Comments

• This is a fun idea, Chris. So yeah, I'll play along... At the moment I'm out of time for this week (and we can't get overtime) so I would go with, "No Time" by Guess Who. Working long hours lately brings to mind, "Zombie" by the Cranberries. And who could forget that Chris Cobler fav, "If I Only Had A Heart" by the Tin Man (Wizard of Oz). Sir, you have whistled that tune enough times around the office so that it's forever ingrained in my brain.
    STOP IT!!!!!!!!!! Maybe "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel would be a good pick (hint, hint) ;0)

April 17, 2009 at 4:54 p.m.

• Yakety sax.

April 16, 2009 at 4:30 p.m.

• "Hate my Life" by Theory of a Deadman. Granted, it doesn't always apply, but there's been enough days where it's so blunt and to the point (regarding my job) that I feel it should be mentioned. Any other time, I'd say "Flight of the Bumblebee" since it can get hectic here.

April 16, 2009 at 3:54 p.m.

• Lol, I have been waiting around all day and enjoyed this comment section the most of all today.

I think i would have to say

Kiss me through the phone, Not sure by who, Because I miss my other half during the day.

Crazy, By Britney Spears, because sometimes I feel that way.

Diva, by Beyonce, because sometimes I wish I was.

I hovered this comment section all day waiting for the right moment. I couldnt resist.

April 16, 2009 at 3:40 p.m.

• aprill...here u go....enjoy ur work and topics

April 16, 2009 at 3:36 p.m.

• I see your wager, Mr. Cobler, and I'll raise you the top songs of today.

"Halo" by Beyonce (cause I'm always an angel)

"My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson (cause I'm blatantly sucking up).

And "Hoedown Throwdown" by Miley Cyrus (cause it's almost the weekend...and yes, that really is a song by the teeny bopper).

April 16, 2009 at 2:48 p.m.

• Thanks Roy

April 16, 2009 at 1:41 p.m.

• Three Songs that describe my job.....

Reba Mc Entire - "Is there Life Out there"

Aretha Franklin - "Respect"

Creed - "My Own Prison"

April 16, 2009 at 12:15 p.m.

• Hmmm....two more, eh? Okay, from one of the GREATEST geniuses of all time, Alan Parsons, here are two more that fit my job perfectly......"Psychobabble" and, "A Dream Within a Dream". Can't find a way to link You Tube here on the comments, but go to You Tube and enjoy.

Alan Parsons, YES!!!! My day is now complete......here I go You Tube now.........See ya.

April 16, 2009 at 11:42 a.m.

• "Margaritaville" -Jimmy Buffet

Ha! Just kidding, Chris. The newsroom is more like "Cheeseburgers in Paradise" anyway. :)

April 16, 2009 at 11:11 a.m.

• Grifter,Hang in there dude, Yeal I know it's hard and I have done it myself,BUT it will get better. Some day you'll look back on this experience and have a feeling of satisfaction on making it thru the hard times without asking for help or a government handout. kUDOs to you my friend

April 16, 2009 at 10:09 a.m.

• It's a combination of two jobs one that is 10 hours M-F and the second one is 20 to 40 part time hours 4 to 7 days a week. We do what we gotta do to survive.

April 16, 2009 at 9:52 a.m.

• The Beatles - It's Been A Hard Day's Night
    Red Ryder - Lunatic Fringe
    Queen - I Want To Break Free

April 16, 2009 at 9:13 a.m.

• Hot diggity, Lawyers, Guns and Money! AND Loudon Wainwright! Geez, Chris, sometimes we have a little meeting (ok, clash) of the minds over various things, but we are SO in tune with our music tastes! How cool!

So "Check it Out" - the song that describes my job....."She Blinded Me With Science"!! Of course!

April 16, 2009 at 5:04 a.m.