Comments

• there's been too many lives lost in a war that has accomplished nothing for us except waste billions and billions of our tax dollars!

July 12, 2009 at 10:47 a.m.

• if you don't want to hear about that MJ person anymore well quit bringing up his sickening name!

July 12, 2009 at 10:43 a.m.

• Hub and I were just talking about turning off the tube last night especially after the Astros game???. :(

July 12, 2009 at 10:06 a.m.

• I am with you that the life and death of every American soldier is more honorable than any of these entertainers. We may enjoy some of these entertainers and what they do (Michael Jackson was not among those for me) but I have absolute respect and esteem for every soldier who willingly places his or her life on the line for the principles of Freedom and Democracy that we have enjoyed in this country for so long.

The press was obsessed, but we here on the ground in America salute you, the American Soldier.

And, for the most part, I have turned off my TV, just because of the media and the antics they are involved in.

July 12, 2009 at 7:57 a.m.

• THANKS TO ALL OUR MILITARY PERSONNEL AND YOUR/THEIR FAMILIES. The stupidity of the entertainment industry hero worshiping just shows how screwed up this country is. I never cared for the made-over-MJ or those four Brit mopheads because of the silly arsed way the goofy girls acted towards them. Have the teenagers in America been duped into such carrying on in order for the mopheads and MJ to get extra press?

July 12, 2009 at 3 a.m.

• Soldier, I hear you. Most normal people were just sick and tired of the media coverage of this entertainer. Thank you so much for your service to our nation. You and soldiers like you are the true heroes of this era as well as throughout history. Don't ever think you are not respected and held in highest esteem. Watch your back. America prays for you. Regards. Mom of a soldier.

July 11, 2009 at 5:59 p.m.

• PS Isaac many gospel hymns where written from the drenches of the battlefield Rev. Curtis Lynn

July 11, 2009 at 4:04 p.m.