Comments

• We bought a old fashioned adapter. The kind that has a tape casset on one end. Anyway, we put the tape part in and hook it up to our cell phone and listen to any station we download, our itunes, etc. We never listen to the local stations.

November 8, 2009 at 2:45 p.m.

• Thanks for the suggestions. I can't believe how many free apps are out there for iPhones. I'm not quite sure how the business model for that works out either, but I'm enjoying the benefits of them.

November 8, 2009 at 2:39 p.m.

• I tried the mp3 thing but being the sonic affecianado that I am I had to pass. I only listen to radio to and from work each day. My mornings are mostly NPR on 90.7FM. At lunch it'sNPR on the way home and a mixture of 106.9 The Rock, 100.9 The Bar, and 97.7 Rock on the way back to work. I jump between those three rock stations and if I end up on a long drive then I have more options. 94.5 (Houston), 101.3 (Corpus Christi), and some others.
    I've been lucky enough to find great radio wherever I've traveled. The best is 106.9 right here but I am biased greatly in that opinion as Adam West actually played one of my songs on a show that used to showcase Texas talent on Sundays.
    With that said, 106.9 KLUB, 100.9 KBAR, and 97.7(????) are really neck and neck in the running for my favorite radio.

November 7, 2009 at 8:14 p.m.

• I like www.slacker.com

November 7, 2009 at 11:34 a.m.

• It's called Pocket Tunes. I actually paid for this app, which is unusual for me, but it was recommended by a co-worker. The app also will pick up local police scanner traffic.

November 7, 2009 at 10:49 a.m.

• I listen via Pandora on iPhone and on my desktop. Locally it's 93.3, KSBJ, and 93.9 (I think) out of Corpus when I can pick it up. I also channel surf and listen to Country also, 107.9 I think. I am curious about the other radio app you mentioned on your iPhone.

November 7, 2009 at 10:37 a.m.