Comments

• Thanks, Observer and all. I hope I made the point that the Advocate isn't part of the MSM -- we're a family-owned community newspaper. Our focus is on the Crossroads region, not ACORN -- unless they start operating here.

Even so, if you see national topics you think deserve more ink in the Advocate, by all means let us know. We want to provide a fair and balanced review of the top stories of the day.

September 16, 2009 at 9:26 p.m.

• Explanation understood and accepted. For some time, I have noticed an increasing bias in the AP items that are run in the Advocate. While not as pronounced as the New York Times or the Washington post, it is there and seems to involve more deliberate errors of omisssion, rather than blatant errors of comission like the aforementioned rags.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the paper you manage to put out when I first became a subscriber. I continue to be very pleased with what you are able to accomplish with the limited resources available to you. For a small-town newspaper, the Advocate really shines. Keep up the good work.

September 16, 2009 at 4:33 p.m.

• Did you see the guy posing as a pimp? How in the world did the ACORN representative fall for that?

September 16, 2009 at 4:33 a.m.

• Chris, I understand the boat you are in. And I thank you for taking the time to explain your position. I believe your explaination should not be taken lightly. It shows the power of the AP and the weakiness lack of funds creats for small town newspapers.

September 15, 2009 at 10:18 p.m.

• How could anyone write nonsense concerning Acorn helping people to commit crime. Watch Fox news Wednesday 16th for the next crime chapter of Acorn, it continues. At least we can now see just how some places cover the corrupt.

September 15, 2009 at 10:15 p.m.

• I did see the short article in Wednesday's paper regarding the Census Bureau severing ties with ACORN. The reason posted in the article attributed the severance of ties was because of conservative complaints of the organizations or some such nonsense. It made no mention of the recent undercover videos uncovering ACORN employees alledgedly giving advice on how to cheat on taxes, advice on running a brothel using illegal, underage El Salvadorean girls, among other illegal activities. All this is funded with our taxpayer money. How is it that some well-informed in the community and area are aware of this big story but the Advocate is not?

September 15, 2009 at 9:57 p.m.