Since the COVID-19 pandemic led Bobbie Long to spend more time at home, she has kept busy working on puzzles, crocheting, reading, cooking and doing housework.
Local nursing homes are waiting for more information about the state’s plan to provide testing for all residents and staff in Texas nursing homes.
It’s unclear whether Victoria and surrounding counties will have a traditional “peak” in their respective coronavirus curves.
Residents in five local counties were able to get free COVID-19 tests this week through the Texas National Guard, which started operating drive-thru collection sites Tuesday.
City and county of Goliad officials and residents remain in disagreement over the shelter-in-place order put in place by the Goliad mayor last week.
The Golden Crescent Regional Planning Commission announced Tuesday that its public transit services will be free until further notice.
One new case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Wharton County on Wednesday, bringing the total to 8 residents who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
A healthcare worker who lives in the rural area surrounding Wharton was among two positive cases of COVID-19 announced Friday by Wharton County officials.
Before Gov. Greg Abbott directed state agencies to restrict jail and prison visitations in response to COVID-19, local sheriffs were in talks with medical staff to prepare for the possibility of outbreaks of the novel coronavirus in their facilities.
YOAKUM – At its Jan. 30 meeting in Austin, the Texas Transportation Commission awarded highway repaving and improvement projects in TxDOT’s Yoakum District to Calhoun, Wharton, and Victoria counties for a total of about $202 million.
BAY CITY – Wire traps sit submerged beneath the still surface of ponds on Herff Cornelius’ Matagorda County property. Workers yank them off stakes holding them in place, hoping to find bright red crawfish waiting inside.
EL CAMPO – As the cotton picker harvested the last of Michael Watz’s crop, clouds of cotton lint and mosquitoes flew through the humid air on a late September afternoon.
An El Campo man was arrested Wednesday on charges of possession of child pornography, according to a news release from Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office.
A man who was identified as one of two suspects in an aggravated robbery at a Wharton bank died during a high speed chase Thursday in Lufkin.
- Is the latest influx of cases in the region due to an increase in testing?
- Victoria protesters try to organize larger gathering
- Blotter: Man makes off with money after depositing fraudulent checks
- Tropical storm could impact parts of Texas
- Teen cancer survivor: COVID-19 precautions protect those with weakened immune systems
- YMCA, VISD Aquatics Center announce pool reopenings
- Officals urge preparation for an already active hurricane season
- ‘A creative space’: Victoria library engages teens despite pandemic
- Cristobal triggers advisory for Gulf coastal region
- George Floyd protest called off in Edna