Electric skillet caused Mission Valley home fire

April 13, 2011 at 6 p.m.
Updated April 12, 2011 at 11:13 p.m.

An unattended electric skillet was the cause of a fire at a Mission Valley house on Tuesday, said Victoria County Fire Marshal Ron Pray.

A double mobile home fire in Fordtran on Monday remains under investigation.

The increased dry weather conditions mixed with low humidity and high winds, could lead to a burn ban next week, Pray added.

"That's the way we're going," he said. "We're in a medium drought condition."

Ricky Williams, who was involved in the first mobile home fire, was flown to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

Pray won't be able to conclude the investigation until he talks with Williams, he said.

The hospital would not release Williams' updated condition on Wednesday.

The second mobile home that caught fire was about 50 yards away and burned to the ground because of embers carried from the fire at Williams' home, Pray said.



Powered By AffectDigitalMedia