Could you pass eighth-grade science?
July 2, 2011 at 2:02 a.m.
The following questions were adapted from a 2009 eighth-grade science TAKS test.
1. The growth of what usually occurs first in primary succession on a bare rock?
2. Which process uses carbon dioxide and the sun's radiant energy to produce chemical energy?
3. A cook touches a hot stove and quickly moves his hand away. What are the two primary body systems that work together to produce this response?
4. A group of students found metamorphic rocks near a campsite. The presence of metamorphic rocks is most likely evidence of what?
3. Nervous and muscular systems
4. High pressure
Source: Texas Education Agency