Update: We are removing the picture in the blog post because we feel it violates our submission standards policy and is likely a copyright violation. You can see our Ethics board discussion below.
We encourage readers to write blogs on our website, and we've had some really good bloggers over the years.
We don't censor bloggers or dictate what they write about. Their content is theirs and does not reflect the views or opinions of the Victoria Advocate.
That does not mean we give bloggers free reign. For example, we've received a lot of complaints about this blog.
Our ethics board will be discussing this blog post at our monthly meeting July 2, determining a course of action to take.
We do have guidelines for our commenters and bloggers to follow:
- Transparency. Your full name is required.
- Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
- PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
- Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
- Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
- Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
- Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
- Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article. And receive photos, videos of what you see.
- Don’t be a troll. Don’t be a troll. Don’t post inflammatory or off-topic messages, or personal attacks.
Do you have any thoughts? Let us know.