Comments

• LOL! Likely scrambled at that point..

November 29, 2010 at 11:21 p.m.

• or an icepack for your "eggs".....

November 29, 2010 at 11:19 p.m.

• Then again, if I do follow that advice I might really need that egg cure.

November 29, 2010 at 11:16 p.m.

• My grandaughter doesn't understand why strangers are always touching her at work. It doesn't help that my daughter told her strangers want to steal her, then she goes there and all these strangers are trying to touch her...no wonder she is terrified of strangers!

November 29, 2010 at 11:16 p.m.

• " I was also told if you touch what you admire then you too may get something pretty."

I really admire my female boss - perhaps I should follow this advice...

;-)

November 29, 2010 at 11:14 p.m.

• SugarMagnolia - I agree. Perhaps the real magic lies in the compassion.

Victoriabybirth - It varies from family to family. I've also heard that. Anytime someone is envious of you and stares at you wanting what you have, that's the evil eye. Same with a cute baby. Let's say you're staring at a newborns beautiful, piercing blue eyes. The ritual goes, if you keep staring because it's so beautiful and don't touch it, the baby will become sick.

I've seen people go up to random strangers countless times before. I even remember being approached by women, especially elderly women, when I was a child because of "cuteness." But who knows where that went, haha.

The egg part is definitely different. : ) If you ever get the chance to see it, it's quite interesting the faith you'll see within the "curer"

Pilot - Nice way of thinking of helping fix that black eye, haha.

November 29, 2010 at 11:04 p.m.

• I understand ojo to be if you someone has something you admire or think is pretty, you touch it so it will not be ruined. People are always doing this at work. One day a girl admired anothers necklace & forgot to touch it, later that day the admired necklace broke for no apparant reason. I was also told if you touch what you admire then you too may get something pretty. I have never heard of the egg portion of ojo.

November 29, 2010 at 10:53 p.m.

• I remember my grandmother tried to cure me of a bad hangover one time! it didn't work!

November 29, 2010 at 8:15 p.m.

• I had this ritual performed on me by my former fiancee's mother, who is Hispanic. I had pulled a muscle in my neck, very painful, and she did this and prayed for me. I don't really think it helped, but it did help me feel better, just knowing that she cared enough for me to try to ease my pain. Perhaps that is where the "real" magic lies.

November 29, 2010 at 3:43 p.m.