Comments

• what is Medina's thought on 2012? Not the election but the end of the world......

KAVU way to go!!!! Maybe VEDC will contribute to their broadcast coverage. lol

February 15, 2010 at 11:52 a.m.

• Debra Medina's comments about 9/11 have not influenced which way I'll vote or what I think of her. This is a non-issue. She still has my vote. Glenn Beck predicted that she would drop back down to 4%. He's way off base, but of course his whole plan was to push Medina to the fringe. He used this same strategy with Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

February 14, 2010 at 8:06 a.m.

• what does 9-11 have to do with the governor race??

ask about local issues, like the TTC, water issues, nuclear energy and jobs. ask your candidate the same question of 9-11 and post it here. geez.

move on.

February 13, 2010 at 7:46 p.m.

• Then vote Rick or Kay. That is all I have to tell you. Good bye.

February 13, 2010 at 7:18 p.m.

• At least Medina does not straddle the fence.

Here are your other two options....

• Rick Perry talks a lot about shrinking government. But it’s only talk. Under Perry, taxes have increased by almost $1.6 billion. Perry championed a huge new tax on businesses--even taxing those that are not earning profits. He also added 30,000 new bureaucrats to the state payroll, doubled the state debt and increased spending by almost 50%. Ummm, how is that conservative?
    • Rick Perry campaigns against the federal bank bailout. This is funny because he supported it.
    • Rick Perry talks about limiting the power of government over the people. But he wanted the state to seize more than a half million acres of private property and turn it over to a foreign company to build toll roads. So much for protecting private property.
    • Rick Perry gives speeches about keeping government out of our lives, but wanted to require every sixth grade girl in Texas to be vaccinated against a sexually transmitted disease.
    Amazing it may sound, I heard of someone the other day who was just learning about the Trans Texas Corridor and was appalled. Guess what! Rick Perry still wants to do it, even thought it's not NAMED TTC anymore (Because we all know that if you start calling a dog a cat, it is no longer a dog, right?)

And KBH had a great ad that I really did like... Ooops, except that she apparently loves the moolah from big TTC developer Zachary.
    Hypocrites both. Neither should be elected.

February 13, 2010 at 3:30 p.m.

• It’s funny , it was a firing offense when Van Jones signed a Truther petition but when one of their own does not completely disavow the nonsense, like Medina, they say well we should not put complete trust in our government. When Larry Kilgore preceded her by denouncing the American flag, she never said “I don't agree with Larry Kilgore.” Do we judge her by whom she chooses to pal around with? Larry Kilgore and the Texas Nationalist Movement are endorsing Debra Medina.

When Glenn Beck asked Medina if she believe the government was any way involved with the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?She said “I don't, I don't have all of the evidence there, Glenn. So I don't I'm not in a place, I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard. There are some very good arguments, and I think the American people have not seen all of the evidence there. So I've not taken a position on that........ That’s either a political answer, so not to offend the fringe element, or she doesn't take the stance that no administration, president or congress would be involved in bringing down this nation by bombing the World Trade Center…Medina tried to sidestep the answer by saying it was a federal issue but this is all about her state of mind and beliefs.

Man,when Glenn Beck thinks you are way out there!

The longer the race goes on, the more we will hear about Debra Medina…Stay tuned.

February 13, 2010 at 11:06 a.m.

• This comment was removed by the user.

February 13, 2010 at 10:45 a.m.

• Congrats KAVU :)

Medina's statement from her website: "I was asked a question on the Glenn Beck show today regarding my thoughts on the so-called 9/11 truth movement. I have never been involved with the 9/11 truth movement, and there is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings on 9/11. I have not seen any evidence nor have I ever believed that our government was involved or directed those individuals in any way. No one can deny that the events on 9/11 were a tragedy for all Americans and especially those families who lost loved ones.

The question surprised me because it's not relevant to this race or the issues facing Texans. This campaign has always been about private property rights and state sovereignty. It is focused on the issues facing Texans. It is not a vehicle for the 9-11 truth movement or any other group.

The real underlying question here, though, is whether or not people have the right to question our government. I think the fact that people are even asking questions on this level gets to the incredible distrust career politicians have fostered by so clearly taking their direction from special interests instead of the people, whether it's Rick Perry and his HPV mandate or Kay Hutchison and voting for the bank bailout. It is absolutely the right and duty of a free people to question their government. Texas does not need another politician who tells you what you want to hear, then violates your liberties and steals your property anyway. I fully expect to be questioned and to be held accountable as Governor, and that's the underlying issue here: should people be questioning their government. And the answer is yes, they should be."

www.MedinaForTexas.com

February 12, 2010 at 10:07 p.m.