Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Victoria Public Library
- 302 N. Main St.
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5:30 Friday, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday
- You will find a varied selection of gently used books of all genres as well as audiobooks, CDs and DVDs for all ages.
Victoria Fire Department to celebrate EMS Week with open house
- Victoria Community Center
- 2905 E. North St.
- 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- The South Texas Blood and Tissue Center will be on-site to take blood donations. There will be tours of the VFD apparatus and stop-the-bleed demonstrations with hands-on practice, CPR demonstrations, air ambulance displays, stroke and cardiac education and more.
Movie and Mixer – Intelligent Lives
- UHV- University North Building
- 3007 N. Ben Wilson St.
- 6 p.m.
- A movie screening for “Intelligent Lives” will be at 6 p.m.; there will be a mixer immediately after the film. Come learn more about the advantages of hiring people with disabilities. Tickets are free and are available at wsgc_intelligentlives_moviemixer.eventbrite.com.
Garcitas and Arenosa Creek Water Quality Meeting
- Victoria County 4-H Activity Center
- 259 Bachelor Drive
- 1 p.m.
- The agenda includes addressing action items from the last meeting, providing and discussing draft versions of chapters 1-3 of the watershed protection plan and getting feedback on management measures. A draft of the first few chapters are available at matagordabasin.tamu.edu if you would like to review. Hard copies will be available at the meeting.
- Contact Michael Schramm, research association at the Texas Water Resources Institute, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-458-9191.
Ganado – Farmers and Handmade Market
- 111 S. Third St., Ganado
- 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
- A variety of vendors to choose from. We have handmade, homegrown and direct sales.
Cuero’s Farmers Market/Market on Main
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Shop for fresh vegetables, meats, eggs, jellies and wine under our shaded and cool Main Street Market Pavilion. Enjoy a selection of jewelry, gift items, crafts and more, then stroll through Cuero’s Historic Main Street for its downtown shops, eateries and museums.
- Contact Sandra Tague Osman at email@example.com or 361-485-8008.
Victoria Farmers’ Market
- Dr. Pattie Dodson Public Health Center
- 2805 N. Navarro St.
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Shop for fresh locally grown produce, farm-fresh eggs, local honey, grass-fed meats, an assortment of baked goods, homemade pickles and jellies, homemade noodles, live herbs and houseplants, handmade crafts and more. Most vendors accept credit/debit cards.
- Contact Meridith Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-218-9246.