Could you pass 11th grade social studies?
Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:20 a.m.
The following questions were adapted from a 2009 Exit Level TAKS social studies test.
1. Who was the commander of the Continental army during the Revolutionary War?
2. What significant event occurred in October 1929?
3. From what do the freedoms found in the Bill of Rights guarantee protection?
4. Before the 24th Amendment was passed, what was the poll tax used for in the South?
1. George Washington
2. The stock market crashed
3. The government's abuse of power
4. To discourage minority citizens from voting