Friday, March 06, 2015




Advertise with us

Family escapes house fire without injury

By Jennifer Lee Preyss
July 4, 2011 at 2:04 a.m.
Updated July 7, 2011 at 2:07 a.m.


An electrical malfunction in the engine area of a Polaris Ranger off-road vehicle, caused a home to catch fire in the 1500 block of Noll Road in Victoria County around 4:52 p.m. Saturday.

Everything inside the home was lost in the fire.

Victoria Fire Marshal Ron Pray said the off-road vehicle was parked under a carport in the rear of Robert and Sally Leinen's home when it began sparking. The fire quickly spread from the engine area of the Ranger, to the gas tank and eventually to the roof of the carport attached to the rear of the home.

"The vehicle had recently been running, so it probably didn't help that it was already hot," Pray said. "It caught the roof on fire and spread into the house."

Victoria Fire Department, the Victoria County Fire Department, the Victoria County Sheriff's Office, the Mission Valley Volunteer Fire Department and the Nursery Fire Department responded to help extinguish the blaze.

The Leinen's were home with their three children when the fire started, and the family was able to escape without injury.

When contacted Monday, Sally Leinen declined to comment on the fire.

The America Red Cross Crossroads Chapter was not contacted for assistance with the fire, said Red Cross Emergency Services Director Linda May.

Corrected July 7, 2011.

SHARE

Comments



Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia