- PORT O’CONNOR – The Port O’Connor Service Club will meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Port O’Connor Community Center, 3674 W. Adams St.
- The Port O’
- Connor Library, 506 W. Main St., will have a grand opening celebration beginning with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. Jan. 19. Residents can take a tour and enjoy refreshments to celebrate the new library.
- PORT LAVACA – Marty Haggard will perform “A Tribute to Merle Haggard – My dad,” at 7 p.m. Jan. 25 at the Bauer Community Center, 2300 SH 35 North. Advance tickets are $25 and $30 at the door. To purchase tickets, go to MartyHaggardTickets.com.
- CUERO – Coffee with the mayor is scheduled from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Boys and Girls Club of DeWitt County, 1015 E. Courthouse St. All are invited to enjoy coffee and snacks while visiting with Cuero Mayor Sara Post-Meyer.
- The 68th annual Cuero Rotary Club Pancake Supper is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Jan. 17 at the Cuero High School Cafeteria, 920 E. Broadway St. Tickets are $8; children under the age of 3 eat for free. Plates can also be served to-go.
- The city of Cuero will pick up Christmas trees from 8 a.m. to noon Wednesday. Trees must be placed on the curb and must not have ornaments, lights or tree stands attached.
- The Cuero Chamber of Commerce will host its annual membership social Jan. 10 at The Venue on Church Street, 125 E. Church St. Tickets are on sale at the chamber, 210 E. Main St.
- The Cuero Development Corporation will have its January Community Leaders’ meeting at 7:30 a.m. Friday at the Cuero Public Library, 207 E. Main St. The speaker will be University of Houston-Victoria president Bob Glenn. Those who would lik
- e to attend will need to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOLIAD – Goliad 2019 Project Graduation will have a designer purse bingo event beginning at 2 p.m. Jan. 20 at the Goliad Elementary School cafeteria, 142 W. High St. Tickets are $30 in advance and $40 at the door. Tables of six can also be reserved for $200. Ticket includes one set of bingo cards, a light meal, soda/water and dessert. There will also be door prizes. Doors open 30 minutes to the first game. Tickets can be purchased at Goliad Pharmacy, 208 S. Commercial St. or by calling 361-571-0725; 361-645-4762; or 361-722-9310. All proceeds benefit Goliad 2019 Project Graduation.
- Richie Allbright will perform from 8-10 p.m. on Friday at Schroeder Hall, 12516 Farm-to-Market Road 622. Admission is free.
- Goliad Market Days is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 12 in downtown Goliad. There will be various vendors on site.
- EDNA – The Jackson County Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture will award two $1,500 economic grants this year. Applications can be picked up and turned in at the chamber office, 317 W. Main St. The deadline to turn in an application is 3 p.m. Jan. 31. For more information, call the chamber at 361-782-7146.
- VANDERBILT – Beginning Jan. 8., Industrial Elementary West, 599 Farm-to-Market Road in Inez, will be using the new wing of the campus, the school district announced. The front entrance and administrative offices will be at the front of the new wing. School administrators ask visitors to use the new front entrance when visiting the campus. The bus drop-off/pickup routine will remain the same until further notice.
- GANADO – The Ganado Farmers and Handmade Market will be closed for the months of January and February.
- YOAKUM – The city of Yoakum will have a city council meeting at 6 p.m. Jan. 8 at the city hall conference room, 808 U.S. 77 A South. All are invited to attend.
Amber Aldaco compiled this report, email@example.com.