The Advance Guard-Press and four other Crossroads papers have been bought by a Houston-based media company, the publishers of the Guard-Press announced Thursday.
REFUGIO – “We nominated you the bravest woman in Refugio County for taking on that job,” Angel Kelley said her friends told her when they heard she was taking a job as apartment manager for the Refugio Apartments.
The Refugio school board decided Tuesday to stop using “Dixie” as the district’s fight song, halting use of the tune, which has its roots in blackface minstrelsy.
Law enforcement cooperation and heightened awareness among residents are essential in combating a new kind of crime known as “jugging,” authorities said.
Louise Aduddell, Refugio County’s former treasurer, is joining the race to be the next Precinct 1/1A county commissioner in Refugio County.
Refugio County Sheriff’s Office deputies are searching for a man who ran from authorities during a traffic stop in Bayside on Monday evening.
REFUGIO – The Texas Association of Counties is asserting Refugio County’s lawsuit, which states its claim from losses caused by Hurricane Harvey was improperly handled, has no grounds.
REFUGIO – When people walk into High-Falutin, a hip, fashionable boutique tucked off U.S. 77, it’s not rare that they feel the store is out of place in a quaint, small town.
- Victoria’s homeless population catches attention of national news broadcast
- 5 regional newspapers sold to Houston media company
- Woman crashes into convenience store
- Port Lavaca mayor gives Formosa president key to the city
- Officers arrest Victoria man on outstanding warrants
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for Ernest Macias
- Coyote trapping in full swing in Lavaca County
- Blotter: Merchandise stolen from Walmart
- Port Lavaca man killed in crash on State Highway 185
- 2 killed in highway crash near Hallettsville