Comments

• Why can't President Obama be seen as a man, another human being. I think he bleeds red just like the rest of us. I do not like his politics at all, and am fed up with the increased socialism, but he can be voted our next election, just like every other man who became President. The power is still with the people no mattter what the elected officials think.

September 12, 2009 at 4:19 p.m.

• Keeping in mind the positions he has taken over the years, Marxist seems to be the best adjective, although with Chrysler and GM now owned by the Federal government, Fascist is also in the running.

September 12, 2009 at 1:44 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

September 11, 2009 at 11:37 p.m.

• bigj: to your "Another flow of ingorance. If he won by being Black, then how come Al Sharpton (2004), Alan Keyes (2000), and Jesse Jackson (84-88) didn't." evidently the black folks knew what sorry' worthless bung holes they were.

September 11, 2009 at 11:33 p.m.

• RU you have good wit.

September 11, 2009 at 8:38 p.m.

• Oh my, RU --please go to work for the VicAd. Oh wait maybe you already do?

September 11, 2009 at 8:08 p.m.

• I find this whole subject matter disturbing. While I realize that skin color is often necessary for a physical description, I prefer to ignore color. We all bleed red.

Whenever, I must fill out a document requesting my race, I write in Human.

September 11, 2009 at 7:16 p.m.

• BigJ, I am liking your tone towards me this evening, thank you! (seriously)

September 11, 2009 at 5:57 p.m.

• I'm sure he would be really happy if people could/would spell his name properly...Barack.

September 11, 2009 at 5:40 p.m.

• BigJ, we are all mixed these days. There are precious few "pure" anything.

September 11, 2009 at 5:31 p.m.

• My dads mom didn't like Bohemians & my dad married one. She called Bohemians every derogatory term she could come up with. I consider myself Bohemian when asked about heritage which would confuse her. She couldn't understand why I would want to be considered that but then again she was an evil Kraut. It was a no brainer on my part! (no offense intended to Germans, my grandma was really mean!)

September 11, 2009 at 5:30 p.m.

• VBB- I was raised a MIC! I am proud of it! ;) I agree though there is a difference between PC and derogatory....

September 11, 2009 at 5:24 p.m.

• Calling someone a Kraut & calling someone bi-racial are 2 different things. Kraut is derogaotory, bi-racial is politically correct & accurate. If someone called him a zebra that would be the equivalent of calling a German a Kraut.

Wonder why he claims black when he was raised by white? Just a question, as that is usually how one identifies oneself, by how they were raised.

September 11, 2009 at 5:14 p.m.

• OK if people want to get technical......African- Amercian or American - African would be correct here. Let me explain. English settlers who were later "dubbed" Americans were white. Majority of Africans are black....So being that he is mixed..I say American- African would be correct..Half white and half black. Just my opinion though.

September 11, 2009 at 5:12 p.m.

• I keep seeing the word president with a lower case "p" when people are referring to Barak Obama. I was taught in school that if you are referring to the President of the United States, the "P" should always be capitalized. If you are referring to the president of a club, capitalization is not necessary. I consistently see the word President in the press, national or local, referring to the Pres of the US with a lower case "p". I believe this is in error.

September 11, 2009 at 4:41 p.m.

• He won by being black, might as well stick with the term.

September 11, 2009 at 2:46 p.m.

• I was raised with manners. If a person does not offer I ask how they wish to be addressed. If they are older they might prefer colored, or negro, but what ever it is respect requires that their wishes be followed. So Bill my German American friend who does not like the term Kraut is referred to at least by me as I was not raised in a barn as a German American or German Ancestry. This is not political correctness it is respect and civility. And to those who feel civility and respect is some sort of liberal oppressive tyranny please return to the barn until you are ready to interact with us good and civilized folk.

September 11, 2009 at 2:05 p.m.

• Readers can always see through the thin veneer of racist comments. Sometimes, people commenting in these forums don't even feign that they aren't racists.

September 11, 2009 at 1:45 p.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

September 11, 2009 at 1:27 p.m.