We sit outside daily and feed birds and squirrels. We have a drink and our fan. Biscuit has his own fan and his own water bowl. He is 13 years old and has arthritis in his legs, so I carry his (I am his Uber and his elevator to get on top of table you see.
Kaia is ready for a COOL shower at the dog spa.
Ethel finds a dip in the cool pool very refreshing after spending hot afternoons chasing squirrels and deer in her big backyard. She especially likes it when Mom throws in a couple of toys and ice cubes. Swimsuits or t-shirts are a must for skin protection. Ethel is a puppy-mill Malti-Poo re…
Daisy is a 4-year-old Texas Heeler from Huntsville who loves the water more than life. Her favorite things to do are swim, taking boats rides and fishing with her mom and dad. She is always ready to wear her pup life jacket, because sometimes the excitement of the water just gets her going a…
Danny loves homegrown watermelon in summertime.
Danny is an Anatolian shepherd.
Lifeguard on duty! Blue Belle has been “chilling” in the pool all summer long. She is also a big help and ensuring the kids remain safe while swimming. She is the family pet of Jason and Brandi Carroll of Cuero. She is also adored by siblings: Abby, Grady and Dylan.
July 4 Hot Dog! Black lab, Birdie, took a dip in a storage container (which barely contained the 84-pound dog), while her best friends enjoyed swimming pools. We could not even find a plastic baby pool ---it was so hot that everyone was sold out! Being the sweet dog she is, Birdie ap…
The Overcoming Obstacles 5K Run scheduled for July 18 has been postponed until May 15, 2021, because of existing conditions. The run is a benefit for Restoration House Ministries. From left are committee member Jean Hinojosa, event sponsor Gary Moses, Theresa Klaeman, director of Restoration…
This picture from front porch in Ganado, after 13 inches of rain in 4 hours! Taken on April 19, 2020. Submitted by Susan Thomas.
We are Carl and Betty Pemberton, and we live in Louise. We have had a garden and luscious flowers for all of our married life. We have been married for 51 years and have two children and four grandchildren. In 2007, we received the Yard of the Season award from the Louise-Hillje Chamber of C…
- Kayaking company offers serene, socially distanced activity during pandemic
- Victoria County reports additional COVID-19 death, bringing total to 47
- Port Lavaca bowling alley keeps rolling
- Do I need a negative COVID-19 test to return to work?
- Governor to visit Victoria to talk about COVID-19 response
- How can I be safe from COVID-19 while sharing a vehicle?
- Five COVID-19 cases reported in Victoria County jail
- Infection control was already a problem in local nursing homes. Then a pandemic hit.
- 5 intriguing potential NBA playoff matchups
- Texas allows nursing home visits on limited basis