Emilia "Emily" Benavides, of Lolita, felt a persistent tug to retire despite a strong desire to continue teaching.
EDNA – Blaine Allen has been preparing for the Jackson County Youth Fair for the better part of the last year, caring for his steer and getting ready for the annual livestock show and auction.
EDNA – According to her own version of events, Amber Sorensen killed her abusive boyfriend after he had beaten her, strangled her and threatened her life by holding a gun to her head.
EDNA – Amber Sorensen’s attorney attacked arguments laid out by prosecutors and their witnesses Friday morning with testimony from family members.
EDNA – A slain Edna man was not a perpetrator, but rather, the victim of abuse, his parents testified Wednesday.
EDNA – A police investigator Tuesday confirmed that Jarrett Parker did not deny his girlfriend’s allegations of physical abuse in texts sent in the hours before he was killed in the 2017 shooting.
Ganado school district officials put a sixth-grade teacher at Ganado Junior High on leave after allegations of inappropriate contact surfaced.
EDNA – Beyond Sundays, people come together at Edna’s First United Methodist Church, said Pastor Kelli Williamson, who started working at the church in July 2018.
GANADO – Ganado is a Spanish word meaning a herd of cattle. On the fourth Saturday of each month, it could also be used to describe the way people flock to the town’s farmers market.
Trial began Monday morning for an Edna woman who said she acted in self-defense in fatally shooting her boyfriend in 2017.
From water slides and a bounce house to live music and a hayride, the first ”End of Summer Bash” in Edna is bringing Crossroads residents together for the last hurrah 3-9 p.m. Saturday at the Brackenridge Park and Campground.
- Council rejects city engineer's Houston Highway safety plan, opts for realignment option
- Blotter: Victoria woman charged with harboring runaway
- Victoria County Sheriff’s Office executes warrants on two game rooms, arrests four
- Formosa agrees to $50 million settlement and zero discharge of plastic pellets
- Hurricane center monitoring potential cyclone
- 1 dead after single-car wreck near Moulton
- Second Chance Prom raises money for Crossroads Christian School (w/video)
- Goliad County Republican chairman resigns; interim replacement named
- See who we spotted around town at Victoria Ballet Theatre’s presentation of 'Inspired' at the Leo J. Welder Center
- VEDC president appointed as chairman of Texas Economic Development Council