A love that has lasted 60 years began in October 1954 on a blind date. It took one and a half years before Agnes went out with Leon again. On Easter Sunday in 1956, Leon saw Agnes on the top steps of St Mary's Catholic Church and told himself "That's the girl I'm going to marry". She couldn't resist his charm any longer. The two became one on February 9, 1957 when they both married the love of their lives.Leon and Agnes made Victoria their home for over 30 years. When Leon retired from Union Carbide in 1987, they moved out to their country home outside of Westhoff. They are blessed with five children, Ramona (Layton) Sample, Christi (Mark) Kalinowski, Monica (John) Sauer, James (Julie) Srubar, and Dennis Srubar; 9 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. Leon and Agnes enjoy raising their cattle, chickens, donkey & llama, planting a vegetable garden every year and spending time with their family and many good friends. On February 11 they celebrated their anniversary with a dinner party hosted by their children.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
Thank you for Reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Please purchase a subscription to continue reading.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Sheriff's office identifies man in suspected homicide case (w/video)
- Goliad closes after uptick in sick students
- Strong second half lifts Refugio over Thorndale (w/gallery)
- Victoria ISD approves $600K donation for new turf
- 'Depeche Mode: Spirits in the Forest' Review: Longtime collaborator Anton Corbijn brings six fans together to share their personal stories in the documentary that blends footage from the band's Global Spirit Tour
- Industrial downs Bushland to advance to first state final
- Industrial downs Bushland to advance to state final
- Bank offers 600K to VISD for new stadium turf, naming rights to field
- Refugio vs. Thorndale stats
- El Campo ISD contractor accused of hiding camera in boys bathroom