Sunday, July 05, 2015

Advertise with us

A night of Victoria house fires

By Jennifer Lee Preyss
Feb. 14, 2011 at 9:03 p.m.
Updated Feb. 13, 2011 at 8:14 p.m.

Firefighters enter a smoking garage to fight a fire at 1201 E. Colorado St. Monday evening.

Two house fires ignited in Victoria on Monday night in the 1200 block of East Colorado and the 2400 block of Walnut Road. The cause of the blaze on Colorado street, which started in the home's one-story detached garage about 8 p.m., is still under investigation. Homeowners Dolores and Adolfo Ramirez suspect the fire may be attributed to a laundry machine malfunction.

Victoria Fire Department Battalion Chief Roger Hempel said no one was injured in the fire, but the structure sustained smoke and fire damage throughout.

The second fire on Walnut Street was caused by a grease fire in the kitchen. No one was harmed, and Victoria Fire Department quickly extinguished the flames about 9 p.m.



Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia