Could you pass ninth-grade math?
July 30, 2011 at 2:30 a.m.
The following questions were adapted from a 2009, ninth-grade math TAKS test.
1. Chantelle won nine of 15 tennis games she played. At this rate, which of the following is the best prediction of the number of tennis games she will win out of her next 12 games?
2. If today is Tuesday, what day of the week will it be 100 days from today?
3. If the diameter of a circle is dilated by a scale factor of 0.6, what will be the effect on the circle's circumference?
4. Dante has five times as many marbles as Kenny. Juan has one-third as many marbles as Dante. If Kenny has 30 marbles, how many marbles does Juan have?
3. The circumference will be 0.6 times as large.