Amelia Rubio has been a bus driver for Victoria School District since April 1976. She’s seen children grow up and have their own children across her decades of driving her rural route along U.S. 77 South making its way back up to U.S. 59 via small back roads that snake through the countryside.
A Victoria man who was arrested as a teenager with an untreated mental illness avoided spending more time in a jail that his family says exacerbated his symptoms and caused him to rack up more charges.
Victoria Chief Deputy Roy Boyd has decided to run for Goliad County sheriff in the November 2020 elections with the full support of the current sheriff, Kirby Brumby, who will not seek re-election.
Children shrieked, laughed and displayed stunned expressions Tuesday at the Victoria Community Center as they fired artificial “simunition” guns, some holding weapons for the first time.
July is national parks month and the city of Victoria is commemorating it by hosting a digital scavenger hunt this week, and later giving out sundaes at Ethel Lee Tracy park the next and having a street dance at DeLeon Plaza the week after that.
Rebuild Texas Fund is doling out another $2.3 million of funding to Harvey recovery projects in the Crossroads on top of the millions the charitable organization has already given to the area.
Members of the state House had a news conference in Rockport on Thursday to discuss the House’s efforts that led to the passage of significant Hurricane Harvey recovery and disaster preparedness legislation in the 86th Legislature.
Gary P. Nunn, Johnny Bush and Janie Fricke are among the celebrities playing in the 38th annual Bluebonnet Youth Ranch Celebrity Golf Tournament.
- US Marshals arrest executive director of Hope Child Advocacy Center
- Fifth-generation rancher earns national award
- Aggies' Markert rewards former teacher, school
- Blotter: 18-year-old Victoria man charged with robbery
- Shot Inez man identified; investigation continues
- UPDATE: Imelda brings heavy rain to Texas Coast
- Symphony supporters get musical for fall fundraiser (w/video)
- Nave Museum to host rare retrospective exhibit of Madeline O'Connor's work
- Goliad County grand jury returns murder indictments for 2 accused of fatal shooting
- Know before you dine out -- read this week's restaurant inspection reports