Some Black Friday fun for shoppers waiting in line
Nov. 23, 2011 at 5:23 a.m.
Want to plan out your Friday shopping excursions? Stores opening early in Victoria include:
Academy Sports + Outdoors: 5 a.m.
Aman's Jewelers: 8 a.m.
American Eagle: Midnight
Bath & Body Works: 4 a.m.
Bealls: 6 a.m.
Best Buy: Midnight
Bonworth: 8 a.m.
The Buckle: 8 a.m.
Burke's Outlet: 6 a.m.
Cato Fashions: 7 a.m.
The Children's Place: Midnight
Claire's: 8 a.m.
Dillards: 8 a.m.
Dollar General: 7 a.m.
Earthbound Trading: 8 a.m.
Finish Line: Midnight
Footlocker: 6 a.m.
Game Stop: 6 a.m.
Gordon's Jewelers: 8 a.m.
H-E-B Plus: 4 a.m.
Harbor Freight Tools: 7 a.m.
Hastings: 8 a.m.
Hibbett Sports: 6 a.m.
Home Depot: 5 a.m.
JC Penney: 4 a.m.
Justice: 6 a.m.
Lowes: 5 a.m.
Maurices: 6:30 a.m.
Melrose: 8 a.m.
Office Depot: 6 a.m.
Pacific Sunwear: Midnight
Payless Shoesource: 8 a.m.
PetSmart: 7 a.m.
Piercing Pagoda: 8 a,m.
Radio Shack: 5:30 a.m.
Regal Jewelers: 8 a.m.
Ross: 6 a.m.
Rue 21: Midnight
Sam's Club: 5 a.m.
Sears: 4 a.m.
Tractor Supply Company: 4 a.m.
Trudy's Hallmark: 9 a.m.
Victoria's Secret: 6 a.m.
Walmart: Deals begin at 10 p.m. Thursday
Zales: 8 a.m.
1. The bow on the door wreath is gold.
2. The light by the door is off.
3. The angel on the top shelf has been replaced by a toy bunny.
4. The teddy bear on second shelf is wearing a Santa hat.
5. The snowman snow globe has been replaced with a different snow globe.
6. The gold star on the top shelf is smaller.
7. Girl's pink sash is missing.
8. Girl's pink hair bow is missing.
9. Blue dice is missing from block toys on bottom shelf.
10. The train on bottom shelf is turned in a different direction.
11. The little "monkey bear" has moved to the far left of the bottom shelf.
12. The strike plate on the shop door is missing.
13. The gift box on the second shelf is blue.
14. The gift on the bottom shelf is green.
15. The little girl has moved to the far right of the picture.
16. The little girl's purse is on her right arm.
17. The girl's shadow is missing.
18. One of the six angels on the second shelf is missing.
19. Sale sign is missing.
20. There is no light reflection in the top left pane of glass on the door.
So, dinner is over, football has ended and that giant stack of dishes is clean and put away.
Or at least it's idling in the sink, waiting for a scrub.
What's a person to do in the Turkey Day aftermath? Wait for retailers to open, of course.
Black Friday is that day-after-Thanksgiving consumer frenzy where shoppers line up outside their favorite retail hubs, racing in during the early-morning hours to grab up deals.
But the quest for low-price holiday gifts sometimes comes at a price, and that price is waiting in line for hours on end.
In the meantime, here's something to do while you wait.