College Q&A: VC opens center to better serve students

June 18, 2011 at 1:18 a.m.

By Katy Long

I was on the Victoria College campus recently, and I noticed the Administration Building has been remodeled and has a new name. One of the new renovations is the Welcome Center. What do they do there?

Yes, you are right. The Administration Building was recently remodeled and is now called the Student Services Building. This was done to better reflect the services provided and the offices housed in the building. One of the newest features is the Welcome Center, which opened on April 1.

The Welcome Center's open and inviting atmosphere is the first stop for new and current students. Student specialists are on hand to provide general information about the college, admissions, payments, advising, transcript requests and graduation applications. If you need specialized assistance, Welcome Center specialists will be able to direct you where you need to go to find the information and get the help you need.

There is also a new Welcome Center sign outside the front of the Student Services Building to make it easier to find from the parking lot.

Other offices within the Student Services Building include Admissions and Records, Advising and Counseling Services, Financial Aid, Pre-College Programs, Payments, Title V and the Vice President of Student Services Office.

Do you have a question about Victoria College? Contact Katy Long, Marketing and Communications Department, at 361-485-6835, or



Powered By AffectDigitalMedia