Comments

• Your absolutly right about Peanuts . Charles Schultz was a shining light no doubt for the funnies . The only comics that were out where action hero comics . The strip will never die , because it is a master piece . But im just saying its only made me laugh out loud maybe ounce . Its a great strip . Better then most , but I rather read Calvin and Hobbes , or one of my other favorite comic strips then Peanuts .
    I never mentioned Baldo though ... I havn't even read that strip before . Pearls before Swine isn't Eye Candy . But I rather read an original strip unlike Blondie (same strip is being written by tons of people) , and Garfield just a repetitive mess of boring gags .

I heared Stephan Pastis is co producing a peanuits specail or somthing .

July 31, 2010 at 8:53 p.m.

• jonnypants23...The only things good about Pearls Before Swine and Baldo are that they cut down on the time required to read the comics page. I gave them a fair shot when they came on board, but after a week or two, I just couldn't go there anymore.

I agree that Calvin and Hobbs is one of the all-time funniest and I really like Zits, too. I read the Chronicle on-line edition and enjoy 9 Chickweed Lane, Curtis and Crankshaft. I will always read Peanuts -- that is an American icon that will never die.

July 30, 2010 at 12:49 p.m.

• I disgree with Chris here . Bill Watterson stopped creating Calvin and Hobbes , because he didn't want it to become just another stupid gag like garfield . I believe Calvin and Hobbes is more creative and humoruos then Peanuts . Even though its funny at times , it just didn't have the creativity that Calvin and Hobbes has .

And Dilbert is not the last comic strip thats decent . Theres Pearls before Swine . Love it or hate it , its become one of the fastest growing comic strips in this decade . Zits is another awsesome strip . The art is fantastic and the humor is hilarious .
    A new strip that is being read is Cul De Sac . It was praised by Mill Watterson himself ! I have the first treasury , and I believe its got some somthing there that no other strip out there has right now . CREATIVITY . Richard Thompson is very talented in art and humor . I encourage you guys to check it out . Oh yes and myfavorite comic strip of all time is easily Calvin and Hobbes . But right now I would say its Zits or Cul De Sac .

July 30, 2010 at 12:19 p.m.

• Chris, just be sure and bring your sleeping bags. And I hope you like cats!

July 27, 2010 at 10:18 a.m.

• I live very close to Santa Rosa,California where Charles Schulz lived. They have a lot of statues of Peanuts characters scattered throughout the town. Quite a few not sure how many. They also have a Schulz museum which I have not been to yet. www.sculzmuseum.org

July 26, 2010 at 10:08 a.m.

• I remember Alley Oop. I didn't read it much, as I was just a kid, and wasn't all that interested in it at the time, but I find myself googling it nowadays. Same with Eek and Meek. Pretty neat comics.

My brothers and I would check out all the hardback Peanuts books at our elementary school in the 70s, and just laugh and laugh.

July 25, 2010 at 6:16 p.m.