Comments

• Actually her article was funny.  I am neither a hater of VD or single and I found it refreshing.  Everyday should be VD as far as I'm concerned, I don't need a specific day to tell my hubby I love him, & if he only told me once a year we either wouldn't still be married or he wouldn't still be breathing! ; O , J/k....anyways, I digress.  What does offend me is your question of the day.  Why do we need to divide the races on this election?  We are all Americans!  This is Black History month, there was just a question about achieving equality with the races.  That will never happen as long as the media & the politicians pit us against each other & pander to a specific group.  Why are the Hispanics more important than the blacks or the whites?  How bout the Asians?  When the question is phrased the way it is it makes the rest of us feel we are not as important.  Thats it, I'm done.

February 14, 2008 at 5:13 p.m.

• Honestly...at first I was taken back by the front page of the paper, when I saw a co-worker reading it at lunch today.  However, once I read the heart candy "die cupid die"; I laughed it off.  I remembered being young and in college without a boyfriend during Valentine's.  It's really no fun when you don't have someone to share the day.  Now with a husband and kids the candy and heart shaped balloons are a blast to buy for them.  It's great to see the smiles on everyone's faces.  Yes, it's to commercial and the cost of candy and roses is ridiculous but it's only for one day a year.

February 14, 2008 at 3:23 p.m.

• *sighs*
    This is the kind of rubbish that passes for front page news in the VA...... This editorial would have been somewhat cute in a different section of the paper. I do not think that a business leader like the one directly below the story that provides a service to Victoria appreciated "Die Cupid Die" over top of her business story.
    A little praise though to the VA-at least in today's paper the words (story/news) seem to almost take up as much real estate on the front page as the pictures! I was starting to wonder if we were going to go to an all picture format :P Weekly Reader anyone? How bout a color in the news format with bigger pictures and no words? We can color in the pictures by number^^ Color all 1's red, color all 2's blue..at least there will be no typos

February 14, 2008 at 1:47 p.m.

• I agree with the lighten up part! My friends and I are under 30 and happy to finally see some humor in the Advocate articles. Now, we look forward to reading her articles and even laugh about what we have read during our weekly girl's nights. That is the first time we have ever commented on an actual reporter and had a mutual agreement on how hilarious she is. Keep the funny coming! We love it!!

February 14, 2008 at 1:39 p.m.

• Most people are not as good as they think.
    So anyone who gives you a flower, card, candy, stuffed bear, it is all good.
    I know anyone, like my wife, puts up with me deserves it all.
    Anyone who does not like the V-Day, just remember the old song...
    keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life.
    As hard as it is to do.

February 14, 2008 at 1:34 p.m.

• I look forward to reading Aprill's columns. Love her sense of humor. It makes my morning coffee more enjoyable when I'm reading her. Keep up the good work, Aprill!!!
    People just need to lighten up and get a sense of humor. Everything is this world can't be taken seriously.

February 14, 2008 at 1:03 p.m.