Comments

• Thanks, Mary Ann, for the high praise.

September 12, 2008 at 1:30 p.m.

• Hello Mr. Cobler,
    I really thought the Thursday paper was superb with all of the hurricane evacuation information. It was really helpful.

September 12, 2008 at 1:09 p.m.

• chris,
    i watched kavu. sorry.  but liked i said earlier post the feed time early and i will test it again.
    our family is is in S.A., Austin, CC, Yoakum, Kingsville.  We all are checkng vicad before anything else.  you guys are doing a excellent job in diffucult times.
    jAs for the conference---judge pozzi's mannerism, body language and tone of voice was poor.  he gave the whole group a blackeye, in my opinion.
    WHEN IS THE NEXT LIVE/"PIPING" NEWS CONFERENCE?!?

September 12, 2008 at 9:28 a.m.

• Fatboy,

Were you able to see the live video of the press conference on our site? We'll keep doing that as we can.

We also have a Facebook page set up for the Victoria Advocate. If all else fails, we'll post updates there. We publicized that site in today's paper. Go to Facebook and search for the Victoria Advocate. Our headlines will post there.

We will have redundancies here and in Austin so that we should be able to keep posting our site before, during and after the storm.

Chris

September 11, 2008 at 1:34 p.m.

• i enjoyed the live news conference the eoc held.  thanks kavu for being there!!
    Chris- a lot of ppl are use to tv  live shots.  why did suddenlink cut the feed at 12n from cable 11 which is ch.2 Hou.  they have great local coverage (pt. lavavca and up the coast)  or did hou market cut the feed?!?!?
    someone needs to cooridinate weather updates.  especailly the times.  where to tune into to.  ahead of time.  i seem to miss ch. 25's updates.  maybe w/ federal funds a severe event can fund feeds and eliminate market cable fees and develop a one stop point.  it could have live feeds, important pic in pic  windows of storm's data, highway openings, etc.  people should know what's going on.  victoria has a lot to work on to improve the communication.  i understnad in the heat of the battle everyone hunkers down but keep it live till the resources fail.
    i am going to get out.   i have VICAD.  I can check before I head home to read your your online material.  I know ur bloggers will inform me whats open or danger
    chris- how about a vicad link on another paper.  just for events like Ike.  so if you loose power or internet local folks know to go there (evacuees) and you guys can call the sister online paper  the news or important data and they input it all there.  your readers need to know before we head back and the 2 papers will win alot od support and loyal readers.
     thanks.

September 11, 2008 at 12:23 p.m.

• CNN is @ FairField Inn..

September 10, 2008 at 6:12 p.m.

• Emerson,

I'm afraid we won't be able to get to your suggestion any time soon. All of our reporters are working on Ike stories.

Chris

September 10, 2008 at 5:36 p.m.

• Pat,

We're summarizing the video in story form. We don't have a transcript, but we will cover the key points.

We aren't able yet to tape our live videos and get those on the site.

Chris

September 10, 2008 at 5:35 p.m.

• I realize that Hurricane Ike has everyone's attention right now, and for good reason, but I'm concerned with something else at the moment.
    Tuning in to MSNBC last night at 7 PM, I expected to see "Countdown with Keith Olbermann." Instead, I got an hour of dead air. At 8 PM, instead of "The Rachel Maddow Show" there was an episode of "Lockup." Checking the MSNBC site today, I see that there was an episode of "Countdown" yesterday, and presumably, an episode of the Maddow show also. I'm wondering why those shows didn't air locally. Is there some cable-company censorship going on here? I'd appreciate it if one of the Advocate's reporters could find out something about this.
    Thanks!

September 10, 2008 at 3:43 p.m.

• Chris:
    I was totally impressed and thankful for your live feed of the news conference today. I would like to be able to review it for information I missed, but I think I am understanding that it will take a while to get it online on video. Is there any possible way to hurriedly get just a transcript posted on the website?
    Thanks, Pat

September 10, 2008 at 2:59 p.m.