Fire investigators have determined a Wednesday night house fire in Bloomington was caused by faulty electrical wiring.
A hired contractor attempted an improper controlled-burn to demolish an abandoned house in Victoria County Tuesday, authorities said.
Victoria resident Ronald Green has attended 13 funerals since March. Seven of those were for family members who died of COVID-19.
High COVID-19 hospitalization rates in the Victoria area triggered an executive order that closes bars and reduces capacity for other businesses effective immediately, per a state spokesperson.
Editor’s Note: The 87th Legislative session will begin Jan.12 in Austin. The Advocate will run a series of stories previewing key issues in the session from city and county government to education as well as public safety and health care, among others. Friday’s topic is city — county government.
Gayla Massey is reconnecting with her Texas roots after living much of her life in California. Her cousin Cheryl Roden is an unexpected connection made possible by a shared association with music and their local newspaper.
Apprentices gathered at Mid Coast Construction Academy Monday evening for another electrical training class. With more training under their belts, both workers and the city’s economy are better prepared for forward momentum.
Amanda Page Thompson and her three sons left an Inez restaurant like they had many times before when their whole world changed.
Rigorous training and fewer routes because of remote instruction have resulted in fewer Victoria school bus crashes this year, district officials said.
The Victoria East and West cheerleaders pump up crowds for the two schools’ 11th annual crosstown meetup for the Battle of the Boot. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, there was no lack of team spirit on either side.
PORT O’CONNOR — Umbrellas spread over the hot sand at King Fisher Beach with beach dwellers retreating from the sun underneath among them were Kay Henderson and her two friends.
The impact that Tropical Storm Beta had on the Victoria area was clear to many residents upon waking up Tuesday.
Many Crossroads cancellations and closures have been announced for Tuesday because of Tropical Storm Beta. To add your organization’s changes to the list, email email@example.com.
- Dowell named Van Vleck AD/ head football coach
- Blotter: Two arrested, charged with drug possession in Goliad County
- Food Bank of the Golden Crescent to pause operations after COVID-19 infections
- COVID-19 hospitalization rate stays steady at 18.7%
- Victoria students return to stage for pandemic performance
- Fire marshal: Faulty wiring caused Bloomington fire
- DPS: Lavaca County deputy failed to yield in fatal December motorcycle crash
- Blotter: Deputies looking for 4 people who burglarized Victoria County business; steal lawn mower, other items (Video)
- Rep. Cloud issues statement on impeachment
- Letter: Representative Cloud should explain why he did not wear a mask