On Dec. 20, off-duty Lavaca County Sheriff’s Deputy Dakota Moreno was traveling on Farm-to-Market Road 444 and failed to yield the right of way to a SUV turning left onto the frontage road leading to the entrance ramp of U.S. 59 near Inez, said Sgt. Ruben San Miguel, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety. The description of how the wreck occurred was incorrect in a story on Page A1 Dec. 23.
Chase Rogers covers breaking news and public safety for The Victoria Advocate. He graduated from Texas State University with a bachelor's in mass communications and journalism. Chase can be reached at 361-574-1286, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter.
Click any reaction to login.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Please use the button below to verify an existing account or to purchase a new subscription.
Your current subscription does not provide access to this content. Please use the button below to manage your account.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Mass coronavirus vaccine clinic planned in Victoria
- VISD announces retirement for assistant superintendents and principal
- All vaccine appointments in Victoria County filled as of 1 p.m. Wednesday
- Major Texas oil and gas companies finalize acquisition
- Cuero woman dies in 1-car wreck on US 87
- Sign-up details for 1,000 doses at the Victoria health department to be released this week
- Victoria police investigating aggravated assault case involving two family members
- Electrophysiologist now seeing patients in Victoria
- Blotter: Bay City resident crashes in canal after high-speed chase
- VISD high schools reopen after 2-month closure