discuss any of the items you believe are not true.
If you think those talking points concern and affect only liberals, you don't have much of a grasp on reality.
Nice list of Liberal talking points.
You ask what Perry’s negatives are. Here are some of those negatives.
1. Much of the job creation he is claiming is related to the military bases in Texas and the oil and gas industry. Both of those fell in his lap. He didn’t ‘create’ with of those. While it is true that any job may be better than no job, many of the jobs in Texas are minimum wage jobs. Many offer no benefits. The state budget cuts alone could result in the loss of more than 100,000 jobs, many of them in the public sector.
2. Two years in a row, Perry passed on accepting Race to the Top funds for education. This was a significant amount of money that this state could have used to perhaps prevent some of the teacher (10,000+) layoffs. It could have meant, each year $700 Million.
3. Texas is the Country’s biggest polluter, but Perry sued the federal government for disapproving of the state’s air quality standards.
4. Perry is a hypocrite who used federal stimulus money to plug holes in the state budget.
5. Perry claimed that “Texas has the best health care in the country.” In reality, Texas has the highest rate of uninsured residents of any state. More than one in four Texans lack coverage; the national average is just 15.4 percent. As such, there are more uninsured residents in Texas than there are people in 33 states.
6. The ‘Emergency’ Sonogram bill.
7. In 2003, Perry proposed the Trans-Texas Corridor, a 4,000-mile mega-highway that would have destroyed 500,000 acres of farmland while enriching a handful of politically-connected toll road operators in FRANCE. After the state spent nearly $60 million on the plan, overwhelming public opposition killed it.
8. In 2004, whistleblowers repeatedly informed Perry's office that the Governor's Texas Youth Commission hires and protects "known child abusers." His office ignored the warnings. Three years later, the story broke that top officials with the TYC had learned of and done nothing to stop widespread child molestation at a juvenile detention facility in West Texas.
9. In 2007, Perry bypassed the state legislature and signed an executive order making Texas the only state in the nation to require 6th grade girls to receive a vaccination against a sexually-transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer. At the time, Perry's former chief of staff, Mike Toomey, was a lobbyist for Merck, the manufacturer of the vaccine. When conservative Christians protested, the legislature repealed his order.
10. Perry has used his office, his tax-paid time, state letterhead, and the Texas brand to promote a single religion. The man who would protect the Constitution as president begins his campaign with a gross violation of one of its most basic tenets.
That’s just 10 Gary. I’ll keep looking if this isn’t sufficient for you.
Bush.2 may not weather the vetting unless the Tea Party and Koch can come up with enough to pay off the national debt.
I wish him well, I would like to know what are his negatives??
Anyone but Obama. Jimmy Carter had one term and so shall it be with Barry!
He's George W. Bush's twin. Does that answer your question?
This man is paid for by the Koch Bros so whatever they want he is their puppet. That means no middle class, no taxes paid by the big corporations, our education in ruins, guns allowed wherever, no gay rights, taxes raised on the 98% that are not wealthy. God help us!
This man if paid for by the Koch Bros so whatever they want he is their puppet. That means no middle class, no taxes paid by the big corporations, guns allowed wherever, no gay rights, taxes raised on the 98% that are not wealthy. God help us!