Comments

• Legion.

First of all, I do know it was an op-ed, but the song belongs to RUSH LIMBRAUGH. As for the LBJ statement, do you want the short answer or a long one? I’ll give you the long answer. Since the election, I have been becoming more and more ruthless. Instead of allowing my kindness be perceived as a weakness, I think a fresh can of Whoop A** is needed. Andrew Jackson threaten the National Banks while paying off the National Debt. Truman did over the G.I Bill and the Marshall Plan. Lyndon Johnson also threaten Southern Democrats over the Civil Rights.

If I were a Senator, Governor, Sec of State, Vice President or President etc, a lot of things would change. Some Republicans and Some Democrats wouldn’t have a job. Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck would be attack (non-violently) by me on their own shows. I firmly believe in ruthless aggression to get things done. The H*ll with being popular or well liked.

Before you asked or commented, that I would not compromise or start fights. I would compromise on an issue to best serve everyone, but if a fellow politician is feeding Cow manure and expecting me to call it sugar; “the Johnson Treatment” would be applied.

That is the honest truth from me.

March 29, 2010 at 5:39 a.m.

• Code, I drove through the neighborhood today and was saddened at the for sale signs and the multi-family moving garage sales. Hard working families who are now feeling the trickle down effect of layoffs without jobs in a year. I was thinking if I just had half a million in cash to invest, I would pick up those foreclosures and then offer the housing to the previous owners at just the cost of interest to the bank that would float the loan. Instead I contribute to my church, clothing drives, food banks, children's homes, college funds, etc. My ripple in the water is much smaller than I would like, but if everyone just put in one drop, maybe it would offset that which gets stolen from everyone-and buckets at a time.

March 28, 2010 at 8:18 p.m.

• Code...Why can't we have it both ways? In your first paragraph, you talk of things the government is forcing onto people against their will...insurance for poeple who don't want to buy it and payment for insurnace for other people; welfare; expensive stuff that doesn't benefit those paying the taxes to support it.

In your second paragraph, you're talking about things people want for themselves...expensive vehicles, houses and air conditioning for those houses. As long as they can pay for them it's their business. It's called freedom to live your life without interference from the government.

March 28, 2010 at 6:19 p.m.

• And I know it is of topic, but BigJ please.. you want a 21st century LBJ?

"Writein

Mike.

In all due respect. A NEW “LBJ” is needed in Congress or in the National Arena. If I were a Senator, you bet your bottom dollar, my plan would get out of committee. I would call those corrupted congressmen out in the process, if they do not do so. A 21st century version of the “Johnson Treatment“."

Not only was dear old LBJ, the Democrat, one of the most corrupt politicians in history, his personal intelligence agency had almost as much info (dirt) on his opponents as J Edgar Hoover had on everyone.

But yet you say we need another LBJ? I thought you preached against the "old boy" way of politics?

I guess you don't really believe that, if it promotes your agenda, you would use the same extortion tactics, questionable election results that LBJ did, as long as they advanced your position on the issues.

March 28, 2010 at 6:16 p.m.

• Big J, the term "Barck the Magic Nergo", actually it is "Barack" not "Barck", was coined by a op-ed writer in Los Angeles, David Ehrenstein to be exact.

His father was a secular Jew with Polish ancestors, and his mother was of African American and Irish descent.

David Ehrenstein coined the term, it belongs to him not Rush.

March 28, 2010 at 5:45 p.m.

• Grandpa.

How come you didn't the answer the questions? Let ask you again.

Where were you when Glenn Beck bash Blacks? WHere were you when Sean Hannity is a friend of Neo-Nazi Hal Turner who threaten killing? Where were you when Rush Limbruagh made his biogoted song Barck the Magic Nergo?

Be honest and answer the questions.

March 28, 2010 at 5:09 p.m.

• exresident,

I disagree. I don't think it's a majority who feel like that. It more those who ideologically think we waste money on the wrong issues - like covering those worse off than we are with basic health care.

Yet those same people are quite happy to extend there limits to a new Hummer, a 4 bedroom house with no down payment, waste food, water and electricity by the bucket load and support unwarranted and badly planned military escapades and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

You can't have it both ways can you?

March 28, 2010 at 4:33 p.m.

• And remember, that the anti-christ will be embraced by the Jews. Does that fit Obama? If you don't understand this concept, again, get out of attack mode when responding to my comments.

March 28, 2010 at 12:27 p.m.

• Didn't say that at all. In fact, I think it is completely off base. Just made a comment. I think the anit-christ is out there laughing his butt off at the problems facing America. The speculations are out there, unfortunately. All makes me keep mental checkmarks of the birthpains. If you don't understand birthpains, don't even attempt to argue with my comments. It was a comment, plain and simple, I didn't write the national speculation. I just think it is interesting how mortal men can manipulate the powers on this earth.

March 28, 2010 at 12:24 p.m.

• Trueone, it sounds like you will see and hear only what you want to see and hear. You keep referring to such attacks on Obama, as if it is the person that is the issue. It has only become the person because of the far-left policies that are represented, the disregard for the Constitution, and the public will. Keep screaming hatred and racism all you want and see what that gets you. You will continue to drive a wedge between good people rather than seek what we have in common and will support as free and caring Americans.

It is surprising to me when fellow Americans applaud such things that are devisive and deny people's liberty. It is as if they are acting out some vendetta. As for the "failed presidency" you refer to, it could not have been sealed more fashionably than by such recent actions. These actions, viewed as dishonor to our system of government and the public will.

March 28, 2010 at 11:55 a.m.

• I applaud President on this historic accomplishment. Had congress not passed this bill the same Obama haters would be hailing it as a great republican victory and declaring the Obama presidency as a failed presidency.
    That did not happen so you continue with the game plan laid out by Rush (“I hope he fails at everything he does“) and other conservative pundits.
    There are many people who would rather see President Obama fail, than have the country succeed under his leadership.
    Most Americans understand we needed health care reform. The majority you speak of is the folks who scream the loudest because they have been frightened by the scare tactics of Rush, Glen Beck, Hannity and other right wing media freaks who seek to create public discord for their own personal profit.
    I listened to several Town hall meetings on the healthcare issue and all I heard was hatred toward Obama and name calling that did have racial overtones. You call it what you want for you to feel good about yourself but racism and bigotry are not scare tactics, they are human characteristics.
    President Obama is coming to terms with the realization that even if he adopts a 100% conservative, republican, right wing agenda those on the right who do not accept him today will continue to hate him.

March 28, 2010 at 10:56 a.m.

• Where were you when Glenn Beck bash Blacks. WHere were you when Sean Hannity is a friend of Neo-Nazi whop threaten killing? Where were you when Rush Limbruagh made his biogoted song Barck the Magic Nergo?

Coolgrany.

You should be ashamed of yourself by suggesting the presidnet or even his supporters Inclunding myself as that of the anti-Christ.

March 28, 2010 at 5:34 a.m.

• I am a student of prophesy, and I find it interesting that Obama is being aligned with Kissinger and identified as a possilble leader of a world order. Not my word folks, some national magazines out there are fixating on Obama as the next world leader.

March 27, 2010 at 5:22 p.m.

• Well said Grandpa. I could not agree more.

March 27, 2010 at 3:22 p.m.

• After listen to comments of some corporate companies, and their CEO’s yesterday, even those that supported this President are now backing away from this President. They clearly stated this healthcare law is dangerous for the economy and industry with no positive upturn with the state of this economy.

The U.S. Constitution was not designed to inject mandates or the socialistic ideology, which is coming straight out of the White House. I truly believe after listen to his speeches and the words that he uses are truly dangerous. He mimics some very undesirable leaders of small countries.

If the President doesn’t re-group on his position on healthcare and tyranny continues, we may see something that has not been seen since the civil war that is truly dangerous.

Sheila Jackson Lee from Houston, which is one of the most racist congress person in the House, has made it clear that, “we are getting what is do us” source Neal Cavuto Fox News.

March 27, 2010 at 2:36 p.m.