Comments

• My father had a tatoo, I don't know if he was proud of it or not, just something he had done when he was in the military.

I have radiation marker tatoo dots, they hurt, I wouldn't have an entire bit of artwork done, although I think some of the designs are very pretty

October 21, 2010 at 8:12 a.m.

• Or typing the "o" in G-d. Just in case.

October 19, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.

• You guys better not be shaving your beards!

#185 Not to remove the entire beard, like the idolaters (Lev. 19:27) (CCN177).

It's right up there with tattooing your body. =P

October 19, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.

• @KyleC, wow, that is a bumper sticker collection.

October 19, 2010 at 1:11 p.m.

• If you have to get one, I agree---choose wisely. Tattoos are a permanent reminder of a temporary moment.

October 19, 2010 at 12:43 p.m.

• Hey J.R, wasn't there anybody under 50 at Ramsey's??? Early bird special was it?

;-)

October 19, 2010 at 12:38 p.m.

• thewaywardwind, well yes those are in Leviticus too. I don't think any of them are abominations personally. I just thought that verse on tattoos was interesting since Christian tattoo artists were brought up.

October 19, 2010 at 12:36 p.m.

• Worse than any bodily tattoo is what we do to our vehicles...

;-)

October 19, 2010 at 12:31 p.m.

• Freethinker...Is that quote anywhere close to the one that says eating shell fish is an abomination? Or the one that says wearing clothes of different kinds of fabrics is an abomination? There are a bunch of things that are abominations.

I don't like tattoos, but I don't think they'll call down the wrath of the lord onto anyone who gets them.

October 19, 2010 at 12:28 p.m.

• I could care less one way or the other. I judge a person by what kind of heart and soul they have. HOWEVER, :) I have seen many people over my years who have not made a good choice on what they get and where. I have seen pin up girls age and sag as bad as the person who they are tatooed on and I have seen a dolphin turn into the state of California because of a persons weight gain. I have also seen beautiful tributes. I don't have any and don't plan on it because I agree about not marking on your body. Jared makes a funny but reasonable argument!

October 19, 2010 at 12:17 p.m.

• I don't need a tattoo. I have a scar. I look like I survived a fight with Tony the Tiger or Chester the Cheetos Cheetah. Now I'm trying to think of all the mascats out there...

October 19, 2010 at 12:13 p.m.

• "You shall not make any cutting in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.' Leviticus chapter 19,verse 28

October 19, 2010 at 12:06 p.m.

• Didn't we have this question about a month ago? Anybody think any opinions have changed?

October 19, 2010 at 11:52 a.m.

• I have one on my upper left arm.

I want to get another one that goes across my upper back.

October 19, 2010 at 11:45 a.m.

• LOL! Nlj thinks I'm a young misguided reprobate!!! OMG! Thanks I needed that this morning!

October 19, 2010 at 11:38 a.m.

• I have three tattoos and expecting the 4th. Regarding the morality of getting a tattoo, it doesn't seem to be a problem unless you get one that is offensive (i.e. racist, discriminatory, etc.).

My fun explanation is that a tattoo permanently marks your flesh, and Baptism permanently marks your soul. Another, our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, right? Well, a temple is a place of worship, as a Catholic, our worship places have tremedous decoration. Anyways, these are not deep theological arguments, mainly just fun.

My advice, choose wisely.

October 19, 2010 at 11:29 a.m.

• @baylee

By longing for a return to the "old days" I presume you mean pre-neolithic times since tattooing can be traced back to 5000 B.C.E

October 19, 2010 at 10:43 a.m.

• I,m sick of seeing tatoos on people. It's a fad like any other but the problem is that it's permenent. I saw a girl today with a gun tatooed on her arm. Ridiculous! I long for the old days when you could express yourself without putting something on your skin.

October 19, 2010 at 10:38 a.m.

• I'd rather see a tattoo than a tacky comment.

October 19, 2010 at 9:41 a.m.

• Darlins64 says, "The only difference between a tattooed person and a non-tattooed person is that tattooed people don't judge you for not having any."

That's arguable but using that same logic: The only difference between a reprobate and a non-reprobate is that the reprobates don't judge people for doing reprehensible acts. That logic doesn't actually make being reprehensible a good thing.

And the rationale that, " I don't believe I'm going to hell for it." shouldn't be a persons ONLY moral compass - I don't think I'll go to hell for urinating on your morning newspaper but it'd still be a trashy thing to do.

Of course, that wouldn't make me a trashy person - it'd just make me a misguided one who did a trashy thing. And that's what I think most of the young people with tattoos are - misguided.

October 19, 2010 at 9:17 a.m.

• I am a wife, mom, and a grandmother -- I also have 4 tattoos. I don't believe I'm going to hell for it. I also don't believe it makes me a "trashy" or bad person. It's a matter of personal choice. I also believe that its a choice you don't make lightly and should not be allowed to make until you are 21.

October 19, 2010 at 8:41 a.m.