Christ in his ministry held dear those who humans felt vile. So how can Republicans claim to be good and not follow but selected teachings that suit them ?
Some of the beatitudes
- The poor (Matthew has "poor in spirit"). The text says that theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Republicans call them welfare Queens ?
- Mourners (Luke has "those who are weeping").
Republicans give them 3 days bereavement leave then tell them to report to work or be fired.
- The hungry (Matthew has "hunger and thirst after righteousness"). The text says that they will be filled (Luke has "be satisfied").
Republicans call them card caring members of the ACLU and Hippies.
- Those persecuted for seeking righteousness (rather than righteousness, Luke has "followers of the Son of Man"). The text says that theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Republicans call them liberals and the Media elite.
- The merciful. The text says that they will "obtain mercy".
Republicans call them Liberal Judges for Refusing to Execute Retarded folks and Children.
- The peacemakers. The text says that they will be called "the children of God".
Republicans call them Draft Dodging Hippies unless your Baby Bush who valiantly protected to the Sky's of Austin from the Vietcong.
Hypocrites and liars I say.
- 4 unverified comments
Thank you for your contribution.Flag this as inappropriate
- Follow THEMIS