A little-known Kansas company is at the center of a controversy about whether Victoria County spent Hurricane Harvey recovery money in the taxpayers’ interests.
Rain poured down the old shingle walls of the Callis Street house owned by Jesus Ruiz Jr., 67, when Hurricane Harvey hit two years ago.
AUSTWELL – Until recently, if you wanted to watch fiddler crabs skitter across the tidal flats at the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, you’d have to be OK with getting down in the mud with them.
Jon Breeden will be the first to admit he’s more passionate about preserving pieces of Texas’ history than his wallet will sometimes allow.
Members of the state House had a news conference in Rockport on Thursday to discuss the House’s efforts that led to the passage of significant Hurricane Harvey recovery and disaster preparedness legislation in the 86th Legislature.
A driver faces a money laundering charge after a Refugio County deputy discovered $131,900 concealed inside his SUV during a routine traffic stop, a sheriff’s official said.
Many ceremonies are planned in the Crossroads Sunday and Monday to honor soldiers who gave their lives while fighting for the freedoms Americans enjoy today.
REFUGIO – While Hurricane Harvey battered Refugio County, Peggy Maley worked to protect the building where she was born and where she’s spent most of her career.
The annual tradition of high school graduation begins this weekend and continues in the Crossroads during the next two weekends as more than 2,250 high school students are expected to walk the stage to receive their diplomas.
An El Salvadorian driver who killed two Victoria motorcyclists while attempting an illegal U-turn in 2018 has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.
A Houston man received a 75-year prison sentence on Wednesday from a Refugio County jury, almost a year after he led deputies on a high speed chase in a stolen vehicle.
- Parents reboot annual frustration with East, West school traffic
- Little-known Kansas company lands in Victoria after Hurricane Harvey
- Fish caught locally with plastic bottle in gut is sign of global problem
- In Good Company: Marvin Harvey joins American Bank - Victoria
- National Hurricane Center monitors disturbance in Gulf
- With cotton harvest underway, farmers fear grocery bags, plastic contamination
- Austin's permitting department has serious work to do
- Blotter: Victoria man charged with stalking
- VC announces 2019-20 Lyceum Lecture Series lineup
- Commissioners to approve payment for mold remediation work in jail