Comments

• More thoughts shared via Twitter:

@chezla My college students think Twitter's for old people. And they're bummed you can't hit the "like" button on Twitter.

@Pinkribbonwendi it's like chatting- but cuz it's so public people tend to keep it clean.

@Pinkribbonwendi but wonder why it's so appealing to know what our friends r doing every moment...symptom of the instant media age addiction

@rlowery98 my (Facebook) groups are rifftrax, cinematic titanic, mst3k, zz top, pink floyd and a few others

What are best features of Facebook groups? @rlowery98 nothing really just subjects I am interested in

@dfjoseph Estabished a Facebook account. Envisioned quagmire. Deleted account before it was too late.

@rebeccasmom Good one! Twitter is texting for old people. I hate texting on my phone. Don't know all the lingo.

@Taynted_lyfe wow. im in college and i LOVE twitter. i am almost 30, though... (also, i am overjoyed that there is not a like button)

@nel1jack For the most part, twittering does seem more inhabited by older net denizens, possibly because we are more likely to ask

@nel1jack opinions or offer thoughts intended for multiple people to read. as opposed to texting which is one on one interaction

April 25, 2009 at 6:26 a.m.

• LOL Chris.....good job!

April 24, 2009 at 9:57 p.m.

• VBB,

A good copy editor is trained to have a dirty mind.

John,

Glad you like our 10 a.m. live chats. I hope Mogulus ges a little more stable. Thanks for participating.

April 24, 2009 at 9:50 p.m.

• Hmmm....Chris, I just read your headline with the literal side of my brain.....it cracked me up.

April 24, 2009 at 6:45 p.m.

• LoL, yeah? I guess so.

I like the video chat room deal you guys got.

when it works!

ha ha.

I once had a desire to start my own video chatroom where people would come to listen to music and discuss stuff.

I'd call it "Joker's Wild", mainly because you really never know what I'm going to discuss or do. Believe it or not this is a reflection of my life.

I like you guys, I discuss stuff all over the internet.

I like chatrooms and blogs, you get a more active response I think?

April 24, 2009 at 4:25 p.m.

• John,
    I certainly understand why Twitter or Facebook might not be for you. What online social networking appeals to you? I'm assuming commenting and blogging on the Advocate site qualifies.
    Thanks.

April 24, 2009 at 4:18 p.m.

• I still don't twitter and have been gone from my face book page so long I've forgotten my password.

Again.

I'm weird that way.

April 24, 2009 at 3:15 p.m.

• The second half of my assignment is about Facebook Groups. Why are they successful? What features and tactics is each using to be successful?

I'm not much of a user of Facebook Groups. How about you?

April 24, 2009 at 12:15 p.m.

• Some fun responses via Twitter to this class assignment:
    Assignment: Briefly describe key similarities and key differences of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

nel1jack@chriscobler twitter = Battle Royal

deanbetz@chriscobler LinkedIn=static work relationships. Twitter=fluid, dynamic relationships; real-time work.

HampRogers@chriscobler Twitter = the tool by which those of us leading quiet lives of desperation convince ourselves that our life is scintillating.

Janel64@chriscobler Twitter = one huge chatroom?

Rebeccamom@chriscobler The difference between Facebook and Twitter for me: my mom is on FaceBook.

Pinkribbonwendi@chriscobler I'm so over myspace. It seems like a cyber booty call. Facebook seems to have more class. Wonder what tweeterville thinks...

There's still time to join the fun -- and help with my assignment. What do you think are the similarities and differences?

April 24, 2009 at 8:28 a.m.